Search
Like Tree2Likes

Alex Racing Stinger

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 03:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Talking OK

It`s all built up..... pics will be up soon...( I know I know I take a while ).. anyways....1st things 1st... this car is kind of heavy... but this is in standard form...( no options ) 1550grams and this is with the following stuff
Futaba 9550 servo
KOVFS-1
KO 302 receiver
IB 3800 cells
Mazda 6
Transponder
After the shakedown run will add options parts...but more than likely I might be able to get the weight down to around 1515~1525 ish...
The main weight issue with the Stinger is the new Bulkheads.. and the steel rear diff...everything else is very light weight.... So more than likely the PAL version of the Stinger will be fairly under weight.. due to the light weight bulkheads that minght be one piece and designed very similar to the LCG bulkheads
...well off to finish off they final touches on the car....more later

-Dave
Old 08-11-2005, 03:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
It`s all built up..... pics will be up soon...( I know I know I take a while ).. anyways....1st things 1st... this car is kind of heavy... but this is in standard form...( no options ) 1550grams and this is with the following stuff
Futaba 9550 servo
KOVFS-1
KO 302 receiver
IB 3800 cells
Mazda 6
After the shakedown run will add options parts...but more than likely I might be able to get the weight down to around 1515~1525 ish...
THe main weight issue with the Stinger is the new Bulkheads.. and the steel rear diff...everything else is very light weight.... So more than likely the PAL version of the Stinger will be fairly under weight.. due to the light weight bulkheads that minght be one piece and designed verysimilar to the lcg bulkheads
...well off to finish off they final touches on the car:sneaky....more later

-Dave
Good to hear you'r still hanging in there
1550g stock any idea why they put a steel diff in the rear ? Guess alu would be much better ??

Well .. looking forward to hear how i drives and to see some pics.

Claus-
Old 08-11-2005, 04:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by stjerno
Good to hear you'r still hanging in there
1550g stock any idea why they put a steel diff in the rear ? Guess alu would be much better ??

Well .. looking forward to hear how i drives and to see some pics.

Claus-
THe stock weight is not surprising to me..due to the fact that the bulkheads are all solid alloy... but the diff is kind of heavy... ALEX wanted to use this type off diff due to the fact that it would hold up better to mod motors and wouldn`t break of flex in a crash like the Barracuda durlin one... But on the PAL version there will be a ALLOY diff with the durlin blades...

-Dave
Old 08-12-2005, 01:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Futaba 9550 servo
KOVFS-1
KO 302 receiver
IB 3800 cells
Mazda 6
Transponder
The main weight issue with the Stinger is the new Bulkheads.. and the steel rear diff...everything else is very light weight.... So more than likely the PAL version of the Stinger will be fairly under weight.. due to the light weight bulkheads that minght be one piece and designed very similar to the LCG bulkheads
...well off to finish off they final touches on the car....more later

-Dave
Hey Dave! Can't wait to see pics of your stinger!!! Weight is 1550 without the motor and tires?..
Old 08-12-2005, 04:19 AM
Tech Adept

Dave you are the man. Sound like the Stinger is the solid car that we have expected it to be, beefy... maybe a touch over weight, but nothing a few hop ups won't fix, get us some pic soon won't you. Looking forward to getting mine later this month...
Old 08-12-2005, 09:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by XTREMERCHOBBIES
Hey Dave! Can't wait to see pics of your stinger!!! Weight is 1550 without the motor and tires?..
i hope not
Old 08-13-2005, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

Dave ... what colour is your Stinger? are the diff bulkheads still as on Alex website? not sure but i think we were told they will be different in the production version Photos photos PLEASE and THANKS
Old 08-13-2005, 11:51 PM
Tech Champion

Talking Here it is

Sorry I haven`t been able to post pic`s sooner.. but I have been busy testing out the Stinger!!..and all I can say is athat ALEX has done there homework.. this car ROCKS!!.. it almost handles like a belt car...sounds weired.. but it does..and also after adding a few Option parts I was able to get the weight down to 1505grams...most of the weight on the stinger comes from the Steel diff..PAL will be making a Alloy version in the future..

-Dave
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Stinger-picture.jpg   Alex Racing Stinger-picture-001.jpg   Alex Racing Stinger-picture-002.jpg   Alex Racing Stinger-picture-003.jpg   Alex Racing Stinger-picture-004.jpg  

Old 08-13-2005, 11:56 PM
Tech Champion

Talking Here it is

Sorry I haven`t been able to post pic`s sooner.. but I have been busy testing out the Stinger!!..and all I can say is athat ALEX has done there homework.. this car ROCKS!!.. it almost handles like a belt car...sounds weired.. but it does..and also after adding a few Option parts I was able to get the weight down to 1505grams...most of the weight on the stinger comes from the Steel diff..PAL will be making a Alloy version in the future..

-Dave
Old 08-14-2005, 12:11 AM
Tech Champion

Default ..

Here it is
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Stinger-picture.jpg  
Old 08-14-2005, 12:17 AM
Tech Champion

Here it is
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Stinger-picture-001.jpg   Alex Racing Stinger-picture-002.jpg  
Old 08-14-2005, 12:22 AM
Tech Champion

Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Stinger-picture-003.jpg   Alex Racing Stinger-picture-004.jpg  
Old 08-14-2005, 12:25 AM
Tech Champion

Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Stinger-picture-005.jpg   Alex Racing Stinger-picture-006.jpg  
Old 08-14-2005, 12:30 AM
Tech Champion

Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Stinger-picture-007.jpg   Alex Racing Stinger-picture-008.jpg   Alex Racing Stinger-picture-009.jpg  
Old 08-14-2005, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Nice pics Dave but it would of been nice to see a few of it during the building process So we can see inside the diff covers and that central backbone on the chassis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.