R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2005, 09:57 AM   #286
Tech Apprentice
 
Speedmunkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 82
Default

rs4, as I understand it, the Neo and the Vector are the same product, just branded differently for domestic and foreign markets.
Speedmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:17 AM   #287
Tech Elite
 
STEALTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Manila & California
Posts: 3,019
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Wild Cherry - Wow! So not only do you have a problem with reading comprehension but basic arithmetic as well!?! You can only count to about two it seems. Yeah... well that's Tough!

I went a few pages back for you to prove my point since you have such difficulty understanding. Here are some short quotes from the posts that some of the LRP Sphere and Neo-One users have left for your perusal:


Somerwil - "Went Up In Smoke!"


billtc3 - "Not Sure That LRP's Claims About It's Power Are True. No Way Is It Equal To A 9-Turn!"


lonepalm4 - "Sending It Back For A Refund Or Replacement!"


TEAM-AE4-EVER - Observed A Fellow Racer's Unit When "Throttle Gave Out!"


Glowster21 & His Buddy - "Rotor Blew Apart!" (Multiple Times!)


Yippo - "Speedo Shutdown!"


TBone77 - "Throttle Cut Out Intermittently!"


pepecueva - "Overheated Every 3 Minutes!"


Fantomcat - "Can Only Go 1/3 Speed!" (In Brushless Mode!)


So you see... GEORGE... even if you do go back and count those without any problems... you will clearly find that the failure rate at least from the people posting here on RCTech is quite high. Remember that you are also using it on a 2WD... where others here are using it on Sedans and 4WD buggies... which push its limits much further than your 2WD buggy. It is why you don't even need the heatsink (so LRP says) on your kit... yet in Sedan or 4WD Buggy they recommend the heat-sink and a "cooling set"!?! Again, this was written in the user guide in very small print. This "cooling set" contains a big capacitor and a fan to protect it.... Furthermore this was not readily available when the Sphere and Neo-One were released?!?! To this day Tower, Horizon, and Stormer don't have it available?! As of today its not even on Associated's LRP Parts List! So tell me... since you seem to project you know it all.... What's Up With That!?

By the way for your Info... I do own an LRP Sphere and Neo-One. I had the Reedy Neo-One for quite some time before Tower finally sent me the Sphere ESC. I hesitated using it but didn't feel right selling it on eBay either. I stuck into my BJ4 recently and it ran for about 5 minutes and now has the same throttle type issues TBone77 was pointing out.... which is why I asked him about it on rc10b4.com. I was hoping it was a programming glitch that could be reset but nothing worked. Because I am traveling overseas it was easier to just e-mail Associated about it through their website. It took a few days and 3 attempts before I got an answer which was basically to send it in. At that point I was resigned to the fact that it was defective... I even managed to smile and laugh about it! In the end, I wasn't very surprised that this happened thanks to others who have posted on this thread and a few other forums. I am giving LRP/Associated the benefit of the doubt when they receive it for servicing. I know they usually have good customer service (my experience with them anyway) but it's a shame that a defective batch seems to have passed their quality control.... question is... how big was that batch?!



Enough Said...
STEALTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:49 AM   #288
Tech Master
 
AM03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,028
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

my sphere/neo was in my TC4... then now into my FT TC4... ive run it for countless battery packs... in practice i run till i dump the batteries... its been to hitec parking lot challenge and recently the mazda cup. i run it with the heatsink but no fans. at hitec race my car got pummeled all over the track, got hit full speed from a 10x2 into the side of the car... not one hiccup in the system, never had a thermal shutdown. its still silky smooth, and runs perfectly... just thought the thread could use another positive testimonial.

oh and its plenty fast- maybe not 8x2 fast, but then its not advertised to be at that level. at both events ive run my BL at, i've had more than enough speed to hang with my class.
__________________
Associated // Reedy // Radiopost // Integy // Parma PSE
AM03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 10:53 AM   #289
Tech Apprentice
 
Speedmunkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 82
Default

Somerwil - "Went Up In Smoke!"
A definite problem.. How was it geared?

billtc3 - "Not Sure That LRP's Claims About It's Power Are True. No Way Is It Equal To A 9-Turn!"
Personal opinion.. Ive got video of mine that'll destroy any 9t out there..

lonepalm4 - "Sending It Back For A Refund Or Replacement!"
quitters never win


TEAM-AE4-EVER - Observed A Fellow Racer's Unit When "Throttle Gave Out!"
wtf does that mean?

Glowster21 & His Buddy - "Rotor Blew Apart!" (Multiple Times!)
another definite problem, probably even covered by the warranty..

Yippo - "Speedo Shutdown!"
Did it stay shutdown? Or was it in thermal shutdown? Learn to gear correctly..

TBone77 - "Throttle Cut Out Intermittently!"
...and AE covered it under the warranty as I gather from his posts.. The customer service issue though, that's a pisser...

pepecueva - "Overheated Every 3 Minutes!"
Again, learn to gear. Mine has yet to exceed 140 and I've ran the heck out of it on 7c packs as well as 6c packs, but I know how to gear a motor..

Fantomcat - "Can Only Go 1/3 Speed!" (In Brushless Mode!)
Sounds like a radio issue to me, like it isn't calibrated to the radio properly..

The point is, none of these examples you show take into account IO (idiot operator) errors.. Most problems have their roots firmly in the person operating the product. No product is perfect, least of all version 1.0, but I've talked to far more happy Sphere users than unhappy ones.
Speedmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 11:01 AM   #290
Tech Champion
 
Davidka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 9,937
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

There are no I.O. issues with the Novak GTB that I have heard of. Could also be that the LRP is too delicate to tollerate racers? It's a shame that the rep of this new system is getting trashed on here becuse they have one big advantage over the Novak- no big (huge) power cap.
__________________
"I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head."

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 11:35 AM   #291
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 902
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Davidka: "It's a shame that the rep of this new system is getting trashed on here becuse they have one big advantage over the Novak- no big (huge) power cap."

Could that be why they're having more problems?

It's still early days, don't worry the teething probs will be ironed out. Just wait till the competition come out with their new systems...
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:11 PM   #292
Tech Elite
 
STEALTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Manila & California
Posts: 3,019
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedmunkey
The point is, none of these examples you show take into account IO (idiot operator) errors.. Most problems have their roots firmly in the person operating the product. No product is perfect, least of all version 1.0, but I've talked to far more happy Sphere users than unhappy ones.

Speedmunkey - If you want to call the users who have had problems idiots then go right ahead. All it does is show your character and level of ignorance. Go back a few pages and READ the actual posts of these users thoroughly and maybe you will start thinking before typing. No one said the technology or the system was crap. All that is being pointed out is that a number of them have had frustrating issues. Why hasn't anyone from LRP come on here to clarify why some of these issues might be happening or admit to some defects like Novak did a few years ago with the Super Sport Brushless & Spektrum did with their new 2.4Ghz system? CharlieS. from Novak is almost always on the ball when it comes to Novak products. John Adams did the same for Spektrum. Why too would a system that could very well need a Capacitor and Fan be sold without one (when their chief rival includes it)..... or at the very least they could sell this recommended Cooling Set at the same time the Sphere and Neo-One were released.... which maybe could even have helped avoid a number problematic situations during operation?! I guess that kind of common sense sounds idiotic to you as well!?!
STEALTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:28 PM   #293
Tech Apprentice
 
Katana Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 66
Default

Stealth, I think you need to calm down a bit. It's not the end of the world. You've had what.... 1, maybe 2 Sphere's? Yet you are trying to build this way out of proportion. Remember that most people don't post success stories when things work properly. There must be hundreds of people already using them successfully (I own 2 that work perfectly). Even if there are a few that have problems, LRP will take care of their customers.

It seems like your current goal is to continue to bash the Sphere. Maybe it makes you feel better, I don't know. You've said your peace, gave us your opinion on them, now it's time to let others use this thread to discuss the product.
Katana Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:35 PM   #294
Tech Apprentice
 
pepecueva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ecuador
Posts: 93
Talking speedmunkey, let me tell you the whole story....

When you use my words: "Overheated Every 3 Minutes!", as you used other threads, you should be more carefull.

But it is a good chance to finish the story....

The ESC had a thermal shutdown every three or two minutes, BUT IT WAS NOT HOT AT ALL, it just shut down in brushed and brushless mode.

I have been gearing my motors and wining races for some years now, so its kind of stupid for some guy just to say I dont know how to gear a car correctly.

I dont want to discuss much longer because I am really enjoying my GTB, that came from selling my defective Sphere to some LRP inconditional lover (he knew it was defective).

I really hope that new Sphere is better, or at least works correctly.

Anyway, I feel happy for the people who´s sphere works good, unfortunatly, I belong to a bigger group.
pepecueva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:42 PM   #295
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Katana....

Word dude.....
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 02:10 PM   #296
Tech Apprentice
 
Speedmunkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTH
Speedmunkey - If you want to call the users who have had problems idiots then go right ahead. All it does is show your character and level of ignorance. Go back a few pages and READ the actual posts of these users thoroughly and maybe you will start thinking before typing. No one said the technology or the system was crap. All that is being pointed out is that a number of them have had frustrating issues. Why hasn't anyone from LRP come on here to clarify why some of these issues might be happening or admit to some defects like Novak did a few years ago with the Super Sport Brushless & Spektrum did with their new 2.4Ghz system? CharlieS. from Novak is almost always on the ball when it comes to Novak products. John Adams did the same for Spektrum. Why too would a system that could very well need a Capacitor and Fan be sold without one (when their chief rival includes it)..... or at the very least they could sell this recommended Cooling Set at the same time the Sphere and Neo-One were released.... which maybe could even have helped avoid a number problematic situations during operation?! I guess that kind of common sense sounds idiotic to you as well!?!
1.) You need to chill, yer acting like a complete dickhead. Is it actually an act?

2.) My use of the term "IO" was simply to state that it isn't always the hardware's fault. I could go slap a 30t pinion on my Neo and it would blow up, no doubt about it.. Is that LRP's fault? Or mine for being an idiot? I daresay, that's an IO error. I don't know any of the people you listed, and frankly I could care less who they are or how advanced their knowledge is. Everyone makes mistakes. People thought I was nuts when I had very similar problems out of my SS5800, but they soon realized there really was a problem. I'm not saying there isn't a problem with the Sphere, clearly people are either having hardware problems or they aren't using it correctly. In either case, these is a problem.

3.) I don't run the fan, nor the cap, and my Sphere / Neo is undefeated on the ovals I race at, so it clearly is hauling the mail very nicely. I agree, if it needed the cap, include the thing, same for the fan. However, since some people, myself included, are running just fine without them, it sounds like a very optional item. I wouldn't want to run the fan or the cap if I could avoid it. That's weight, space and amps that would be going to waste.


pep, your overheating does indeed sound very odd. What did LRP have to say about it?
Speedmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 02:39 PM   #297
Tech Elite
 
EddieO's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,414
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Heh, even the brushless guys are fighting among themselves....

Like any new product, there will be issues.

According to a few, the thermal shutdown thing is not always due to gearing, its a flaw in the design that they are updating, so new units should not have the problem....

It's taken novak a while to get theirs right and they still have issues.....so LRP can't expect it to be perfect right away.......

And the Sphere/Neo are in the AE price list, have been for a while....


Later EddieO
__________________
www.teambrood.com
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 07:31 PM   #298
P2
Tech Fanatic
 
P2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Oahu, Hi
Posts: 865
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedmunkey
Somerwil - "Went Up In Smoke!"
A definite problem.. How was it geared?

billtc3 - "Not Sure That LRP's Claims About It's Power Are True. No Way Is It Equal To A 9-Turn!"
Personal opinion.. Ive got video of mine that'll destroy any 9t out there..

lonepalm4 - "Sending It Back For A Refund Or Replacement!"
quitters never win


TEAM-AE4-EVER - Observed A Fellow Racer's Unit When "Throttle Gave Out!"
wtf does that mean?

Glowster21 & His Buddy - "Rotor Blew Apart!" (Multiple Times!)
another definite problem, probably even covered by the warranty..

Yippo - "Speedo Shutdown!"
Did it stay shutdown? Or was it in thermal shutdown? Learn to gear correctly..

TBone77 - "Throttle Cut Out Intermittently!"
...and AE covered it under the warranty as I gather from his posts.. The customer service issue though, that's a pisser...

pepecueva - "Overheated Every 3 Minutes!"
Again, learn to gear. Mine has yet to exceed 140 and I've ran the heck out of it on 7c packs as well as 6c packs, but I know how to gear a motor..

Fantomcat - "Can Only Go 1/3 Speed!" (In Brushless Mode!)
Sounds like a radio issue to me, like it isn't calibrated to the radio properly..

The point is, none of these examples you show take into account IO (idiot operator) errors.. Most problems have their roots firmly in the person operating the product. No product is perfect, least of all version 1.0, but I've talked to far more happy Sphere users than unhappy ones.
I like this!! Set up a friends Sphere today and he was having problems with intermittent operation.....he took out his Spektrum and all his problems were solved he was runing a receiver pack too. It proves a point the not all problems are caused by the Sphere, personally my system has been great!!! And it is just as fast as my 9x2 brushed motors
__________________
TopRacingUSA | Team EPIC | Thunder Power | OD Racing
P2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 12:11 AM   #299
Tech Adept
 
TEAM-AE-4-EVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 202
Default

Wow! A lot of posting has gone on here over the last few days...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
4- ever, what problem ?

You keep on posting there`s a problem , but please infrom everyone just what that problem is ....

Dude... like it's been suggested multiple times... READ! Fortunately for you your not having problems. That is great. We are all happy for you i'm sure. Others have posted otherwise and since I actually witnessed one break down in front of me at the track plus seen the reports here... I have decided on Novak's Velocity Brushless Motor System. No regrets at all! I am very happy with it and thanks to those who warned me that the Sphere/NeoOne could be a risk.... I am now headache free! If you search in Novak's Brushless thread you will find No Problems being discussed!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedmunkey
TEAM-AE4-EVER - Observed A Fellow Racer's Unit When "Throttle Gave Out!"
wtf does that mean?

It means I was at the track when a guy I know ran halfway through his first pack and the throttle gave out for no apparent reason! No problems with steering but his 4WD kit never ran again that day no matter how often he tried resetting the ESC. He has had to send it back to AE for servicing. We thought the Spektrum could be the problem but when he got home he connected his Novak Xxtra to it and got the same results so it was not a receiver problem. He also had a Much-More fan for it so it didn't over-heat as the heatsink was cool. The new ESC was the culprit. The guy has a few Super-Sport Novak brushless motor systems so he isn't new at working on these things.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka
There are no I.O. issues with the Novak GTB that I have heard of. Could also be that the LRP is too delicate to tollerate racers? It's a shame that the rep of this new system is getting trashed on here becuse they have one big advantage over the Novak- no big (huge) power cap.

Yup! No issues with the GTB! From the looks of it... the Sphere does need a capacitor and fan in certain conditions. At least Novak covered the bases there where as LRP seems to have dropped the ball.



Quote:
Originally Posted by P2
I like this!! Set up a friends Sphere today and he was having problems with intermittent operation.....he took out his Spektrum and all his problems were solved he was runing a receiver pack too. It proves a point the not all problems are caused by the Sphere, personally my system has been great!!! And it is just as fast as my 9x2 brushed motors

Maybe he has a Spektrum transceiver that needs updating?! It's not always the receiver/transceiver as I have mentioned above but at least your friend's system is working.


One thing is for sure... I can recommend the Novak GTB without hesitation....but I can't do the same for the LRP Sphere/NeoOne until they get some of these apparent bugs worked out.
TEAM-AE-4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:45 AM   #300
Tech Legend
 
Wild Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: TRCR Modified Driver
Posts: 22,595
Default

Over 140 packs so far !!!


Still just as fast as new.....


4-ever , the Novak is a great unit , just make sure the carpet fuzz don`t stop that fan, you need to keep it kool !


Lucky me again , My Sphere don`t get hot....


Speed munkey, use a cap, it will run just a tick cooler, but mostly helps protect your baby from those pesty voltage spikes !!!
__________________
Any driver can copy a great set up, a Champion however will steal it .
If Jesus returned as a Rc car he be a Rc10 B5M
George W. Cherry

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 10-22-2005 at 10:56 AM.
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Novak Brushless Tekin mini rage Brushless 1/18 price to sell IOwNMkeG R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 05-01-2008 05:49 PM
brushless, spektrum receivers, charger, brushless losi 8 tschenck R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 04-08-2008 07:18 AM
WTT: 1/10 scale NIB car kits for Brushless RC18T or other Brushless 1/10 car Bohh R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 04-06-2008 07:26 PM
NOVAK GTB BRUSHLESS RACING ESC 2.4GHZ + 13.5 BRUSHLESS MOTOR meronr R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 01-29-2008 02:18 PM
Brushless B4 Brushless T4 Clodzilla 4 ThunderQuake truggy Ofna Lx Pro buggy pcnutz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 29 12-11-2005 01:12 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:33 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net