Originally Posted by R Doyel View Post
I should be ready by then
JiuHaWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #122
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred kellner View Post
I was going to attend the asphalt nationals happening this weekend so I could qualify for the the worlds. Waiting paitiently for 10 years and my last worlds and ROAR cancels them. I am done with roar and everyone else should be as well. I can tell you this would not have happened if Mike Reedy was still here. Now roar is run by a bunch of clowns who get 10 votes because nobody cares. Too bad because the US has a lot of great racers who would have had home court advantage.
I understand your frustration but ROAR cannot force someone to hold the event. If no one steps forward to host it with proper facilities to meet IFMAR's requirements, then there is nothing they can do. Even if ROAR would put up the bond, would any tracks still be able AND willing to do it? Maybe, maybe not.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If we start now, maybe Seattle RC Racers will be ready in time. TC at the future North SeaTac racing center, and 12th at Hangar 30. Maybe I'll even have some mod skills by then.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #124
Tech Master

Send a message via Skype™ to JordanC

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Doyel View Post
Come to the Reedy race next month, in California!!
I would love to, unfortunately my wife is spitting out another kid mid June... Pretty sure she would kill me
JordanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:57 PM   #125
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by evochick View Post
I think we would be in the same situation as ROAR, all our clubs are all volunteer funded, i think all of them would struggle to find a financial backer.

We have 2 great tracks here in Sydney that could hold it for 10th, 1 has already held a IC worlds, and the other one a Femca round. but we dont have a 12th scale venue unless you move it to tarmac,

Beth.
Hi Beth,

This statement is incorrect. We are building a 5 roll custom track on CRC carpet for a 1 off event in Melbourne early July. This alone should be proof enough that we can cater this type of event.

Either way it's not back with us for a few years. I really hope the US can get the Sh$t together for this!

Jordan
Old 05-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #126
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Which is complete crap in all honesty. How many times were the 12th scale worlds held on gigantic asphalt tracks to accommodate the sedans? It's ridiculous what IFMAR expects as far as dimensions for a WC track.
FYI, there are NO dimensional requirements in the IFMAR rule book as to the size of either 1/12th or Touring Car tracks. The last two Worlds were a complete contrast - Germany in 2010 on a very small track, Netherlands 2012 on a medium-large track.

Often the outdoor tracks chosen are larger ones, because they have all the neccessary infrastructure to go along with the track - pitting space for 150, large area for tech, media facilities, additional space for sponsors etc etc.

In Europe, almost every track is a club facility - they've been built by years of saving from club members, collecting race fees and occasional sponsorships etc, to enable them to build a track and facility.

Of course, hosting a Worlds is a massive task, and something that takes a lot of planning. From what I've seen and heard, the most successful events are those where a host track works closely with their National organisation AND their Block in order to draw on all the neccessary expertise, experience, and have enough man power to actually make the whole event work.

The upshot of ROAR rejecting the Worlds is that Asia/Australia now have about 6 months to put an event together, so the venue etc can be approved by the end of 2013.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:51 AM   #127
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigger Brother View Post
FYI, there are NO dimensional requirements in the IFMAR rule book as to the size of either 1/12th or Touring Car tracks. The last two Worlds were a complete contrast - Germany in 2010 on a very small track, Netherlands 2012 on a medium-large track.

Often the outdoor tracks chosen are larger ones, because they have all the neccessary infrastructure to go along with the track - pitting space for 150, large area for tech, media facilities, additional space for sponsors etc etc.

In Europe, almost every track is a club facility - they've been built by years of saving from club members, collecting race fees and occasional sponsorships etc, to enable them to build a track and facility.

Of course, hosting a Worlds is a massive task, and something that takes a lot of planning. From what I've seen and heard, the most successful events are those where a host track works closely with their National organisation AND their Block in order to draw on all the neccessary expertise, experience, and have enough man power to actually make the whole event work.

The upshot of ROAR rejecting the Worlds is that Asia/Australia now have about 6 months to put an event together, so the venue etc can be approved by the end of 2013.
Reading a few pages back I thought it was efra was going to get it?
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:48 AM   #128
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigger Brother View Post

Just how small was the track in Germany?

There are MANY hotels and convention centers in this country that could host an event featuring a 140' x 60' carpet track, and all the necessary space for pitting and sponsors. They would not be cheap, but I feel the sanctioning body and the industry could step up and help fund the WORLDS. It is the most prestigious event in our hobby/sport, so it would seem to be in the best interest of the ROAR and the manufacturers (especially those based in the US) to get together and make it happen.

I think the bigger issue in this country, as other have mentioned, is a lack of volunteer manpower to put on such a lengthy production. Two weeks is a bit much to expect club racers to take from their jobs/lives.

Logistically, it seems nearly impossible for the Worlds to be held here this time around, and it's really a shame.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #129
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Just had a thought. Why not have two TC worlds, one every year? One year, you have an asphalt worlds held in conjunction with the nitro TC worlds. The next year have a carpet worlds held in conjunction with 1/12th. Then you don't have to worry about two separate venues.
Sean, this is just too good an idea to work. Wingracer for ROAR president!
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #130
Tech Master

Quote:
WC 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2jdiw2XUtM
Old 05-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #131
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Sean, this is just too good an idea to work. Wingracer for ROAR president!
+1, for commonsense or any sense at all!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:51 AM   #132
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The nitro guys would get all bent out of shape if they saw electric sedans on rubber tires going faster than them...
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #133
Tech Master

Quote:

There are MANY hotels and convention centers in this country that could host an event featuring a 140' x 60' carpet track, and all the necessary space for pitting and sponsors. They would not be cheap, but I feel the sanctioning body and the industry could step up and help fund the WORLDS. It is the most prestigious event in our hobby/sport, so it would seem to be in the best interest of the ROAR and the manufacturers (especially those based in the US) to get together and make it happen.

I think the bigger issue in this country, as other have mentioned, is a lack of volunteer manpower to put on such a lengthy production. Two weeks is a bit much to expect club racers to take from their jobs/lives.

Logistically, it seems nearly impossible for the Worlds to be held here this time around, and it's really a shame.
I was at the 2010 worlds and it was SMALL..... If I recall the quickest laps were around 12.5 seconds.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #134
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcone View Post
Reading a few pages back I thought it was efra was going to get it?
I thought the same this Keef. Honestly if Australia can get it someone better let FEMCA know so planning can begin. I know we have facilities / volunteers to make it happen.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #135
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I cant believe my eyes while reading this. I have been planing trip to USA for WC since the end of WC in Holland. To be honest i cant find a good explanation that in a such huge country there is not even a one club that would organize this event. What more there are so many big companies that should stand up to support organizers like Trinity, Novak, Tekin, Jaco , Proline, Associated.
Reasons such like "there is no club with both indoor and outdoor track" is not an explanation. European clubs also dont have indoor tracks. All WC in Europe have been held on the local Basketball or Volleyball gym in closest high school.

USA is bigger than whole European continent , you can make such grate races like IIC or Snowbirds , this is not different.
blazeblazucki is offline   Reply With Quote