spintec I.C.C charger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

spintec I.C.C charger

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Tech Rookie

I never and ever happy anything if it has problem.

Spintec know nothing in QC testing.
Still got nothing and solution from Spintec....

Old 03-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

Well, I'm happy with it.

Yes, mine had some problems but they were all taken care of.

It's the best charger by a couple of miles so I take these quirks for granted, especially if they are solved like they have been.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

I agree... all the other "new" chargers on the market have nothing "new" about them, bigger amp draw, better display, other bells and whistles, but the ICC is truely one of the bigger "new" concept chargers out there, ever since step charging anyway. I know updates take a while to make right, but from the current rate of updates (4 patches / year something like that?), I am not sure how many years will it take to get to things like showing discharge curves, and lipo charging functions... because at the moment, we are still talking vital base-line everyday charger functions (and some a little beyond that) being updated...

one of the things on my wish list, is that it can charge a lipo 8000mah at 1C. but it may never happen, oh well... that's not the first one thing that didn't happen...

another thing is i want to know why the ICC gently eases into different amperage settings... the charger has problems step charging.. because it eases into different amp steps, and there is no way of predicting how long it takes to ease into and out of different steps.

Don't get me wrong, i love this charger, (i have one from the first batch that arrived in hong kong last year), and I waited a year before that forthe charger to come out... i think its the best charger out there. But certainly, its still got a lot of ground for improvement and I would like to take part in voicing/complaining/whinning about how this charger can still get beter .
Old 03-20-2007, 06:14 AM
Tech Initiate

racinggear - My Spintec now always peaks on delta rather than temperature but you have to make sure you have all of your settings 100% spot on.

A couple of ideas that you can check - Check your minimum temperature setting. If this is too high as per my previous the cells will not even think about delta peak until they hit this temperature. - Check your maximum temperature from the reports and experiance it needs to be somewhere around the 50 deg C mark - Make sure your delta peak is not set too high a lot of people are moving to sub 3Mv peak ( generally 1-2Mv )

The batts in the tray will always get hotter than on a conventional charger as they do not have the airflow around them, they are encased in the charger. This was always the theory behind those stalks that you rest your batt in on the orion advantage. Ths is wh a lto of peole have taken to using half of the Much more batt cooler (v1) or integy version to create some air flow and help remove heat from above the cells ( not blowing on the cells ). This seems to help the most and ensures a pretty acurate and even temperature across the pack throughout the charge.

Hope this is of some help
Old 03-20-2007, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

anyone got a spintec w/ fans hooked up to it?

Are these temp numbers an appropriate cuttoff referenced from theoretical internal battery temperature cuttoffs? or are they actual external temperature (shrink wrap included) optimal safety temperature cuttoff that were measured externally? (Before cells start to vent)

i hope my question actually makes sense
Old 04-03-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

the icc jumper cable for 5 cell is out... but it sells for $16 USD at rcmodel.... honestly... i want to ask... is there anything special to this cable? or it is really "just a cable with 3 aligator clips on it"?
Old 04-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by speedfreakUK

When setting the MINIMUM temperature, which it says in the instructions is to prevent false peaking it will not go lower than 35 deg C. I found this a little strange as sometimes when racing outdoors in the UK it gets pretty cold and cells don't always reach that temperature when fully charged.
Please Spintec, include this in your next software update, racing over here in the cold with this charger is proving to be a problem
Old 04-07-2007, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

Here's the new Spintec ICC with 5 cell update.

Greetings Victor
Old 04-07-2007, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Is it a cable update or this time it is included inside the machine? the improvement in the face plate looks sweet!
Old 04-07-2007, 06:47 AM
Tech Regular

Same as my one

Originally Posted by Victor A
Old 04-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcnewb2004
Is it a cable update or this time it is included inside the machine? the improvement in the face plate looks sweet!
You only have to change the settings in the Menu, no external changes needed anymore.

Rob Janssen
Old 04-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

THe new one looks so much better
Old 04-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Tech Adept

where do you connect th3 5 cell lead on the spintec charger across what terminals?

Thanks

Ricky
Old 04-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

With the latest model, the 5 cell adapter is no longer needed.

As you can see the upper right contact pin has moved to the 5th cell position instead of the 6th cell.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

what about the older modl wen you have to use tyhe lead where do you connect it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.