R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2005, 07:19 PM   #121
Tech Elite
 
edseb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Laguna Niguel, California
Posts: 2,421
Default

I just can't get ove the way it looks. Come on, looks like a cheap conversion. With beautiful, narrow cars coming out and radical designs like the new JRXS. I'm really disappointed at this attempt. Too much competition out there for this design especially since Kyosho is coming out with a electric car. I haven't seen this car driven, but wide, ugly, blocks of aluminum for dif cases, rack steering, etc., make for a very un-innovative design.
__________________
RC Car Action Editor and Photographer
Carl Hyndman
edseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 07:24 PM   #122
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by edseb
I just can't get ove the way it looks. Come on, looks like a cheap conversion. With beautiful, narrow cars coming out and radical designs like the new JRXS. I'm really disappointed at this attempt. Too much competition out there for this design especially since Kyosho is coming out with a electric car. I haven't seen this car driven, but wide, ugly, blocks of aluminum for dif cases, rack steering, etc., make for a very un-innovative design.
There should be some testing of the Stinger in the following weeks... After it car get tested... I'm sure they will do what is needed to make it work.... But at the same time PAL should be doing a complete revamp of the design for there version... that should look very different and be 100% better for maint.
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:34 PM   #123
Tech Adept
 
FaiLip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 133
Default

I wonder if the name have anything to do with it?

Stinger (Stinker) <------> Fat, out of shape, needing a slim down...
FaiLip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 03:37 AM   #124
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up July or around that time

should be the release date for the STINGER... and it looks as if ALEX has listened.. there will be a few minor changes to the design.. I think that there will be a slight change to the gear box design ...along with the chassis being a bit more narrow. 4mm from what I have heard.. more too come as I find out more.....and on a side note.. the PAL version should more than likely be out in October
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:02 PM   #125
TC3
Tech Regular
 
TC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 319
Default

does anybody have a alex racing spring chart ?
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:27 PM   #126
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TC3
does anybody have a alex racing spring chart ?
i do but I'm at work right now ...I can post it tonite .
__________________
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:31 PM   #127
Tech Master
 
berger's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 1,149
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by TC3
does anybody have a alex racing spring chart ?
Make Rating/Colour Lbs
Alex 1.4x7.00 11.36
Alex 1.4x6.75 11.66
Alex 1.4x6.50 11.87
Alex 1.4x6.25 12.42
Rayspeed Green 13.20
Rayspeed Blue 14.29
Alex 1.4x6.00 14.39
Alex 1.4x5.75 14.65
Alex 1.5x7.00 14.76
Rayspeed Yellow 14.87
Alex 1.5x6.75 15.50
Alex 1.4x5.50 15.69
Alex 1.5x6.50 16.39
Alex 1.5x6.25 17.09
Rayspeed White 17.17
Rayspeed Red 18.26
Alex 1.5x6.00 18.52
Alex 1.5x5.75 19.32
Rayspeed Grey 19.90
Alex 1.5x5.50 21.05
Alex 1.5x5.25 21.58
Alex 1.5x5.00 23.81
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:35 PM   #128
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,800
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Ya mike........ You Beat to it





Quote:
[i]Originally posted by berger [/i
Make Rating/Colour Lbs
Alex 1.4x7.00 11.36
Alex 1.4x6.75 11.66
Alex 1.4x6.50 11.87
Alex 1.4x6.25 12.42
Rayspeed Green 13.20
Rayspeed Blue 14.29
Alex 1.4x6.00 14.39
Alex 1.4x5.75 14.65
Alex 1.5x7.00 14.76
Rayspeed Yellow 14.87
Alex 1.5x6.75 15.50
Alex 1.4x5.50 15.69
Alex 1.5x6.50 16.39
Alex 1.5x6.25 17.09
Rayspeed White 17.17
Rayspeed Red 18.26
Alex 1.5x6.00 18.52
Alex 1.5x5.75 19.32
Rayspeed Grey 19.90
Alex 1.5x5.50 21.05
Alex 1.5x5.25 21.58
Alex 1.5x5.00 23.81
__________________
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 04:11 PM   #129
Tech Adept
 
FaiLip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 133
Default Re: July or around that time

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
should be the release date for the STINGER... and it looks as if ALEX has listened.. there will be a few minor changes to the design.. I think that there will be a slight change to the gear box design ...along with the chassis being a bit more narrow. 4mm from what I have heard.. more too come as I find out more.....and on a side note.. the PAL version should more than likely be out in October
-Dave
Modification to the bulkhead... that sound promising... Hope they make it a top and bottom split instead side to side split would be good... Last thing we want is a hard to maintain car.
FaiLip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 02:13 PM   #130
Tech Regular
 
Gazza_D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bath, England
Posts: 327
Send a message via Yahoo to Gazza_D
Default

From what I've been hearing, the car is/ will be very light no suprise there then

Should be a few more pictures out soon........

and those bulkheads are anything but bulky, only about 1mm thick and very trick. Could do with a wee tweak here and there to get them out of ugly duckling territory. But if a car really works, we wont care how good it looks, you wont be able to see when it whizzes by...especially with a shell on anyway.

Believe some well known visitors to the Alex threads will have seen the pictures by now.... thanks T!!
Gazza_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:04 PM   #131
Tech Adept
 
FaiLip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 133
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Gazza_D
From what I've been hearing, the car is/ will be very light no suprise there then

Should be a few more pictures out soon........

and those bulkheads are anything but bulky, only about 1mm thick and very trick. Could do with a wee tweak here and there to get them out of ugly duckling territory. But if a car really works, we wont care how good it looks, you wont be able to see when it whizzes by...especially with a shell on anyway.

Believe some well known visitors to the Alex threads will have seen the pictures by now.... thanks T!!
1mm.... gosh that's next to nothing.

Pictures??? more pictures??? where???

I have to disagree... a good looking chassis is quite important too...
FaiLip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:54 PM   #132
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by FaiLip
1mm.... gosh that's next to nothing.

Pictures??? more pictures??? where???

I have to disagree... a good looking chassis is quite important too...
if you don"t like the way it looks... ... Right now I'm having good luck with my TC4 and that thing is the nost Fugly looking car that I have owned... but its a fast hunk of junk ..... I really hope that testing goes well with the stinger here in then next couple of weeks ...
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:55 PM   #133
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

We saw more pictures of the Stinger, and the more I look at it, the more interesting it becomes. The gear box is very thin so it shouldn't weigh much at all, but I do agree there could be some machining done to it just to make it look better. Suspension geometry wise I think the Stinger is an improvement. We also saw a shot of the motormount/rear brace, which spans across the entire rear width of the chassis. Also notice how low the center shaft is and how low the over CG of the entire car is

Hopefully the production model will look better, but I think the subtle changes made to the stinger should make it quite the performer

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 07:02 PM   #134
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
We saw more pictures of the Stinger, and the more I look at it, the more interesting it becomes. The gear box is very thin so it shouldn't weigh much at all, but I do agree there could be some machining done to it just to make it look better. Suspension geometry wise I think the Stinger is an improvement. We also saw a shot of the motormount/rear brace, which spans across the entire rear width of the chassis. Also notice how low the center shaft is and how low the over CG of the entire car is

Hopefully the production model will look better, but I think the subtle changes made to the stinger should make it quite the performer

Steve Wang
I have some more info about this car Steve that I will talk too you about at the Reedy Race
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 08:23 PM   #135
Tech Adept
 
FaiLip's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 133
Default

Please keep us posted on any result as I am stilling tossing the coin as to whether to get the R3CE or the Stinger
FaiLip is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alex Racing Stinger dhiracing.com R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 05-09-2006 03:19 AM
Alex Racing Stinger review?? ezzydizzy Electric On-Road 1 03-13-2006 10:17 AM
Wanted Alex Racing Stinger tim fry R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 01-12-2006 01:26 PM
Tamiya TB Evo3/4 vs. Alex Racing Barracuda/Stinger vs. AE TC3/TC4 vs. HPI Pro4/2005 Nicadrauspro4 Electric On-Road 1 10-28-2005 05:29 AM
44.Shizuoka Hobby Show (TA-05, Alex Stinger, TT-01R, ABC Hobby Genetto etc) chaini Electric On-Road 2 05-13-2005 02:59 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:19 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net