The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread

Like Tree3Likes

The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread

Old 02-24-2015, 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FatalTundra
Hi everyone,

I noticed some of you saying that you bought the GT2 E as a new roller, my question is where did you buy them? I can only find the car in RTR form for about $500. I would much rather have a new roller to begin with. Thanks for your time.
I purchased mine from this seller on ebay. He only has GT2 roller at the moment (so will need motor mount etc) but might be worthwhile contacting him to see if there are any GT2E rollers in the pipeline.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kyosho-GT...item233bdb5aca
Old 02-24-2015, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidehow77
I purchased mine from this seller on ebay. He only has GT2 roller at the moment (so will need motor mount etc) but might be worthwhile contacting him to see if there are any GT2E rollers in the pipeline.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kyosho-GT...item233bdb5aca
So did you purchased the nitro and converted it to electric? That's what I'm wanting to do as well if it's not too complicated or super expensive. Thank you very much for taking the time to answer me.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FatalTundra
So did you purchased the nitro and converted it to electric? That's what I'm wanting to do as well if it's not too complicated or super expensive. Thank you very much for taking the time to answer me.
No problem. I bought the E roller which he had at the time. Others more experienced will be able to advise what parts you'll need. I suspect it'll be a motor mount and centre diff. The nitro comes with a 2 speed diff.

You might want to ask him if he has an E roller available etc
Old 02-24-2015, 10:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidehow77
No problem. I bought the E roller which he had at the time. Others more experienced will be able to advise what parts you'll need. I suspect it'll be a motor mount and centre diff. The nitro comes with a 2 speed diff.

You might want to ask him if he has an E roller available etc
Thanks, sorry I didn't proof read what you said. I emailed him in reference to an electric roller, not the nitro. Thanks again.
Old 04-25-2015, 01:30 AM
Tech Addict

Default Just ordered one!

Can't wait for delivery next week. Gonna be using it for bashing and speed runs. I have a OFNA GTP2E also. Anyone have both and can compare the 2?
Old 07-22-2015, 12:11 PM
Tech Addict

Default Front center dogbone keeps popping out

I've had 3 front center dogbones pop out and break the stock front plastic torque rod during top speed runs. Should I try a universal front shaft? Does anyone know which universal shaft will work instead of the stock 105mm dogbone? Does anyone know which metal torque rod will wit my GT2 VE?
Old 08-25-2015, 12:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

This may be a question that's too old for this thread but does anyone know where the person that started the thread got the headlight buckets that he has for his lighting mod? I've looked EVERYWHERE it seems for 1/8 light buckets but the only thing I could find are people making their own...
Old 09-04-2015, 12:03 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Just clocked mine at 85 mph in a parking lot tonight on 5s. Good lord.

I couldn't understand at first why people were installing the 1/5 scale esc in this car, now I do. I got warmth on the batteries, motor, and esc. (Mamba Monster 2, HPI Scream 1965kv, Venom 3s 25c/Venom 2s 20c)

I know that the batteries aren't what most would use but that's what I had at the time so I went for it.

Tires - deltaplastiksusa sells an italian made GRP type tire, I used the winter compound, for about 30 bucks a set. That's cheap. They heated up and were about the consistency of marshmallows. Almost no tire wear on about 10 passes on a speed run, albeit the parking lot is a little shorter than I could wish for.

All in all, it's time to tune this bish. Very impressed with this car.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I've run GRP 3's on mine, but handling wise it feels very sluggish compared to the Serpent, I was hoping it'd be more stable but if anything, it's very loose mid corner, which is a shame, because it looks better!
Old 09-04-2015, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nexxus
I've run GRP 3's on mine, but handling wise it feels very sluggish compared to the Serpent, I was hoping it'd be more stable but if anything, it's very loose mid corner, which is a shame, because it looks better!
The handling of the GT2 VE with stock suspension is pretty soft and leaves much to be desired. I switched to the Kyosho hard black springs and added front and rear sway bars which improved handling dramatically.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Maybe the wrong forum to be asking but why would someone chose the GT2e over the traxxas xo-1 for similar pricing?
Old 10-10-2015, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Does anybody know what the transmission ratio is for the GT2? Trying to do a theoretical speed calculation.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

Tires is a big thread by his own !
Grp's are perhaps the most sophisticated tires and you can only get the best perfomance if you choose the right tire pattern and compound for the surface you running depending the weather conditions (temp,humidity)
The only way to choose the right tire and get some right results about the tire performance is to go to their proffesional web site and see the sugestions .
There are many different compounds and only if you test different compounds you will get a safe result and not if you buy what ever grp tire is left in stock in your local hobby shop.
The best tire on the world could be the worst if you make a wrong compound /tire pattern choose!

drewbagel423 are you taking about the diff ratio ? or the gt2 nitro transmition ratio ?
Old 10-11-2015, 05:16 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by erion racer
Maybe the wrong forum to be asking but why would someone chose the GT2e over the traxxas xo-1 for similar pricing?
I have the XO-1,Kyosho and Serpent Cobra. The xo-1 is built for top speed. Doesn't handle very well. It also uses odd sized tires. While the standard 1/8 road tire can fit, it's much shorter then the stock tires.
XO -1 wasn't designed to compare with 1/8 road cars. It was designed to be fast. Personally never gotten above 70 with mine. No place big enuff.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by koval
drewbagel423 are you taking about the diff ratio ? or the gt2 nitro transmition ratio ?
No the front/rear and center diff ratios. I got a roller that was converted from nitro so it currently has the high-speed spur from the 2-speed instead of a center diff. But I'll probably change that in the future.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.