R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-05-2005, 12:17 PM   #16
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by ttso
That sounds great. Any idea what speed might equal to? 12~14T?

Quote:
Originally posted by burito
We say it's about equal power as a GOOD 9t modified brushed motor, with more RPM tough.
newracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:31 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I mean LRP Sphere with Novak SS5800 motor.....
ttso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 02:10 PM   #18
Exe
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Exe Send a message via Yahoo to Exe

hm...

i will have to check that for myself probably

for now on, i will drive my lehner for practice and 12 turn for race.. but not novak..
Exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 04:04 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Hi Burito:

How does the LRP brushless ESC in brushed mode perform compare to the QC2?
raceblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:01 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How big is the Sphere compaired tp the QC2?
ATXPro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:49 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
First of all, we are VERY sorry about the delays. But these were mostly out of our control due to availability of certain components and we were not willing to sell a product which isn't done according to our likes.

First batch of SPHERE speed-controls has been shipped last week, expect them to be available while I write this. Of course it will take a few weeks to fulfill all backorders but the speed-control is in full production now and shipments leave LRP every week.
The real production quantities for the motor will be sent out by end of this month, very early next month.

This is not another "guess" about the release... Again, sorry for the inconvienence but I can promise it was worth the waiting.

Many Thanks for finally answering on behalf of LRP! I sincerely hope our long wait will be over in the next few weeks!

Quote:
Originally posted by ttso
SS ESC+SS5800 is no way to be equal to 10T, not even to 19T (23T, yes, about the same). SS-Plus I don't know. But very latest one (the one haven't be released yet, again) seems very competitive since it also got good result in ROAR Carpet Nat.

ttso - The Novak Super Sport Brushless is in No Way slower than a 19T brushed motor! It's definitely not a 10T either but more like a 12T-13T Brushed Motor with extra torque. Don't worry.... Novak has their own high powered power plant in the works which is supposed to be in the 8T-9T range. I believe a prototype was used at the Carpet Nats. In any case... It's competition in the sensored brushless market at it's very Best.... which means we (the users and consumers) Win!
STEALTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 04:14 AM   #22
Tech Elite

question is can it beat the combo of a hacker 6T or 7T with a u force shulce 75 version 3 speedy?

if not..thenWHY BOTHER!!!!!???
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 04:20 AM   #23
Exe
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Exe Send a message via Yahoo to Exe

cause it's legal in racing
Exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 06:24 AM   #24
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
question is can it beat the combo of a hacker 6T or 7T with a u force shulce 75 version 3 speedy?

VenomWorldOrder
I agree with you, I have recently purchased a U-Force75 v.3 and hanging out for my next purchase a Hacker 6T.
At the moment I have to stick to my 4000Kv Brushless but in due time they wonít know what hit them.
Theses guys who are getting excited about Spere, Novak etc........bla bla havenít seen anything!!
highasakite99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 08:08 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder

IMO: Who bother anything that's not race legal??

Quote:
Originally posted by STEALTH
ttso - The Novak Super Sport Brushless is in No Way slower than a 19T brushed motor! It's definitely not a 10T either but more like a 12T-13T Brushed Motor with extra torque. Don't worry.... Novak has their own high powered power plant in the works which is supposed to be in the 8T-9T range. I believe a prototype was used at the Carpet Nats. In any case... It's competition in the sensored brushless market at it's very Best.... which means we (the users and consumers) Win!
That's what I heard too, but no matter what gear ratio I use, my SS ESC with SS5800 motor was just about the same laptime with VFS-1 with V2 end 23T motor. It does react a bit faster in lower end but high end no match to those pro racing combination.

The problem of Novak's new system: it hasn't release yet. And I really afread it will using a different motor than SS5800 motor. So as long as LRP Sphere with SS5800 motor can be in good performance against 12~14T, I will jump on right away and waiting for Reedy/LRP motor.

SS ESC with SS5800 motor is just too slow for me. And...

NO. I WON'T USE ANYTHING THAT'S NOT RACE LEGAL (PERIOD)
Old 05-06-2005, 10:55 AM   #26
Tech Addict

Lot of questions...
Please be patient in case I miss something...

@Wild Cherry: I'm sure that different winds are going to be available some day, but for the moment there's only one type coming which should pretty much cover all classes well.

@ttso: sorry, don't really understand your question about the speed of the Sphere with a N.SS5800 motor. It won't be MUCH faster then if you'd use a N.SS speedo, most of the power still comes from the motor and not the speedo. A good speedo doesn't make an average motor powerful...
And what is "ETA"?

@raceblast: performance of the Sphere and QC2 is pretty similar in brushed mode. The Sphere is slightly better in some areas, while the QC2 has an advantage in others. Don't think the difference is really noticable.

@ATXPro4: I think there are somewhere the exact dimensions at www.lrp-electronic.de, don't have these to hand right now. The Sphere is of course slightly bigger then a QC2, but still it will fit in all cars and should be the smallest Brushless speedo to date.

@Venom: Race-Legal is the issue...
Also we focused a lot on specific car-application like driveability, dragbrake, powerband, etc. And we're not short on power either... The systems you mention are not really built for cars and adapted from planes/boats, but certainly they're not bad systems either and have lots of power too.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:22 AM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Lot of questions...
@ttso: sorry, don't really understand your question about the speed of the Sphere with a N.SS5800 motor. It won't be MUCH faster then if you'd use a N.SS speedo, most of the power still comes from the motor and not the speedo. A good speedo doesn't make an average motor powerful...
And what is "ETA"?
Now I get it...

ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival (military term)
Any idea when LRP Vector brushless motor will hit street? Also, will there be a system set (Sphere ESC+Vector motor) selling with lower price in future?

Thanks lots.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:59 AM   #28
Tech Addict

Now I got it as well, learning is never over...

ETA for the Reedy Neo1 and the LRP Vector is approx. the same, whatever I posted below for the Neo1 is also the arrival for the Vector. But keep in mind that the Vector won't be available in the US, only it's "brother" the Neo1 will be...

There's no plans to release a combo in the shortrun, maybe in the future but that's too early right now.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:10 PM   #29
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Go Reto Go Reto Go!
Old 05-06-2005, 12:24 PM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Can't wait...