R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by locked View Post
"busting his balls" because he often gives questionable advice. It's good for the entertainment factor, but rarely helpful.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #62
Tech Rookie

What do you guys think of the LRP
JefsStudioChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Now who is trolling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertcooper88 View Post
+1...The Novaks are just as fast. And they can handle the Temps! You run a D3.5 at 180 for any length of time, she's gonna blow.
That is as false of information as you can put out! The D3s and D3.5s will handle 180 degrees all day long. You will wear the rotor down over time running them that hot but the stators will handle it no problem. We had a car develop a drive line issue with a D3.5 21.5 motor and it came off the track at 225... Yes 225... No damage and still runs just as strong so go sling your miss information somewhere else!
RC America - XRay - Hudy - Maclan Racing - Xpert Servos - Schelle Racing Innovations - AKA Racing Products - DE Racing - Sticky Kicks - Sanwa
JFuel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #64
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFuel11 View Post
That is as false of information as you can put out! The D3s and D3.5s will handle 180 degrees all day long. You will wear the rotor down over time running them that hot but the stators will handle it no problem. We had a car develop a drive line issue with a D3.5 21.5 motor and it came off the track at 225... Yes 225... No damage and still runs just as strong so go sling your miss information somewhere else!
+1
I own a D3 and D3.5 and have had both of them running well over 100 deg C with no problem and still running strong
Gerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #65
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertcooper88 View Post
+1...The Novaks are just as fast. And they can handle the Temps! You run a D3.5 at 180 for any length of time, she's gonna blow.

Never tried the d3.5 but my Novak 17.5 is one of my favorite other than my thunder power 17.5 w/green rotor or blue
My best outing on carpet so far was with my Novak ballistic geared at 3.8 FDR timing at 35 temps stayed around 160-170 without a fan( just didn't install it) but so far never had a problem with the motor..
But then again the TP is faaasst and powerful just didn't get the chance to us it as much as the Novak but I will always have a Novak in my pit bag whether for backup or whatever, I will always have one
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #66
gom
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JefsStudioChris View Post
What do you guys think of the LRP
I am actually curious about the LRP too. I thought they were supposed to be good motors. But seems like people don't use them anymore.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #67
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Novak's adjustability and future tunability at a decent price are second to none....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #68
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My 2cents dont get the Shuurspeed. Mine broke without overheating and its not a sensor port issue. The stator shorted itself out after a few runs. Motor was like brand new
zzztech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #69
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Novak's adjustability and future tunability at a decent price are second to none....
Ya but running against the better guys it's kinda slow
JefsStudioChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #70
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Novak is the most expensive of all the motors, at least on amain they are and aren't as fast but are very competitive.. I have one and have no complaints
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #71
Tech Adept

Quote:
Lol. No.

You forgot to recommend to get a TC4 too.

Let me get this straight, you recommend to get a motor, with a different rotor, stator and ceramic bearings?? Sounds like a $150 investment on something that'll go slower than a Duo2.
Serpenteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #72
Suspended

Today, you can upgrade the original ballistic motors with the newest parts ! You can't do that with the original trinity brushless motors : you have to buy their newest motor in full ... D1 + D2 + D3 + D3.5(illegal) + D4 (maybe in the future) and counting..... That's more expensive in the End then my two upgraded novak upgraded stators and ceramic Bearings !!! You also can't turn your motor into a 21.5t or 13.5t or mod 4.5t !!!! Who's really expensive here ???? Trinity !!!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #73
Suspended

One ballistic = runs all the classes !!!
Trinity = illegal now and always a suspect cheater !
Others = mostly won't run all the classes !
Old 03-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #74
Tech Adept

Quote:
Today, you can upgrade the original ballistic motors with the newest parts ! You can't do that with the original trinity brushless motors : you have to buy their newest motor in full ... D1 + D2 + D3 + D3.5(illegal) + D4 (maybe in the future) and counting..... That's more expensive in the End then my two upgraded novak upgraded stators and ceramic Bearings !!! You also can't turn your motor into a 21.5t or 13.5t or mod 4.5t !!!! Who's really expensive here ???? Trinity !!!
Trinity has upgrade programs. Why even bother? Just sell your old motor and get new ones. I never stick to the same motor for more than half a season. Magnets start losing its strength(regardless of brand). Bearings need to be changed, etc.

Also, trinity does sell stators on their own. So your argument is invalid. How many Novaks saw podium in this years's Snowbirds?
Serpenteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #75
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFuel11 View Post
It is misinformation by the way and I'm not slinging it. The D3.5 CANNOT handle the temps that a Novak can, period. You got lucky with the 225, I can guarantee it wasn't 225 for long, if it had been it would have gone up. I've seen plenty of them go up in smoke at 180-190. Also, I have seen a Novak in the south Florida summer temps come off at 240 in back-to-back runs...Yes...240. You can gear them to the moon. Don't get me wrong, the. D3.5 is a great motor and it is faster than any other motor with the same FDR(for reasons why it was deemed illegal) but, you can make others run with it.