R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-01-2005, 11:58 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Nomadio recognised for innovation by Ben Franklin Tech Partners.

http://www.sep.benfranklin.org/news/050204.html

Nomadio, Inc, Philadelphia County, $250,000
Nomadio, Inc. creates proprietary technology for controlling unmanned air and ground vehicles. The BFTP/SEP funded manufacturing project will result in the development and initial launch of the Sensor System, a controller hardware platform for collecting vehicle telemetry data and exercising control over robotic devices - namely ground vehicles.
www.nomadio.net

I think I speak for many when I state that I'm proud of this company. When the Sensor is released, it's going to be nice to know that the most advanced and forward thinking radio came from the United States!

Congrats on the award Nomadio, you make us all proud.

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 12:22 AM   #2
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

YAH!
403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 12:42 AM   #3
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to micros_rock

Looks awesome IMO, but $500? Is that retail or street price?
micros_rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:10 AM   #4
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by micros_rock
Looks awesome IMO, but $500? Is that retail or street price?
It's projected retail. Street should be less.

Pretty sweet that they got recognised by such a great group though eh?!?

While it may be a little "off topic" I hadn't seen this anywhere on RCTech and thought it would be nice to point out.

Also, it could help anyone with cold feet debating about purchasing a Nomadio system.

Personally, if I can buy American and help provide American engineers and technicians with jobs, I will. So anyhow, I'm going to be buying a Nomadio Sensor, end of debate for me.

P.S. - This would be the ONLY American radio company since Kraft™ radio of the 1950s - 1970s. I mention this not as a slight towards asian manufacturers; I'm just glad to see the USA re-enter the Radio market.

-Me
Old 05-02-2005, 11:03 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Soviet,
Nimble Motorsports products, including our DART radio system, are designed and manufactured in the USA.

It's great Nomadio has gotten more venture capital funding, but I don't think it is for their ability to control R/C racing cars!
nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:46 PM   #6
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by nimble
Soviet,
Nimble Motorsports products, including our DART radio system, are designed and manufactured in the USA.

It's great Nomadio has gotten more venture capital funding, but I don't think it is for their ability to control R/C racing cars!
Nimble,

It's exceedingly immature for you to thread crap whenever someone is speaking of products that you will be competing with.

I was talking about the fact that Nomadio was recognised by a nationally renowned research fellowship. I was talking about the fact that the USA is finally going to be producing it's own competing brand of RC radio for the first time since the 1970's.

What I WASN'T talking about was any product by Nimble™ Motorsports.

You do it in the Spektrum™ threads.

You did it in the other Nomadio Sensor™ thread.

...and now your doing it here. You look like a spoiled brat whining for attention.

That behavior really makes me uninterested in any product you may have now or in the future.

-Sean Kaldahl

-Me
Old 05-02-2005, 02:35 PM   #7
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

hear, hear sean...

I've been noticing that too, I guess that's the way Nimble gets around an advertising budget :x

Don't forget his shameless plug in the Spektrum/Nomadio (race directors) thread....
Old 05-02-2005, 04:11 PM   #8
Tech Adept

Gentlemen,
I DO PAY FOR ADVERTISING ON RCTECH,
this in a small way supports your ability to bash my company. Does Nomadio or Spektrum support rctech ?
Soviet, you are posting an off-topic promotional/advertising item that falsely stated they are the ONLY USA company making a R/C Radio, when in fact, we do also. Shame on you, are you sponsored/ paid by Nomadio??
Old 05-02-2005, 04:24 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

So your saying since you pay for ad time its ok for you to get on every thread with something to say about another company?
Old 05-02-2005, 05:14 PM   #10
Tech Master

Quote:
Gentlemen,
I DO PAY FOR ADVERTISING ON RCTECH,
this in a small way supports your ability to bash my company. Does Nomadio or Spektrum support rctech ?
Soviet, you are posting an off-topic promotional/advertising item that falsely stated they are the ONLY USA company making a R/C Radio, when in fact, we do also. Shame on you, are you sponsored/ paid by Nomadio??
Jack,

I'm hardly posting a "promotional item." I posted what I did because a new company that could possibly benefit all of us in this hobby has been recognised by a nationally renowned research fellowship. A feat that they deserve to be applauded for.

It's called giving credit where credit is due.

And no, I'm not in any way paid or do I even know anyone from Nomadio, I'm simply an American citizen who is proud of ANY homegrown company that is successful in this cut-throat industry. That includes YOUR company Jack, I'm glad to see you doing well and introducing new product.

I simply take issue with the matters I previously stated in my above post.

Also, as I just re-read your post I have another point:

Just because you advertise on RCTech.net, doesn't give you ANY more license to either tout your own or detract from anothers product line. If anything, you should be held to a HIGHER standard when it comes to shamelessly promoting products here. RCTech existed before your ad-revenue and will exist after it. Keep that in mind.

-Me
Old 05-02-2005, 05:41 PM   #11
Tech Adept

Quote:
Soviet: P.S. - This would be the ONLY American radio company..
If you didn't say this, I would not have needed to post anything. We are proud to manufacturer our products in the USA, and I will not let go statements to the contrary.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:50 PM   #12
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
If you didn't say this, I would not have needed to post anything. We are proud to manufacturer our products in the USA, and I will not let go statements to the contrary.
That's great that you feel such a strong sense of national pride...But you still aren't saying why you, basically, hi-jack every thread that has something to do with a synthesized transmitter/receiver product??

The first time, I thought "great, this is really cool", now I just see it as annoying...that you plug your items on every thread you can get your hands on...If you want to plug your product, then start a Nimble Electronics Dart thread and put your advertising there...

If I went into every thread that I read and posted something about my local track, I would be abused and probably PM'ed or publically asked to stop

If you pay for advertisement, then advertise, don't hi-jack

Just my opinion.....
Old 05-02-2005, 06:57 PM   #13
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Bravo, I love my KO NOTHING even comes close

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:06 PM   #14
Tech Master

just saw a pic of the whole sensor finally...looks pretty good actually. But the helios still rules all tx.
axel is offline   Reply With Quote