R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-24-2006, 07:39 PM   #766
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

the lrp sphere comp is awsome. i run one with a neo-one 4*. you have to realize that its sensored though. both the spheres are.i havent used brushed mode but ive heard it works fine. the comp is real tunable. i can change for every track condition thrown out there.

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:43 PM   #767
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Has anyone tried using an extra cap on the Sphere Comp? (it comes with one pre-installed), I have also the cooling kit for it which has another smaller blue cap that can be installed. Does running both caps keep the esc cooler? And less chance of destroying itself or thermalling?

ive heard that it will keep the esc cooler. personally i just instaled the heat sink and it stays cooler then i want it too. my battery will overheat before the esc will. haha. if yours runs like mine, which i would asume it does, then it wouldnt need the extra one. because it should stay in the right range anyways with the heatsink installed

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:37 AM   #768
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

im thinking about getting a SPhere Comp where is the cheapest place in Aus to get one??
Hoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:03 AM   #769
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Might be worth waiting for the new TC version.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:11 AM   #770
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggy
im thinking about getting a SPhere Comp where is the cheapest place in Aus to get one??

you can have mine. it died with its 4th pack through it in stock
moot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:03 AM   #771
Tech Addict

DAMN! thats no good, hope you got it from aus so warranty is still good.

ive heard so many bad reports about this speedy, has anything been done to improve it??

i think i might just stick with novak for now since they have a good reputation
Old 10-25-2006, 10:16 AM   #772
Tech Rookie

have you guys seen this from LRP
http://www.rc-car-net.at/
eurostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:30 PM   #773
Tech Elite

i havent read many bad reports on the lrp? personally i would rate it about a 9 out of 10. it is extreemly tunable, real efficient, and puts out plenty of power. ive run plenty of batteries through mine and it works fine.

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

Old 10-26-2006, 04:04 AM   #774
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Can't wait

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...onTCSpec-1.jpg
Old 10-26-2006, 05:46 AM   #775
Tech Addict

That looks awsome!
any ideas on when they are bringing it out?
Old 10-26-2006, 09:08 AM   #776
Tech Elite

doesnt look much different from the neo-one/sphere combo. only the neo-one goes up to 4*. great speed control. extreemly tunable and very fast with the neo-one. im sure that vector is pretty similar.

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

Old 10-26-2006, 09:34 AM   #777
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That cooling set with the heatsink and fan looks good.

The TC Spec Sphere looks good too. I might up grade to it from my regular Sphere IF the TC Spec proves to be reliable.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:50 AM   #778
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

well, while my 1 day old sphere system is still at LRP for repairs, I picked up a used sphere competition system. I havent had time to really mess with it, I just programmed it. I noticed something, I turn the radio on, then I turn the speed controller on and it lunges forward just briefly like the throttle is blipped.

yes, I know how to program it.
No, the sub trim is not wrong on the radio, if it were it would continue to go forward.

Radio system is an M11 with Spektrum, failsafe on spektrum is programmed with throttle just at neutral.

anyone experience this with the LRP? Man, my novak was hook up and forget about it...
mach51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:15 AM   #779
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach51
well, while my 1 day old sphere system is still at LRP for repairs, I picked up a used sphere competition system. I havent had time to really mess with it, I just programmed it. I noticed something, I turn the radio on, then I turn the speed controller on and it lunges forward just briefly like the throttle is blipped.

No, the sub trim is not wrong on the radio, if it were it would continue to go forward.

Radio system is an M11 with Spektrum, failsafe on spektrum is programmed with throttle just at neutral.

anyone experience this with the LRP? Man, my novak was hook up and forget about it...
I used to have that happen with some speed controls. Some others simply blipped the steering breifly. But I haven't had too many speed controls that didn't do 'something' when the car was turned on.

I don't think its that unusual.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:48 AM   #780
Tech Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach51

Should`nt do that , lunge when turn on...

If I switch my Competetion on without the radio turn on,
a blue LED lites up....
Believe the blue LED works Like a fail safe alert....

When the radio is turn on then the blue led goes off and a red LED turns on.
Red meaning ready to run...
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote