R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #76
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

http://www.roarracing.com/?p=1982

Its a shame that the US doesnt have a facility for this and the requirements of IFMAR pretty much seem ridiculous for most facilities.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:36 AM   #77
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,719
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
http://www.roarracing.com/?p=1982

Its a shame that the US doesnt have a facility for this and the requirements of IFMAR pretty much seem ridiculous for most facilities.

EA
What an effing shame!!! Who to blame?!?!?!
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:26 AM   #78
Tech Champion
 
hanulec's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 8,559
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

I'm a bit disappointed to hear this too (this news has taken a bit of my drive to run modified away). I don't think most people know what IFMAR requires in a track or why the bids that where put in where not picked. I think it would be ideal if ROAR could provide that insight to everyone....
__________________
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:45 AM   #79
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Well that's a real shame... it was very cool to see the recent interest developing in the Mod classes.
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #80
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

You can go to IFMAR's site and look at the requirements for bidding on the Worlds. It requires bonds made to IFMAR up front to guarantee that you will host the event, the event will be a success and will sell out. If any of these dont happen you loose your money and if it does happen OK then you get your bonds back. It doest appear that the host makes any money on the event.

At least this is how I read it and interpret the rules. They are not very clear. If those are true its no wonder no one wants to spend the money, 2 weeks of their time, 2 weeks of volunteers time (no one gets paid) and not get a return other than "We hosted the worlds!".

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #81
Tech Addict
 
S.Stew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 660
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Why wouldn't ROAR put up the bond? Couldn't they?

This is a shame...
__________________
- Steven Stewart -
S.Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #82
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,761
Default

Pity

Ironic as every time the big meetings come to the EFRA block the BRCA representative practically begs them to give it to the UK, then the BRCA would sort out the fine print.

When South Africa got passed over the BRCA tried putting our case forward again.

Surprised that the ROAR don't find the venues, then effectively offer to run the meeting so the track owners just need some volunteers etc.

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #83
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 208
Default

Disappointing
losi888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #84
NDZ
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Holland
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
Pity

Ironic as every time the big meetings come to the EFRA block the BRCA representative practically begs them to give it to the UK, then the BRCA would sort out the fine print.

When South Africa got passed over the BRCA tried putting our case forward again.

Surprised that the ROAR don't find the venues, then effectively offer to run the meeting so the track owners just need some volunteers etc.

Skiddins
Don't underestimate the amount of volunteers needed for this kind of event. As a member of the organizing commitee of the last Worlds I know you need at least 20 people a day to make sure things run smooth. And even then, things can go wrong.

As for a budget, you need at least 100k$.

The touringcar event is, with the current tire rules, a big challenge to manage. The first day, with all the tech inspection of the cars and the tire management, didn't went well. It took us one day to figure everything out last summer.
I hope that u guys can find a host for the Worlds in 2014.
NDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #85
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Stew View Post
Why wouldn't ROAR put up the bond? Couldn't they?

This is a shame...
just a guess of course, but I wonder if they're holding some funds back in case the lawsuit with Trinity doesn't go their way?
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #86
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
just a guess of course, but I wonder if they're holding some funds back in case the lawsuit with Trinity doesn't go their way?
Im gonna say probably not an issue. They have insurance for stuff like silly lawsuits.

I know in the past they have helped pay the bond but the problem this time was I believe that even with that there were no viable solutions to have a Carpet 12th track and asphalt TC track close enough to do it.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #87
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: England
Posts: 1,470
Send a message via ICQ to MattW
Default

I find the fact that there are "no suitable venues" kind of sad.

Surely there is a decent Tarmac track somewhere, that has a decent sized sports centre close by? no? really! From what I understand of the last worlds, the 12th was at a local sports centre. I know the last big 12th race (Euros) we put on in the UK was a regular sports centre, not one that was regular used by a RC club. Oh well, it's done now, and we see what FEMCA have to offer.

Skiddins - btw, not so sure about that one! We haven't asked for any Touring car races for many years as far as I know. We did talk about Euros for 2012, but as there wasn't one that then went out the window.

It is tough to find the people to run it.

I do wonder if there are some issues with IFMAR though, certainly it's my view that there are many things not right there, the last worlds didn't leave a great taste with many people.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #88
Tech Elite
 
mxrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: N. GA.
Posts: 4,426
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnelso View Post
Gym? I've never seen an RC guy in a gym
It's a guy named Jim that drives from the hotdog stand.
__________________
I park faster than most people drive.
mxrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:03 AM   #89
NDZ
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Holland
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
I find the fact that there are "no suitable venues" kind of sad.

Surely there is a decent Tarmac track somewhere, that has a decent sized sports centre close by? no? really! From what I understand of the last worlds, the 12th was at a local sports centre. I know the last big 12th race (Euros) we put on in the UK was a regular sports centre, not one that was regular used by a RC club. Oh well, it's done now, and we see what FEMCA have to offer.

Skiddins - btw, not so sure about that one! We haven't asked for any Touring car races for many years as far as I know. We did talk about Euros for 2012, but as there wasn't one that then went out the window.

It is tough to find the people to run it.

I do wonder if there are some issues with IFMAR though, certainly it's my view that there are many things not right there, the last worlds didn't leave a great taste with many people.
Yes the 12th was in a local sports centre.
NDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:40 AM   #90
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
Skiddins - btw, not so sure about that one! We haven't asked for any Touring car races for many years as far as I know. We did talk about Euros for 2012, but as there wasn't one that then went out the window.
I remember Roger Cosgrove at the BRCA AGM (couple of years ago) saying that he would be getting our EFRA rep to put the case forward for us to hold it after South Africa got canned. Seem to recall it ended up with Germany?

If we got the worlds I'm sure we could muster enough people between the BRCA, local club and volunteers, to sort things.

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:37 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net