Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR is now accepting bids to host the 2014 IFMAR 1/10 Electric On-Road World

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Everyone who is reading this needs to let their ROAR regional director or Exec committee member know WE WANT THE WORLDS.....those in other countries that want to come play with toy cars in the USA should let their governing Block know and hopefully smooth any potential bumps in the road to the ROAR getting it back.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Even if Worlds was in the US next year, weren't asphalt nats the last chance to qualify? If not how would we qualify?
Old 05-08-2013, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R Doyel
Even if Worlds was in the US next year, weren't asphalt nats the last chance to qualify? If not how would we qualify?
First things First Get the Worlds back....if we don't get it and you choose not to go fine, if we do get it and you can't qualify at least you in the same boat as before of not attending, but maybe the North Americans can get home field advantage and some of the talent that has a risen in the last 5 years can get a Win. That might also inject some interest back into on-road racing.....look at what Lance did for Bike Racing in the US
Old 05-08-2013, 07:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

You send a racing resume to ROAR and they send you an entry form.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This is going to sound harsh but my answer that is...too bad so sad! I think it's a shame that if someone was thinking about going to the Nats to only "qualify for the worlds" and then decided to not go do to ROAR passing on it. Why didn't you (not you directly RDoyel but if the shoe fits...) go to begin with just for the experience alone and in the interest of supporting our sport?!?!?
Old 05-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
This is going to sound harsh but my answer that is...too bad so sad! I think it's a shame that if someone was thinking about going to the Nats to only "qualify for the worlds" and then decided to not go do to ROAR passing on it. Why didn't you (not you directly RDoyel but if the shoe fits...) go to begin with just for the experience alone and in the interest of supporting our sport?!?!?
Wow!! A bit sensitive? The reason I didn't go to nats is that I'm not near competitive enough to spend that kind of dough to travel to the far opposite side of the country. I have kids, and all of my extra money is going towards the Reedy. Even if worlds is held in the US next year, I wouldn't qualify. It was merely a question.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The most important thing right now is to get the race back to the United States! Everything else is secondary right now until we get an answer back on this. Having the event in the U.S. would do alot for the sport.

It is pretty Amazing how everything went down today. Last night at this time we had lost our nice facility! Because of Tim's continued pressure on the parks system and the way the Asphalt Nats turned out, we got the "OK" to keep it. That happened at 10:00 this morning. At 1:00 I setup a meeting with the parks director to discuss this possibility of hosting the Worlds here, the meeting went great and we got the go ahead to host it among other improvements we want to make to the facility.

We can host the race here, no problems at all on our end. Now it is up to the Powers that be to bring this back to the U.S. as originally planned. If we can get this race back here, I can guarantee it will be a Top Notch event! The right people are working to get this done, lets see if they will be allowed to save it!
Old 05-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sucks that Fastlane in KC area covered their asphalt with dirt. It may have been an option with some work. The reality is for anyone disappointed is that onroad as a whole in the US is way down. This means no tracks are gonna invest in that type of racing. Sure there are pockets of onroad racing here and there. But the requirement of carpet AND asphalt is a rarity especially maintaining both for the required period of time to be "Awarded" (or Penalized).... One of the best options would have been the Lincoln/Omaha thing. It's sad that Roar couldn't front the fees or loan to cover the cost and provide the Roar management team for an event like this.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is awesome news lets hope.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:03 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I just spoke with a friend that spoke on the phone with Steve Mruk last night (ROAR President). He said he (steve) is not interested in trying to make the worlds come to Florida. We (USA) had our chance and passed it over and its too late now. He didnt seem to want to discuss it any further.

This is what we have to look forward to for 2 more years....a disinterested regime.

People can say what they want but Dawn did more good for RC in her terms than any of these other people combined.

EA
Old 05-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I just spoke with a friend that spoke on the phone with Steve Mruk last night (ROAR President). He said he (steve) is not interested in trying to make the worlds come to Florida. We (USA) had our chance and passed it over and its too late now. He didnt seem to want to discuss it any further.

This is what we have to look forward to for 2 more years....a disinterested regime.

People can say what they want but Dawn did more good for RC in her terms than any of these other people combined.

EA
If it's too late it's too late. Interest has nothing to do with it. IFMAR is the one that would have to relent, not ROAR.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by wingracer
If it's too late it's too late. Interest has nothing to do with it. IFMAR is the one that would have to relent, not ROAR.
My point was that he didnt even want to ask about it. That is being not interested.

Im not a f'ing idiot....I know if its too late its to late. but he could have at least said "yes I will get with the EXCOM and IFMAR and at least try".

EA
Old 05-09-2013, 09:14 AM

My point was that he didnt even want to ask about it. That is being not interested.

Im not a f'ing idiot....I know if its too late its to late. but he could have at least said "yes I will get with the EXCOM and IFMAR and at least try".

EA
Exactly
Old 05-09-2013, 09:17 AM
Team EAM

Lets not even talk about him not answer emails for weeks...if ever. I know of about 6 people that emailed him last week about Andrew Knap racing stock at the Nationals...Zero response. Someone finally did get a hold of him on the phone and he told them that he wasnt at the race, would call them at the track, get confirmation, explain the rule and have it fixed and call them back. That was 2 days in a row the two spoke on the phone. Nothing ever happened at all.

You would think with one of the ROAR Nationals being held he would be a little more apt to do his voluntary job correctly... Guess its too much to ask though.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Lord

EA
I never called you an idiot nor threw out disguised F bombs. But here is the bottom line.

It has been nearly a full month since the deadline passed and ROAR declined the bid, handing it back to IFMAR. Do you really think IFMAR has been sitting around going "oh well, we will just wait a month or so and see what happens"? No, they have made other plans. They may not have announced anything yet but they have made plans. Perhaps he was so short in his answer because he has been talking to IFMAR the whole time and repeatedly told to F off. Not to mention all the flack they are taking from their own members over this.

People are always quick to blame ROAR for everything. Admittedly, it is sometimes deserved but not always. In this case, IFMAR is the main problem. Their facility requirements for this particular race are ridiculous. How many tracks are there IN THE ENTIRE WORLD that have the facilities, money, manpower and desire (it takes all four, three out of four wont fly with IFMAR) to run this race? My guess would be 10 at most.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.