R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-30-2005, 05:22 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hmm, so knowing that about my track, would you that recommended the JRX-S still recommend it?

or would the tc4 be better?(when will the FT TC4 be out? october?)

i'm back where i started...tc4, pro4, jrx-s...

if shaft is faster in tight turns, then i'm probably getting one of the two(tc4 or pro4).which one is better out of the box?
tc3blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 05:27 PM   #17
Tech Master

pro4 is the best out of the box out of all the cars now, either a belt or shaft. For what your getting the pro4 is your best bet. I would get a shaft if i were you. Less maintenence, and it sounds like your track is best suited for shaft cars. But go with what you want. i would get a jrx-s as well, great car.
axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 05:31 PM   #18
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Paul_TC4

Quote:
Originally posted by axel
[B]pro4 is the best out of the box out of all the cars now
I agree on that. The car goes together so nicely. And, you get many of the "hop-ups", that a TC4 will never include in kits. Plus, it come with all different degree caster blocks. For carpet, it's probably your best bet as of now. Although I really love my TC4.

If you said money isn't a problem, did you look into the RDX?
Paul_TC4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 06:19 PM   #19
Tech Addict

money isn't a problem right now, but like i said, i'd like to be able to get any part I want whenever I want, and my LHS doesn't have any RDX parts...

OK, i know i keep asking questions, but I just don't wanna end up with something that I don't like.

so do you think the jrx-s is clearly slower than let's say a pro4 or a tc4 on this short, twisty track?
Old 04-30-2005, 07:05 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The thing that will have the most effect on speed on the short twisty track is the driver....that being said..some cars are easier to drive than others...

At my local track...rollout with a monster is about 23mm...and lap times are in the mid-to 10s range for the A-mains...

My TC4 was dialed..but it seemed to encourage a stab-and-steer slashing style of driving..and my best lap was an 11.2...

Switching to the FK05 that allowed me to maintain more corner speed and be more agressive overall dropped me down to a 10.6...and improved my consistency...

I know the Fk05 isn't on your list....but the poitn still applies...the TC4 FELT faster....the FK05 WAS faster...and belts CAN work on tight twisty tracks...
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 07:35 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to lastplace

Join the X-Ray Nation
lastplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 07:38 PM   #22
Tech Addict

lastplace, i see you have a tc4 though
why do you recommend xray then? don't like your tc4 that much?
Old 04-30-2005, 07:47 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default If your set on a shaft car....

I would get a Pro 4 or wait for the TF TC4. If your a new driver, it is my opinion that a belted car will help you. Or, at least until you get smooth with the trigger finger. Being FAST means getting around the track smooth without hitting things and holding the best driving line. In my expirence, belted cars are easier to drive smooth. I read that the RDX has a whole lot of steering out of the box and it may be good if you run a tight track. Plus it comes in a carpet spec moldel and it has everything in the box. My 2 cents.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 07:52 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to lastplace

Yes I have a TC4, I'm the last at my local track. It's amazing to see fellow racers run their FK05's one time and take a lap or two off their best times. I soon will join the X-Ray nation.

BTW,
My TC4 is full of slop. I shim that thing all the time.
lastplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 04:06 AM   #25
Tech Regular

tc3blue: parts that are more prown to breakage or wearing are alkot easier to get, the suspension arms, c-hubs and knuckles are from the TA04 and the diff and one-way arfe from the tb02
thecrow2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 05:01 AM   #26
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up RDX

Have a good look at the Corally RDX. They make a carpet specific kit. Dual diffs, 3mm decks both upper and lower.
Pro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 07:45 AM   #27
Tech Addict

I looked at the RDX and fk05, but the thing is that I don't wanna be out of racing for a couple of days until a broken part arrives (I don't break often now, but it could happen). The other option would be to buy some of the parts prone to breaking and have spares....

So even though the RDX and the FK05 look good, I will be getting a JRX-S or a PRO4...still need to decide which one, but I narrowed it down to these two. (the PRO4 is supposed to be faster on tight, short tracks but the JRX-S might have better handling...)

Thanks a lot for your help!
Old 05-01-2005, 07:58 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You just made two contradictory statements...

The car with better handling will be faster on tight short tracks.

The point I made earlier about my track wasn't to try to convince you to buy an FK05...no matter how much I'd recomend it ....

It was to tell you NOT to fall for the belt vs/ shaft hype....a car that handles better will allow you to maintain more speed, and the new crop of belt cars are ridiculously free... (even if you can't spin the wheels forver....a test which doesn't prove much btw...)...
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 08:01 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Pro 4 is not the best car out of the box. Fk 05 is the best car out of the box. Mine is rediculously good on carpet and its box stock except a front tower and swaybar and rubberneck bumper. I wouldnt worry much about breaking an xray if you have a real bumper on it. I have been running mine for 6 weeks and havent broken a part yet. Just slightly bent a dogbone, which didnt put me out of racing. I have yet to see a good pro 4 on carpet.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 09:25 AM   #30
Tech Addict

i meant better handling in the corners

not too many people recommending me the JRX-S for this track though ....