R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-29-2005, 09:00 AM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My top ten "unwritten rules":

10. Don't talk/yell on the drivers stand while racing (keep your trap shut for 5 minutes!!).
9. Wipe the traction compound off your tires before you put your car on the track (skid marks are for a drag strip and underwear).
8. While racing, let the faster guy by!! There should be no reason to take someone out like that.
7. Use a frequency clip, DO NOT turn on your radio till you have the clip!!
6. Don't hog the drivers stand and don't hold your radio with your arms extended out, it blocks the view of other drivers.
5. Don't hog pit space!! You can hog all the pit space you want at home, but at the track, keep your junk to a minumum.
4. Show your car some love (i.e.: tighten all the screws and loose parts, it can damage the track suface or fall off and get into someones motor or something)
3. You break someones car, you pay for the part(s) that broke. (If you have a brain fart and break your own car, it's your problem).
2. BE READY FOR YOUR RACE, check what frequency your using, have your packs charged, body on, things tighened, etc..
1. HAVE FUN!! If your not having fun racing RC then you should try something else.

ddesros2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:01 AM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by PlainOleDave
If Ur Mad at Urself (during a race) and U start bouncing Ur car off the wall (on puspose), do it when nobodies gonna git hit. Better yet, I just need to pull over.
I actually had this happen to me this past weekend. Some guy broke, so he got pissed and full throttled it into every wall he could find. One smack was so loud that it startled me, I jumped, jerked the wheel in the middle of my turn, and wound up on my lid. I grimmaced and waited to be marshalled. Nothing happened...5....10 seconds and still nothing. Now, I hate it when guys yell at the marshalls to get them before they've even stopped crashing, but this was 10 seconds and still not a movement! I finaly yell out "marshall!!" and the guy finally gets me. I'm not saying it was totally the other guys fault, or the marshalls, because I could have been more focused and not crashed, but the other guy shouldn't have been making an ass of himself by bouncing all over the track, and the marshall could have been paying attention to his corner.

So, I guess my unwritten rule is actually two:

1. If you crash, you can get mad at yourself, but try and not be a 5 year old child and make a lot of noise, either with your car on the track or yourself on the stand. There are 9 other guys who are still racing, try to be thoughtful of your fellow racers. Most of the time I won't even leave the stand as I've found someone trying to shove their way past me to be a MAJOR distraction.

2. If you are marshalling a corner... PLEASE pay attention to that corner and not the j*@#&ss bouncing his car off the boards.

Last edited by cartmen34; 04-29-2005 at 09:09 AM.
cartmen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:39 AM   #33
Tech Master

If you knock yourself out of contention or if your pissed at yourself just shut up & keep driving

I swear, If one more guy hacks me when I try an outside pass he's gonna eat board....
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:57 AM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

When marshalling, take care of the first car that wrecked first. I have had cases where (for whatever reason) I need to be marshalled - while the marshall is making his way to my car, another wreck happens nearby - so he stops to fix that one before he comes to fix my car.

Also - when marshalling, don't just flip or kick the car back over - handle it like it was your own - and put the car back on the track pointed the right direction - yes I have seen cars put back on the track pointed at the wall, or even completely backwards.

Don't stop on the straightaway - Did this myself and learned quick. Brand New FK05 - first practice session with it, ran about 5 or 6 laps, stopped in front of the drivers stand to pick it up, and got rear-ended by a nitro car running wide open trying to see if he could make it out of the last turn at full throttle. All I broke was 1 rear shock body (Thanks X-Ray!), but it scared me to death.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:13 AM   #35
Tech Adept

Don't shout at people and don't take things too seriously; for 95% of us this is just a hobby so just enjoy it.
Liam_Davies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:41 PM   #36
Tech Elite

#1: Don't BITCH at the race director/announcer!!!

The number of people I see complaining about the program at the tracks I frequent is ridiculous. Don't ask to speed up the show. I go to the track to RACE! Part of racing is maintaining your equipment. I've seen programs that run so fast you barely have time to change your pack out, much less clean or strap in a new motor. Why? because some whiny people show up at the track and then bitch all day that the program is taking too long and they need to get home. If you have something better to do than race, stay home THAT DAY.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:49 PM   #37
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to NuckingFutz Send a message via Yahoo to NuckingFutz

im with you 1000% i love racing and a perfer a well run show than being rushed to get home...im one of those guys whose all finished for the night but still sit around bench racing(setups/batts/tires) with others..i can honestly say im one of the last to leave the track..i even help clean up
NuckingFutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 01:15 PM   #38
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rctoyguy

Don't stop on the straightaway - Did this myself and learned quick. Brand New FK05 - first practice session with it, ran about 5 or 6 laps, stopped in front of the drivers stand to pick it up, and got rear-ended by a nitro car running wide open trying to see if he could make it out of the last turn at full throttle. All I broke was 1 rear shock body (Thanks X-Ray!), but it scared me to death.
ho ho man that sucks!. ive done that during practice and had people nail me at top speed. never broke anything (knock on wood) but its definatly a learning experience.
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 01:35 PM   #39
Tech Adept

one i havn't seen posted that goes with t he lapping rule

some call it a two turn rule others call it a lap rule but if someone is faster and comes behind you to lap your or is faster and in qualifing, and you don't let that person by in like 2 turns or a lap (or somewhere in between) then you have some right (to an extent) to make yourself room to pass them
Charles Leto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 02:06 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Make sure you corner martial after your race.
I cant stand it when people dont corner martial after their race.
At our track some of the people seem to think that they should just go and sit down after their race to work on their car. For example last time i raced i hit a board, and the guy that turned my car back over wasnt even suposed to, he was sitting at his pit getting ready for his race that was comming up next.
ATXPro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 04:24 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Having on-track patience is also a major plus. I was in an IRMAR style qualifier last week and was on a TQ pace. I came upon a car that got last place in the previous round. So I drove up behind him (6 inches) for about half a lap. Then I saw that he wasn't going to let me by. Next, I told him "white car is leader". He still wouldn't give me room. So I backed off to about 18" behind his bumper for atleast two laps. He ended up clippling a corner dot, and that gave me room to go by. I ended up getting TQ. The lap times showed me running 15.7 laps all race, and then I ran 16.1 laps when I was behind him. So I lost .8 seconds by not instantly passing him. Or I could have wrecked us both and lost atleast 5 seconds. That's how patience can pay off.
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 05:05 PM   #42
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
-you should never be a angry bastard on the drivers stand
-you should marshall as well as you'd expect others to marshall for you.
-if it is a club where you pay membership, you should help set up the track or maintain it. if it is a private track you don't have to.

Absolutely the best response I've read!!!
Team Associated TC7.1
Team Associated F6
Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:05 PM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to ford_racing

Quote:
Originally posted by rctoyguy

Unfortunately this happened to me, except I was the guy who nailed the Xray, at a show day at the start of the first race the cuy forgat to charge his battery, along comes me in a TL01 (Possibly worlds strongest RC Car) and unfortunately didn't see him stopped in the middle of the straight on the second lap, little else to say except
TL01 = 1
Xray = 0

quite a bit of damage to his car, ie shock body, rear wheel, axle, arms etc etc
ford_racing is offline   Reply With Quote