R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-04-2005, 11:08 PM   #16
Tech Regular
 
diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 393
Default

According to one of my friends, the schottky diode that comes with the KO VFS2000 is labelled SB540...not too sure how much my LHS sell, but i would advise u to get it from electrical shops instead. I bought mine from sim lim tower in sg...50cts per piece in sgd.
diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:38 AM   #17
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,903
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by diesel
According to one of my friends, the schottky diode that comes with the KO VFS2000 is labelled SB540...not too sure how much my LHS sell, but i would advise u to get it from electrical shops instead. I bought mine from sim lim tower in sg...50cts per piece in sgd.
i couldnt get the sb540 scoti diode, but the shop told me get other and higher amp is better such as 5401, 5405. the 540 if not mistaken its a 400v 0.75amp and the 5404 i think is 400v 3amp. its pretty cheap i gues less then 50cent each.
__________________
Tamiya TB Evo 5
Spektrum DX3R 2.4Ghz, Sanwa ERG-VX, VFS-1
EngTat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 12:42 AM   #18
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,903
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

oh ya i just got the 16v 6800uf power capicitor for abt rm3. issit any brand will do? mine is maxcap. wat does it means MSR 85c?
__________________
Tamiya TB Evo 5
Spektrum DX3R 2.4Ghz, Sanwa ERG-VX, VFS-1
EngTat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 02:08 AM   #19
Tech Regular
 
diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 393
Default

Wat's the voltage and amps on the in5401 diode?
diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:23 PM   #20
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,903
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by diesel
Wat's the voltage and amps on the in5401 diode?
the shop told its 100v 3 amp...but my fren told me it should be 5 amp. i am not sure. wat do u think will higher volt helps???
__________________
Tamiya TB Evo 5
Spektrum DX3R 2.4Ghz, Sanwa ERG-VX, VFS-1
EngTat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 10:20 AM   #21
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,903
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

can anyone tell me wat the spec of ko double scoti diode???how many volt and amp.tq
__________________
Tamiya TB Evo 5
Spektrum DX3R 2.4Ghz, Sanwa ERG-VX, VFS-1
EngTat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:57 PM   #22
Tech Elite
 
PitCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Seattle Indoor Raceway
Posts: 2,129
Default

What is a SCOTI diode?????????

Beam me up Scoti.


Shottky
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 04:53 AM   #23
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by EngTat
i couldnt get the sb540 scoti diode, but the shop told me get other and higher amp is better such as 5401, 5405. the 540 if not mistaken its a 400v 0.75amp and the 5404 i think is 400v 3amp. its pretty cheap i gues less then 50cent each.
The SB540 is 5amps 40V. There also is a 530, 550 or 560 what is same amps and just different max. voltage.
Itīs just right for stock but the 540 is a little small for modified with certain ESCīs.
The big MBR 1545, MBR 2545 or even MBR 3045 are capable for much higher loads in the 15-30 amp range. Itīs something as Novak is using.
__________________
Classic RC - http://classicrc.wordpress.com/
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 10:20 AM   #24
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,903
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V12
The SB540 is 5amps 40V. There also is a 530, 550 or 560 what is same amps and just different max. voltage.
Itīs just right for stock but the 540 is a little small for modified with certain ESCīs.
The big MBR 1545, MBR 2545 or even MBR 3045 are capable for much higher loads in the 15-30 amp range. Itīs something as Novak is using.
thanks man. do u know any website that have alot of info about schotty diode?
__________________
Tamiya TB Evo 5
Spektrum DX3R 2.4Ghz, Sanwa ERG-VX, VFS-1
EngTat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:41 PM   #25
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,903
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

anyone???
__________________
Tamiya TB Evo 5
Spektrum DX3R 2.4Ghz, Sanwa ERG-VX, VFS-1
EngTat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
diode & super capacitor question nikkiesteban Electric On-Road 2 01-30-2007 11:56 PM
diode harddrive Electric On-Road 10 02-27-2006 10:40 PM
Diode dilemma......(a quick question).... Mabuchi540 Electric On-Road 1 09-18-2004 04:42 PM
Schottey Diode TRF-Powered Electric On-Road 19 05-21-2002 11:58 PM
Schottky Diode Placement Question mike_Webb Electric On-Road 17 03-27-2002 02:20 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:51 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net