R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-29-2006, 07:26 AM   #691
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Hey Carl to answer your question its from the use of a "bonded" rotor...I think the actualy neo material is bonded together and then bonded to the shaft or its bonded all at one time around the shaft...or at least thats how I understand it. That is why the companies are now wanting to go to Sintered magnets as they are more reliable and effecient. They are supposedly a WHOLE lot faster as well!!

EA
Thanks for the explaination...
Old 08-29-2006, 07:40 AM   #692
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosG.
Where are they sold or who is distributing them?
Rc-connect is a distributor in the Netherlands!
Rob Janssen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:20 AM   #693
Tech Addict

Just got Sphere and 4 star motor. Something is not good. My car just stopped suddently at the middle of the track. Throttle with no response at all. Then few second later, the power is back up and I was able to pull out my car off the track. I felt the motor could not go fast after it stopped. Want to know is the some kind of battery protection for not going into the voltage too low? if yes, then it is too dangerous to stop at the middle of the track. Anyway, why it stop working? Thanks
ioxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:43 AM   #694
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioxqq
Just got Sphere and 4 star motor. Something is not good. My car just stopped suddently at the middle of the track. Throttle with no response at all. Then few second later, the power is back up and I was able to pull out my car off the track. I felt the motor could not go fast after it stopped. Want to know is the some kind of battery protection for not going into the voltage too low? if yes, then it is too dangerous to stop at the middle of the track. Anyway, why it stop working? Thanks
Maby it's in the LIPO mode or it got to hot...
hugovdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:55 AM   #695
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hugo is right. You are in the default autosening LiPo/NiMh mode. Switch your speedo to the NiMh mode and there will be no voltage cut off.

If you are drawing a lot of amps on starup or with a big gear you can drive the pack voltage below 6v even on a fully charged pack and this will trigger the auto lipo cutoff.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:59 PM   #696
Tech Addict

Thanks. So the LiPo/NiMh mode is not for NiMH.
ioxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:39 PM   #697
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Just for a counter point I had the same thing happen and it smoked out a few seconds later. ATM I am waiting for it to return from LRP in CA.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:46 PM   #698
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Just for a counter point I had the same thing happen and it smoked out a few seconds later. ATM I am waiting for it to return from LRP in CA.
Anything is possible but I experienced the shut downs ioxqq was having and switching to the NiMh only mode solved them.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:31 PM   #699
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Youre probably right Adrian, I just thought the info could help if it wasn't the lipo mode. I hope youre right for his sake at least. NO fun waiting.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:50 AM   #700
Tech Adept

Sadly... there have just been too many problems with regards to the Sphere and Neo-One. I would stay away from LRP Brushless stuff for a while. I had one give out on me and when I got it replaced at Associated the new system went straight to E-Bay. LRP better straighten things out and quick... Novak definitely has the market share and now Mamba, Tekin, Orion, and even Trinity (Brushless Motors at least) are joining the party. More competition will just make it better for all of us consumers... by lowering prices... and weeding out the weaker products!
TEAM-AE-4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 01:57 AM   #701
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to gofastrlbrown
Default Novak For Me

I will say that from all the feedback heard, novak is the only way to go. I do have a Mamba on my 1/18 Losi, but outside of that everything is novak.
Godspeed
gofastrlbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:25 AM   #702
Tech Regular

Team AE

I also had my Sphere comp melted early this year and another one just went dead without any reason. I received the replacement and all the I can say is that the later version is much more reliable than the previous ones. I am sure they realized all the production and design issues with the earlier release and have resolved the problems by now.
azmio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:00 AM   #703
Tech Adept

Well... at least they learned to include a CAP with the Sphere Competition. Unlike their first release they sold a product with missing parts! I.E. - The damn Cooling Set! Even their own manual recommended that it was needed! Talk about a dumb-ass move! To make things worse... the needed Cooling Set wasn't even available for purchase! It took them months for it to get here in the States!

Yes, by including the CAP it solve some of their problems... but the Motors still have problems with the rotor and magnets!

At this point it is just not worth the aggravation, hassle, & risk!
TEAM-AE-4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:26 AM   #704
Tech Adept

about the sudden stops,

im using the GTB and it happens all the time. im racing old GP3700 that, i suppose, drip voltage alot :P. it just stops and gets into failsafe ( PCM reciever with T3PK) if i give like Full throttle from a standstill. i Can get fullthrottle but its difficult. br00d batts are on their way! does the GTB also have some kind of lipo-setting!? because when i once put in a good set of batts from a mate it still kind of stops sometimes... its strange, im very experienced with interference but havent seen these things. ever since im using the GTB its like trippin' if i give some throttle, does anyone have interferrence when they give like a punch of throttle?
oh and i got the tip already, im ordering a spektrumset in a while

my 2nd point,
i smoked my Sphere aswell
suddenly it stopped
and when i checked it it was all smoking and it became so hot the soldertabs came loose theirselves. i mailed LRP about this but i still have no response. maybe here?

Mark
Markiempje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:27 AM   #705
Tech Adept

We know at there will be new X11 series. Can Burrito or anyone confirm yet, is it possible at LRP do some changes to Sphere competiton esc too?

Any news?