ROAR 2013 Asphalt On Road Nationals May 2-5 >

ROAR 2013 Asphalt On Road Nationals May 2-5

ROAR 2013 Asphalt On Road Nationals May 2-5

Old 04-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Not sure Timmy.. but WE may be older...
Originally Posted by Tim Kowal
Rick, I think he may have just called you "OLD".
Old 04-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

What about a club race on 4-28?
Old 04-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fred kellner
What about a club race on 4-28?
I believe Tim's objective was to enable the "out of towners" who would be late getting there on Thursday with some track time as well which means that 4/28 would not be beneficial to them. Plus you can't run on the Nationals layout 3 days prior to the race so if a club race is ran on Sunday, as I think it normally is, the layout has to be changed by 4/29 to satisfy the 3 day requirement.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Mr Hubbard, you are correct... We will have a club race on the 28th... and it will be on a totally different layout.

Fred can see the root of what I am trying to accomplish. The track is different day and night, so you will not be fine tuning the setup. Just running the layout and having some fun talking crap, easting pizza and enjoying the time in SoFla..

Old tires are great on our track, so it's not like you NEED to buy a new set ... and our club races are 10 bucks, as many classes as you can run for the 10...

And I forgot.... IF we get the wet stuff.. and it is decided to finish a round under the lights... the out of town people will not be out to lunch...

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
I believe Tim's objective was to enable the "out of towners" who would be late getting there on Thursday with some track time as well which means that 4/28 would not be beneficial to them. Plus you can't run on the Nationals layout 3 days prior to the race so if a club race is ran on Sunday, as I think it normally is, the layout has to be changed by 4/29 to satisfy the 3 day requirement.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

I would like to welcome new sponsors BSR and Serpent America to the team !!!

Thanks !
Old 04-05-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Tims right about the trash talking! All in good fun of course
Old 04-05-2013, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TimPotter
I posted this idea... because I wanted some feedback...

Rick, you have been around a long time, why would it be a bad idea. Thanks for your insight in advance..
Once the event has started I don't think it is fair to charge people for track time which is what you would be doing if you ran a club race. Leaving the track open for open practice would be fair to everyone.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Once the event has started I don't think it is fair to charge people for track time which is what you would be doing if you ran a club race. Leaving the track open for open practice would be fair to everyone.
+1
Old 04-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Never looked at it from that perspective. I just see an opportunity to have a good time. If people feel that way, I am open to not charging anything and just take donations. If people feel like contributing , great.. if not... no sweat. I was just trying to cover the food and some trophies...

Old 04-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

Another Fun thing we are putting together.... if your in town on Wed night, head up to Bashers indoor off road track... We will be having the "Battle at Bashers"

It's a race for anyone that is signed up at the OnRoad Nats. Sign up and Race one of Bashers SC10 rental fleet, whoever wins the class gets a cash prize...

Still working on the Kart outing...

For those of you into Basketball... we will putting together some pickup games on the courts next to the track...
Old 04-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Talk about ignorance. Food, Racing, trophies and practice time and $10 becomes an issue? LMAO. Couldn't be happier I don't race anymore. The true fun of these events is the camaraderie and time spent with friends. With regards to being fair or not, even ROAR hasn't seen fit to dissalow this..LOL!

Tim, I think its an EXCELLENT idea and I hope you go through with it.

Michael Abraria
"Butter"
Old 04-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Another Fun thing we are putting together.... if your in town on Wed night, head up to Bashers indoor off road track... We will be having the "Battle at Bashers"

It's a race for anyone that is signed up at the OnRoad Nats. Sign up and Race one of Bashers SC10 rental fleet, whoever wins the class gets a cash prize...

Still working on the Kart outing...

For those of you into Basketball... we will putting together some pickup games on the courts next to the track...
Holly crap... Mr. Potter gets the concept of promoting... Unlike the prostitution, others serve us...

Tim if you run for ROAR office you have my vote!!!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

You are at a National Event....Traveling from all over...$10.00 includes food...and racing under the lights....and still...we still have someone that would complain about $10.00. Better yet....someone gives a +1 to the comment. I've seen it all! It is true, you cannot please everyone. Unbelievable!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
You are at a National Event....Traveling from all over...$10.00 includes food...and racing under the lights....and still...we still have someone that would complain about $10.00. Better yet....someone gives a +1 to the comment. I've seen it all! It is true, you cannot please everyone. Unbelievable!
I have to say I agree with Rick. People who are racing nats (which you paid $85/class to attend), shouldnt have to pay to get "practice". I cant make this race due to school, but if I was id probably be upset. Tim listed reasons id want to practice at night (track different day/night, may have to run at night due to weather, track sounds like its different, etc). You said it yourself, you are at a national event, why have a club race at it? They dont run a 20 lap glory race at the 24H of LeMans. Just run open practice if you want people to have more track time. People may appreciate if you did that, and had a $5 cover for the pizza I do like Tim's other ideas for having a good time though, and that does make me wish finals weren't that week.

FWIW, the 2012 carpet nats ran a thursday night club race, but people who did that race were not allowed to run nats.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Will VTA be available at the club race?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.