Tech Legend

theisgroup,

The Spektrum has issue`s .....

just run with Spektrum ...
Time your laps .....

then run with out ....

Time your laps.....

At our track we have done just this ..
Not just with one racer`s but with a few...

They improved their lap times by 3/10th`s a lap, without the Spektrum....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:45 AM   #317
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i have done what you said. I disagree that the spektrum has issue. I have to agree that the spektrum has issues with the lrp/reedy setup. that is why it is in this thread that I posted.

in my stock car with the keyence speed controller with the helios, I did not have a problem. I did nto have a lag. it worked flawless. I have had not complaints. but when I went to lrp for my brushless, I was concerned. and rightly so, it gave me problems. now I did not try and switch my helios back from ahrs to hrs or even 3 ch mode, that may have helped, but again. it worked great in my stock cars. so there is some problem with the combination os stuff I had in my mod car.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:59 AM   #318
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

As with any competitive hobby there are going to be arguments regarding which is better/faster/more reliable. Hopefully these can be constructive but this one has gotten out of hand.
Speedmunkey, your quote: "Oh, and I have many violent thoughts.. Be thankful I don't act on them very often and that you aren't local to me.."
is a threat of physical violence and in only 9 posts you have violated most of the posting rules on this site (you didn't help this much Stealth). You should be kicked off the forum for this.
If you want to show everybody that you are a grown up and can contribute you should at least apologize for not taking these personal comments to pm or email. We don't need to read this silly conversation.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:22 AM   #319
Tech Adept

Davidka hit the nail on the head on this one! Speedmunkey, your waaay out of line! Making threats of violence!?! What's up with that!? It seems you only joined to cause more trouble than good. Not to mention the foul and offensive language you have been using. It really doesn't say much about you as there are better ways to argue your point. I think you have taken this thing too personally. I hope both you and Stealth can end this nonesence and get back to the topic at hand.

So ANYWAY.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone77
I'm now running the GTB w/ 6.5 and it's great. No problems at all.

The Sphere/NEO wasn't remotely ready for retail release, especially gauging by how widespread the problems have been.

I would have to agree with TBone77 on this one... It was posted on the off-road LRP thread. Now I know there are a bunch of you that think everything is just fine... but maybe a hurried release is what caused a number of the problems that have been experienced? I heard someone at the track say LRP was very delayed in their release because of a cogging issue?! Anyone know anything about that? Anyway, with Novak's high end Brushless release looming... they may have been forced to release the Sphere and NeoOne in a rush to try and grab market share?! Any thoughts or comments?
TEAM-AE-4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:34 AM   #320
Tech Champion

The LRP product is imported, they must have had to wait until there was enough product in the US to sell/service them before release. There will be issues with new stuff for sure. I think what Associated needs to realize is that their first year in the market will make or break their future in the brushless market.
The two Sphere/Neo's I've seen run were both good. I have the Novak GTB's because the price was better and Novak's service has a better reputation. I am very happy with my Novaks so far. I could certainly do without the big power cap on the Novak but I guess there is no practical way around it.
I have been running my GTB 6.5 with no fan from the get go in offroad and the temps have been below the recomended temps. Touring cars are much tougher on them though.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:57 PM   #321
Tech Addict

Guys, you definitely need to calm down a bit!

There's absolutely no reason for a "war of words" here, at the end we all have the same passion for this hobby/sport and certainly this thread isn't the best example of users helping eachother recently...

I did not comment anything by a good reason, if the bashing continues like that and this thread doesn't change I'm certainly not willing to answer/comment anything on behalf of LRP. I'm pretty sure you'll understand this philosophy so "please", stop the fighting! Thanks

Reto Koenig
LRP electronic GmbH
Old 10-25-2005, 02:03 PM   #322
Tech Master

Oops. Wrong thread
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:41 PM   #323
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

burito, Davidka, & TEAM-AE-4-EVER - You are all correct. Obviously nothing positive will really come out of this feud of words... especially now that someone's buttons have been severely pressed so as to lose control.... and have "many violent thoughts". Well, there really is no need to waste any more time on his opinions and weak arguments. It's useless trying to discuss/debate anything with someone so infantile. Thanks for your concern with regards to this thread as there really are more enjoyable topics to be mentioned with regards to LRP and Brushless Technology. Peace!

Wild Cherry - Yup, no fuss here! Thanks for the comments on one of your last posts and I wholeheartedly agree with you with regards to Brushless being probably the best thing since the move to ESCs. As I posted earlier... I want to see both LRP and Novak succeed in spreading this technology to the masses and having it become more mainstream at both On-Road and Off-Road tracks. If it seemed like I was "bashing" the Sphere and the Neo-One... it really was not my point. Obviously its working like a dream for many of you. I was just trying to stress that there are legitimate reports with regards to the "issues" that have been mentioned and that maybe some of them might not have occurred if the Cap (and maybe the fan) had been included in the package. After paying about $250+ for it (including shipping, etc.), having it not work properly out of the box was very disappointing. To later know that a Cap might well have fixed the problem isn't a fun thing to learn either. Not only that, but even if I wanted to, I can't even buy the Cap/Fan (Part # 82500) which the User Guide recommends because it's not available?! That in a nutshell has been my frustration with regards to my experience with the Sphere and Neo-One. Yes I have a gripe about it... who wouldn't?! We all were eagerly anticipating it's release for months only for it to constantly get delayed.... remember? That there is a larger margin for manufacturing errors especially with a brand new 1.0 product... yes, no doubt. It's unfortunate but it's a fact of life. I can accept that. What I can't accept is that the product was sold with the potential of something going wrong all because of a Cap and/or fan not being included. Brushless Systems are notorious for hitting very high temperatures that currently push them to their limits... why then not take every precaution For The Customers in-order to help prevent this?! Remember too Wild Cherry that you are using your Sphere and Neo-One on 2WD which is far less demanding than Touring and 4WD Off-Road so high temperatures are probably not a problem and maybe you can even get away without the heatsink (so I have heard). I'm sure those of us who have had "issues" envy those who haven't had any... but that is life. I'm glad to hear though that it's been impressing many at your track. It will only help the migrating "Evolution" to Brushless. Just so you know... if I was pro Novak only I would have waited for the GTB and not bought the Sphere & Neo-One. I don't own a GTB but am starting to seriously consider getting one for my BJ4. If I am a "fanboy" of anything in the RC industry... well than I am guilty of being one for AE.... and I'm definitely proud of it I might add!

burito... you are probably the best one to explain and share LRP's take on all of this so that its once and for all clarified and hopefully solved. I'm sure it would be very much appreciated by all of us customers. Thanks!

BRUSHLESS FOREVER!!!

Last edited by STEALTH; 10-25-2005 at 09:55 PM.
STEALTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:05 PM   #324
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to CarlosG.

theisgroup - I bought the cap that plugs into the spektrum that sunday. When I drove the car it lockup on me going into the straightway, but the cap I got from the hobbyshop solved my problem. Try adding the cap that spektrum sells for its recievers. It might fix your problem you have when using the Sphere/Neo combo.
CarlosG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:27 PM   #325
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i was runninga receiver pack with it, so it should have done the same thing as the cap. i am sending my 2 tx modules and 3 rx back to horizon to have it checked out and re-flashed.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 06:25 AM   #326
Tech Apprentice

Stealth made it pretty clear that any serious technical discussion about the Sphere was off the table after I disputed the quotes he posted... I simply accomodated him. If that offends anyone, tough.
Speedmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:43 AM   #327
Tech Champion

Nobody is/was offended by any part of the conversation relating to the LRP/Sphere. It was the rest of the crap talk that was in no way related to the topic of the thread.
Please make your 11th post constructive or don't make it at all.

Old 10-26-2005, 08:41 AM   #328
Tech Apprentice

I disputed quotes he posted and the best he can do is make fun of how I spell my user name? Sorry, but if some retard (like that better than fucktard? yer welcome!) wants to go juvenile with the discussion, then by golly let's go... I'm a nice guy, and usually pretty helpful on the various forums I post on, but when someone decides to start with insults, I'll be the last one standing..

oh, and to comply with your request........

Now, please stick your nose into someone else's business.. You, nor anyone else, dictates how I address someone that insults me. Ban me for it? Maybe, but you'll never break me..
Speedmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 10:18 AM   #329
Tech Addict

@Speedmunkey & Co.: not that I really want to get involved, as you said it's your business...
But I think you got some comments from others the wrong way and I think you should stop it here! There's no point to be made anymore, you should simply let it. I'm sure everyone would appreciate that here in the forums. It's no longer a product related issue, it's obvious it became something personal between some of you guys and this is a shame.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:23 AM   #330
Tech Legend

Hope that hole they are digging is for burying all the insults ...

Burito !!!!

That 6 pin hall effect harness ?

When is it gona be made available ?

Also ....

If you could , give us the word when we will see another wind of the Neo be release ?

THANKS !!!
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote