Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread >

The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread

Like Tree3Likes

The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread

Old 07-21-2013, 02:36 PM
  #61  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
FLoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Drop a castle 2650 or 2200 or tekin 2650 or 2250 and get some grp tires or alphas slicks and your all set Togo
FLoJo is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 04:13 AM
  #62  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
RavenLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 67
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

just ordered my GT2 through nitro house, there on special $599, cant wait to get it!
RavenLS1 is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 08:16 PM
  #63  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
FLoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RavenLS1 View Post
just ordered my GT2 through nitro house, there on special $599, cant wait to get it!
man wish I had known could of sold you mine allready upgraded with goodies .
FLoJo is offline  
Old 08-15-2013, 09:57 PM
  #64  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
RavenLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 67
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FLoJo View Post
man wish I had known could of sold you mine allready upgraded with goodies .
Damn, that sucks! Looks like you have upgraded it just like i want to, with tekin gear, cant believe the price difference between the audi and the other body
RavenLS1 is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 02:13 AM
  #65  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
RavenLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 67
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

well i picked up a Tekin RX8 gen2 ESC & T8 2250kv motor brand new off ebay for $285 to upgrade the gt2 when it arrives
RavenLS1 is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 02:16 AM
  #66  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
RavenLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 67
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FLoJo View Post
man wish I had known could of sold you mine allready upgraded with goodies .
how does the 2 speed hold up with the torque of the tekin motor?
RavenLS1 is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 04:32 AM
  #67  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
FLoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RavenLS1 View Post
Damn, that sucks! Looks like you have upgraded it just like i want to, with tekin gear, cant believe the price difference between the audi and the other body
there nice cars , and the bodies are great but one crash and there goes the shelf queen body . I have castle system in my GT1 and the tekin in my GT2. The audi body is kool but once u get hi speed you will have to work the bumper either out or up to keep the front body from dragging into ground

Originally Posted by RavenLS1 View Post
well i picked up a Tekin RX8 gen2 ESC & T8 2250kv motor brand new off ebay for $285 to upgrade the gt2 when it arrives
You will be pleased running that system , I run the 2650 tekin in my gt2 and its fast and smooth

Originally Posted by RavenLS1 View Post
how does the 2 speed hold up with the torque of the tekin motor?
Initally when I bought my GT1 with the 2 speed car it had the tekin system running 6S , and it seemed to take it pretty good . Now I run a 2200 castle on 6s and it still runs great, havnt had issue yet so far with it . But I just moved into a new home and started new job so havnt really had time to play like I would have liked

If I had todo over again , would of just bought the roller and tekin system or mamba either one works great for me , good tires and servo and run a real radio system . in the end would , of been maybe hundred or 2 more then buying rtr . I got my rtr brand new under 500 so it felt like a good deal at the time lol I have SP chassis braces front and back , SP aluminum carriers all around , titanium turnbuckles

The next thing I suggest is either some GRP dish wheels , or some alpha slicks becuase the stock tires are mainly for show or shelf
FLoJo is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 04:43 AM
  #68  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
RavenLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 67
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FLoJo View Post
there nice cars , and the bodies are great but one crash and there goes the shelf queen body . I have castle system in my GT1 and the tekin in my GT2. The audi body is kool but once u get hi speed you will have to work the bumper either out or up to keep the front body from dragging into ground



You will be pleased running that system , I run the 2650 tekin in my gt2 and its fast and smooth



Initally when I bought my GT1 with the 2 speed car it had the tekin system running 6S , and it seemed to take it pretty good . Now I run a 2200 castle on 6s and it still runs great, havnt had issue yet so far with it . But I just moved into a new home and started new job so havnt really had time to play like I would have liked

If I had todo over again , would of just bought the roller and tekin system or mamba either one works great for me , good tires and servo and run a real radio system . in the end would , of been maybe hundred or 2 more then buying rtr . I got my rtr brand new under 500 so it felt like a good deal at the time lol I have SP chassis braces front and back , SP aluminum carriers all around , titanium turnbuckles

The next thing I suggest is either some GRP dish wheels , or some alpha slicks becuase the stock tires are mainly for show or shelf
thanks mate for all that info, im coming from a ofna gtp2e with a castle 1717 on 8s so i hope this is just as good or even better.
RavenLS1 is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 05:05 AM
  #69  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
FLoJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 216
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

the setup you had before sounds crazy , that1717 is a torque monster and 100mph capable not sure if the tekin is but the 2250 will be nice even though Ive seen it run int he gt2, with right tires and suspension it grips very nice .
FLoJo is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 08:51 PM
  #70  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
RavenLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 67
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by FLoJo View Post
the setup you had before sounds crazy , that1717 is a torque monster and 100mph capable not sure if the tekin is but the 2250 will be nice even though Ive seen it run int he gt2, with right tires and suspension it grips very nice .
do you think the tekin 2250kv motor will handle 6S ok, or should i just use 4S with it?
RavenLS1 is offline  
Old 08-16-2013, 09:10 PM
  #71  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Saskatoon, SK. Canada
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hmmm... I`ve been sitting on the fence deciding if I should one of these or not... I know I want one, but can decide yet
ViperZ is offline  
Old 08-17-2013, 12:26 AM
  #72  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
RavenLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 67
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ViperZ View Post
Hmmm... I`ve been sitting on the fence deciding if I should one of these or not... I know I want one, but can decide yet
Get one mate, there priced right at the moment for the rtr, the audi body is $599 and the other one is $499 iirc
RavenLS1 is offline  
Old 08-17-2013, 06:52 AM
  #73  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
ViperZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Saskatoon, SK. Canada
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RavenLS1 View Post
Get one mate, there priced right at the moment for the rtr, the audi body is $599 and the other one is $499 iirc
Yeah, I 've been watching these for a while. I really wish I could get one with the licensed McLaren F1 body, or even find an unpainted one. I'm not a huge fan of the Cepter, the R8, I could live with, but... So it looks like the Vitaphone Aston? if I was to order new?

Maybe I should talk to FloJo below?

Originally Posted by FLoJo View Post
man wish I had known could of sold you mine allready upgraded with goodies .
If you have something for sale I would be interested in please send me a PM with particulars...
ViperZ is offline  
Old 08-17-2013, 11:09 AM
  #74  
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Iíve been thinking converting an IGT1 or an IGT2 to brushless.
Looking to run an 8s set-up for top speed runs only.

What do you guys think?
Your advice is appreciated, thanks.
Jspeed is offline  
Old 08-17-2013, 03:17 PM
  #75  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (2)
 
RavenLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 67
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Iíve been thinking converting an IGT1 or an IGT2 to brushless.
Looking to run an 8s set-up for top speed runs only.

What do you guys think?
Your advice is appreciated, thanks.
do it buddy, i have a ofna gtp2e running a 1717 and a trackstar 200amp and 8s, its awesome, so much power
RavenLS1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.