Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lrp brushless esc

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 07:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
so why weren't the hacker and uforce type systems legalised? is this a case of a big brand muscling it's clout around town?

i think so.

and if it is a case of "the manufacturer had to submit their own proposals" this is bollocks. so if a excellent product isn;t submitted and a shit one is the shit one is then accepted via default? pfft. anyway i'm not so hardcore into the rules, i just like racing so correct me if i'm wrong

the hacker is quicker and the u force is extremely programable, like as in VERY!! more than any esc you've ever used.

i think this is just another case of big brand doing a "stagered release" of technology they know they already have.

the hacker 6T or the c40 motors are designed for cars specifically according to the hacker website. mind you they don't have a flash site like the reedy's novaks etc

to the ozzy guy, the 6T may overheat in 38+ celcius temps if it is run very very hard. if you are quick and race in high temps get the 7T.
personally i've never overheated but some one of the top racers (besercoe) in oz has a few times i think. he has a 7T dude.

got nothing against reedy or novak, or burito but i think it is stupid that they didn't just legalise all motors. and am i right in guessing you can't mix and match speedies and motors according to the rules??? that's just "wacked" as the yankees say.
hi
i oso hv a uforce. it isnt legal? why?
Old 05-10-2005, 08:14 AM
Tech Addict

@KKKWAN: hope KKK isn't what it looks like...
As "Exe" correctly stated, the Novak SS speed-control may technically work with the Neo1 or Vector, but it is simply not made for such powerful motors. Maybe it will work in low traction applications when you don't have very high loads, but certainly not for racing.
It would work the opposite way of course, which means you can use a Novak SS5800 with the LRP Sphere speed-control.

@Venom & others: sorry, this is not about "race legal" in this thread and I don't want to discuss this issue, feel free to comment of course but please do so in a separate thread since it's kind of "off topic" in my opinion.
I do understand some of your issues, but some are definitely completely wrong. But I don't think I should discuss this as an employee of LRP since you guys would always think this is "sales talk" (and I won't in this thread anyway... ).
Old 05-10-2005, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by burito

@Bob Nielsen: the Sportsman, as well as the LowGrip setting, do have limited torque also for better driveability. Thanks for your input anyway.

Thanks Burito... that helps a lot.

One more question... How much does the Neo weigh?
Old 05-10-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by burito
@STEALTH: well, it's certainly always easier blaming someone else...
I think our QC2 works well with all existing radios, not sure what the Spektrum shall be different. Anyway, this is not the issue here and I can confirm that the Sphere doesn't use the same BEC as the QC2 (it's a 3A type in the Sphere).
So, no problems there until someone else blames us...

burito (Reto) - Many thanks for answering my question! I hope the SPHERE does end up working flawlessly with the SPEKTRUM System which is becoming very popular at a lot of tracks! It's reassuring to also know that the SPHERE uses a different BEC as to that of the QC2!

Again, THANKS!!!
Old 05-10-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

By the way Reto... I mentioned to the others on the LRP Forum to post their SPHERE/NEO-ONE/VECTOR questions here since you have been answering everyone's questions so proficiently!

Last edited by STEALTH; 05-10-2005 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:13 AM
Tech Addict

@stealth: thank you... seems like I'm afraid to look after our own forum now...
No, definitely need to "clean up" there soon! Just too much work.

@Bob Nielsen: our brushless motors weigh 4grams less then a common brushed motor (which is something just below 170g if I remember correctly).
Old 05-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

172gr states lrp catalouge.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

Burrito says the LRP/Reedy brushless is like a 9 turn... but admits bias...

We know that a pre-production version of the LRP/Reedy brushless won a ROAR National 12th scale race... So my question is... (since I'm not up on 12th scale road racing) What type of motor normaly competes in a 12th scale national caliber race? Or said another way... what kind of competition did the LRP/Reedy brushless go up against at that race in the 12th scale class?

Another thing we know (I think)... The LRP/Reedy brushless system did NOT win in any of the 10th scale classes at that ROAR National event... Presumably because it could NOT compete with what ever motors typicaly get used at such a event. Again I'm not really up on road racing(I'm mostly a oval guy)... but isn't there a 10 turn limit in ROAR Road course racing? If so, wouldn't that indicate that where 'efficency' is not such a big issue (like it is in 12th scale) that the LRP/Reedy brushless is not really as powerfull as what was run in 10th scale competiton at that ROAR National event?

As for the Hacker and Schulze brushless products... Do those things run on 4 cells? Regardless of wether they may be able to be 'ROAR legal' many folks in RC racing do like to compete at 4 cell (4.8 volt) voltages... 12th scale guys... Oval guys, etc... Near as I can tell these Hacker and Schluze type products aren't ready for 4 cell use...

Another for Burrito.... When will LRP offer more programablity in a brushless product... Say for instance, allowing some adjustment of timing or something equivalant to that? Why isn't this sort of thing offered now?
Old 05-11-2005, 06:44 AM
Tech Addict

Sorry, don't know how to "quote", hopefully this comes up allright...

Dyno: Burrito says the LRP/Reedy brushless is like a 9 turn... but admits bias...

-> what's wrong with that?

Dyno: We know that a pre-production version of the LRP/Reedy brushless won a ROAR National 12th scale race... So my question is... (since I'm not up on 12th scale road racing) What type of motor normaly competes in a 12th scale national caliber race? Or said another way... what kind of competition did the LRP/Reedy brushless go up against at that race in the 12th scale class?

-> I don't get it! Common winds in 4-cell 1/12 with brushed motors are 9- and 10-turns. So what is the exact problem?

Dyno: Another thing we know (I think)... The LRP/Reedy brushless system did NOT win in any of the 10th scale classes at that ROAR National event... Presumably because it could NOT compete with what ever motors typicaly get used at such a event. Again I'm not really up on road racing(I'm mostly a oval guy)... but isn't there a 10 turn limit in ROAR Road course racing? If so, wouldn't that indicate that where 'efficency' is not such a big issue (like it is in 12th scale) that the LRP/Reedy brushless is not really as powerfull as what was run in 10th scale competiton at that ROAR National event?

-> there's no 10t limit in Road-Racing anymore, I think this was skipped for this season. About the performance in TC, Jon Orr made the A-main and broke twice in the mains. I think he did really well and there's no reason to say it wasn't competitive with such a result. There were lots of good drivers in the B...

Dyno: Another for Burrito.... When will LRP offer more programablity in a brushless product... Say for instance, allowing some adjustment of timing or something equivalant to that? Why isn't this sort of thing offered now?

-> We try to give our customers good choosen profiles upfront and had great success doing it this way. We never gave millions of adjustment possibilities with any of our products and felt this is more appreciated, it's just too difficult for most guys to adjust all those things.
The Sphere does allow adjustments of all parameters which are of use for racing in my opinion. Especially the automatic-brake features are of great help, which are not in any other brushless ESC the way it's done in ours, as far as I know...

@DynoMoHum: not sure if I only got it the wrong way, but you do come across kind of aggressive in your post.
I really try to just answer the many questions you guys have and would prefer to do this in a positive way. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Brushless rule changes?

Can anyone else confirm that ROAR has eliminated the 10 turn motor rule, and now both sensor and non-sensor brushless are allowed. I just received my monthly rev-up edition with what looks like non-sensor motors are allowed.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:08 AM
Tech Adept

I didn't mean to be 'aggressive' only wanted to clear things up, both for my own personal knowlege and for others that may also be unclear.

I tried to make it clear that I didn't know what motors were commonly used in 12th scale. I assumed that they were typicaly greater then 10 turns... I was only trying to understand what is most common in 12th scale vs. 10th scale. Hoping it might shed some 'unbiased' light on where the LRP/Reedy brushed product really fits in in the grand scheem of proformance levels, perticularly when directly compared to common racing situations.

I knew there was talk of eliminating the 10 turn motor limit in ROAR road racing, but wasn't sure it was ever implemented. My most recent copy of the ROAR rules seems to still have the 10 turn limit in it... however there was/is that controversial appendage to the ROAR rules that allows brushless motors to compete directly with brushe motors, and I'm not entirely clear how that fits in... or more importantly how it effected those who showed up at that last ROAR national event with brushed motors.

If I have any bias myself, here's where it comes from. I've been lead to belive by other RC racers that the LRP brushless product is not really capable of out proforming a brushed motor in Touring Car situations at this time. But then in 12th scale, where efficency plays a bigger role then it does in 10th scale TC, the brushless product is more competitive.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with admiting your bias, in fact it's comendable. I just used your own admission as a starting point for my comments...

Anyway... I really don't mean to be, or sound agressive, disrespectfull, or any other negitive way... Having said that... your most recent comment sounds a little bit more deffensive then nessasary, but your comment about me sounding 'agressive' does sort of explain why. Either way, I have no disrespect for you or what your saying. I'm only trying to understand things for myself, and possibly help others to understand things a bit better as well.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:23 AM
Tech Adept

Hobbipro...

THe current ROAR rules can be found here...

http://www.roarracing.com/rules/index.htm

Be sure to scroll to the bottom of that page, where the rules 'additions and corrections' are listed. (as well as the link to the rest of the rule book)

In short... it does say there is no longer a 10 turn limit in Modified TC... It also makes clear sensor or sensorless brushless motors are permited....
Old 05-11-2005, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

@DynoMoHum: ok, that's fine. That does sound much better. No hard feelings here...

It's of course fine to even place critics or negative comments, probably I'm just to picky...
Certainly doesn't help either that English isn't my native language.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Adept

Not a problem... and quite frankly your english is quite good. Possibly better then mine, and it is my native language.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:08 AM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by taz5176
hi
i oso hv a uforce. it isnt legal? why?
The Schulze U-Force 75 is legal. It's the motors that you'd typically run with that controller that are illegal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.