Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread >

The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread

Like Tree3Likes

The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread

Old 06-21-2016, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys, quick question. I got a HW ESC and motor combo and picked up the new aluminum motor mount that can accommodate it. My problem is the brace that used to go from the OEM mount to the other brace in front of the center diff no longer fits correctly. I noticed that some guys have a new aluminum front mount and brace. Where did you guys score that?

-c
Old 06-21-2016, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Not sure about the aluminum front mount but what HW motor do you have that does not fit the stock motor mount?
Old 06-21-2016, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Hello TC4Basher - it looks like the one at the top of this page.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...thread-18.html

My OEM plastic top bracket that connects across the diff doesn't look like that one though. It is long enough, but the new motor, it seems the holes are off. I can attach the cross bracket to the plastic mount using both screws on the plastic side, but I'm using 1 on the aluminum side. I'd like to just get aluminum on both sides and an aluminum cross bracket like you all have.

-c
Old 06-21-2016, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ccattie

My OEM plastic top bracket that connects across the diff doesn't look like that one though. It is long enough, but the new motor, it seems the holes are off. I can attach the cross bracket to the plastic mount using both screws on the plastic side, but I'm using 1 on the aluminum side. I'd like to just get aluminum on both sides and an aluminum cross bracket like you all have.

-c
So you are running a 56 or 58mm diameter 1/5 scale motor? If not, the stock mount fits 40mm and 48mm (1717) motors fine.

Your best solution might be to go back to the stock mount.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

I've attached some photos showing what is up. I've got a HW4274 with a big ass pinion on it. I wasn't able to use the stock motor mount for that. Plus I wanted some upgradability down the road.

-c

Attached Thumbnails The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread-20160621_164057.jpg  
Old 06-21-2016, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

I've attached some photos showing what is up. I've got a HW4274 with a big ass pinion on it. I wasn't able to use the stock motor mount for that. Plus I wanted some upgradability down the road.

-c

You can make the hole in the plastic upper piece bigger so the screw will line up.

You can also make a spool to replace the center diff and spur like I did. You can go all the way down to a 31 tooth mod 1 revo spur.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

I planned on egging out the holes just so I could put the 2nd screw in (so I wouldn't lose it ). I wanted to see if anybody else had seen this before. Sometimes there are little incremental changes people don't see happen. tc4basher, do you sell those or is it something I'd have to fab on my own?

-c
Old 06-21-2016, 11:18 PM
Tech Addict

I planned on egging out the holes just so I could put the 2nd screw in (so I wouldn't lose it ). I wanted to see if anybody else had seen this before. Sometimes there are little incremental changes people don't see happen. tc4basher, do you sell those or is it something I'd have to fab on my own?

-c
No I dont sell spools haha. You can make one out of a GT2 nitro 2 speed shaft (Part # KYOIG108). You will have to cut it around a 1/4 inch shorter and grind a flat spot for the spur gear grub screw. Once you compare the shaft side by side with the stock center diff, you will know what to do as far as how much to cut and where to grind the flat spot. I use a RCmonster 6mm revo spur gear adapter to run mod 1 pinions and I run all stock motor mounts which I prefer for the 2 pc design. I have had my GT2 VE up to 143 mph with this setup.

Here is a vid. You will see a pic of the spool near the end of the vid.

https://youtu.be/2XuRQyYhqlE

Last edited by tc4basher; 06-21-2016 at 11:40 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

You show that spool alright at the end of the video It actually looks really straight forward. I might just do something like that. I'll probably leave everything as is for now and only worry about it once the center diff craps the bed or something. I've been fiddling with it for months now (haven't had the time to work on it) that I want to drive it already.
-c
Old 06-22-2016, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

my car came in today and got a chance to run it. i was using my 2s 90c promatch battery and the car felt like a dog. i knew this car wasn't the fastest in town, but it was very slow. i will have to try 4s in the next couple of days to see how much faster it is. Does 4s really make that much of a difference over 2s?

also, my servo doesnt re-center after turning the wheels. is this common on this car? i have a ds1015 servo coming in the mail.

Also the tires feel very junky and seems like it wants to spin around a lot. Can anyone send me a link to wheels and tires that fit that are better for traction?

couple of other things i found, a little oil on the bottom of the car. it feels too thick to be shock oil, but i havent found the source. body has a bend in one of the wheel wells where it wasnt packed right. i was able to straiten it but you can still see the line.

to end on a positive note, the this thing is huge and it looks really cool

EDIT:
tried with 4s, and holy cow it is sick. its literally like it goes from a toy grade car to a hobby grade car with the 2nd battery. It really highlights the need for better tires, but i am super happy with the car now that i put in the 2nd battery

Last edited by rekim; 06-22-2016 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:14 PM
Tech Adept

-c
Hello from greece,
this motor mount is made to fit on the inferno cars (nitro or electric) buggy/truggy and gt/gt2 exept mp9 and st-rr ,combined with the aluminum top platte of the buggy version #if226 for better rigidity.

This is not a bad fitment , but a compatibility problem that you have.
Just replace the plastic top platte with the aluminum one and you are set!

Last edited by koval; 06-22-2016 at 11:37 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rekim
my car came in today and got a chance to run it. i was using my 2s 90c promatch battery and the car felt like a dog. i knew this car wasn't the fastest in town, but it was very slow. i will have to try 4s in the next couple of days to see how much faster it is. Does 4s really make that much of a difference over 2s?

also, my servo doesnt re-center after turning the wheels. is this common on this car? i have a ds1015 servo coming in the mail.

Also the tires feel very junky and seems like it wants to spin around a lot. Can anyone send me a link to wheels and tires that fit that are better for traction?

couple of other things i found, a little oil on the bottom of the car. it feels too thick to be shock oil, but i havent found the source. body has a bend in one of the wheel wells where it wasnt packed right. i was able to straiten it but you can still see the line.

to end on a positive note, the this thing is huge and it looks really cool

EDIT:
tried with 4s, and holy cow it is sick. its literally like it goes from a toy grade car to a hobby grade car with the 2nd battery. It really highlights the need for better tires, but i am super happy with the car now that i put in the 2nd battery
4s vs 2s is theoritically the double rpm's on the motor shaft !
If you go on 6s with a good aftemarket motor and esc combo and gear up your car you ll surprised (insane speeds)
Just get your self a proffesional set of tyres from grp or sweep, maybe one of the best improvements on a stock gt2!
Old 06-23-2016, 05:30 AM
Tech Addict

I already ordered tires from grp last night. I found a video online promoting them. I also ordered a 4s 75c battery. I chose a single 4s so I only have to charge one battery.

I just need to find a nice open space place to run this now
Old 06-23-2016, 08:50 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rekim
I already ordered tires from grp last night. I found a video online promoting them. I also ordered a 4s 75c battery. I chose a single 4s so I only have to charge one battery.

I just need to find a nice open space place to run this now
4s with stock gearing will put car in the mid 40mph range. Never tried using single 4s. Battery area designed for 2 2s batteries.

Here's mine, stock other then tires

https://youtu.be/qfc78MYpaZk
Old 06-23-2016, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Hopefully it fits. There was a post that said either would work

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
4s with stock gearing will put car in the mid 40mph range. Never tried using single 4s. Battery area designed for 2 2s batteries.

Here's mine, stock other then tires

https://youtu.be/qfc78MYpaZk

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.