R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I use the magic eraser sponge for my bodies. just add a bit of water and it easily takes away the stains. light, handy and cheap.

Its usually sold in computer shops as they use these to clean monitors.

alecladanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:04 AM   #17
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
A local guy uses that and it's awesome!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #18
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

In another thread, a couple guys suggested the color black hides dirt. You might want to paint your bodies black, or use as many black parts as possible.

I found it works ok for dark stains, but if you have something lighter (or orange), it might not work for you
Old 03-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Believe it or not but baby wipes works the best to remove dirt.
Takes the off-road orange clay off easy too with no rubbing.

First, use a compressor to remove big stuff.
After its clean spray wd-40 on plastic arms to look new again.
Mr RCTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:49 AM   #20
Tech Apprentice

Begin by removing the tires and body of the RC car.Use the can of compressed air to blow away any dirt or dust which may have accumulated in your RC car. This does more than just make the cleaning process easier for you.Clean your car with the toothbrush in any spots that you can reach.Use a rag or towel and a gentle soap to wash the tires and body of the car.Dampen a separate towel and go over the inside of the RC car before reattaching the body and tires.
judithangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #21
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
A few months ago, Steve Jackson showed up with one, now there are close to a dozen. they are a little noisy but convenient and effective.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #22
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I usually leave it in the storage bag and cycle my lipos every week or two. Stays super clean. Whenever I use it, I break something...
Old 03-08-2013, 03:10 AM   #23
Suspended

Instructions to Clean an RC Car
Begin by removing the tires and body of the RC car. This is the best way to clean the tires and body and also allows you to clean the inside of the car more thoroughly.

Use the can of compressed air to blow away any dirt or dust which may have accumulated in your RC car. This does more than just make the cleaning process easier for you. Using the compressed air can blow away pieces of dirt which you may have missed or been unable to reach. Be cautious when using the compressed air around your engine, though, as you don't want to cause any damage.

Clean your car with the toothbrush in any spots that you can reach. Some people just make the toothbrush damp when doing this while others actually dip it in a cleaner (Easy-Off is known for removing grease and grime). You can also leave the toothbrush dry if your goal is to simply “chip away” the dirt that may be stuck to your car.

Use a rag or towel and a gentle soap to wash the tires and body of the car. You can actually submerge these in water if you wish but it's probably not necessary in order to get the items clean. Since these are no longer attached to the RC car, you can get them wet without having to worry about causing damage to any electrical parts of the car. Make sure to completely dry them, though, before reattaching them.

Dampen a separate towel and go over the inside of the RC car before reattaching the body and tires. You may have chipped away the dirt with your toothbrush but it can still remain in the car. This towel or rag will pick up the dirt and remove it from the RC car. Be sure that the towel isn't too wet, though, as you don't want moisture to linger on the inside of the car.
benlinus is offline   Reply With Quote