Wiki Posts
Search

World gt motor advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default World gt motor advice

I am looking to buy a 13.5 motor for my world gt car running 1s lipo. Now i can go with the normal d3.5 13.5 or other normal motors, but i see speed passion makes motors for 1s applications. Now should i go with a motor made for 1s like the speed passion or just stick with the normal motors like tekin and trinity.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm currently running a d3.5 with the 12.5 high torque rotor. I have run it with the standard 12.3 broad powerband rotor as well. Both combinations are quite quick, but I was able to gear up slightly and turn the timing down a bit with the bigger rotor. The car also seems to carry the laptimes deeper into rhe run with the HT rotor. I did add a little "roll" to the car to overcome the drag brake effect.

The Reedy and Thunderpower motors also run quite well.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Before you buy any product, check to make sure a specific motor is allowed at the track in the class you are going to run. It is not uncommon for local facilities to use varations of the established rules for specific classes (which may work best for their local racers).
Old 03-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've been using an Express D3.5 with the torque rotor in WGT and 13.5 1/12. Both around a 85mm roll out and 23* on the timing. They both are always on pace and finish very strong, around .2 drop off at the end of a run. Reedy and Revtech were always .3-.4 slower at the end of a run.