Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Seano

Oh, bummer. Was meant to fix it, guess not lol
Seano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:37 AM   #692
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Yea Ive already updated mine...still does the same thing....

EA
What peak cell temps are you getting at 2.0mV? ... I'm getting the cells peaking at 50-53C using 4.0mV which looks fine to me!

Are you saying your unit is still charging the cells even after is says "FULL" ... mine stop charging each cells as they get the "FULL" status ...

Steve Salvas
TQ Cells
TQ Cells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:21 PM   #693
Tech Adept

In version 1.05 that can happen when charging 4 cell packs. When the cells cut off in a particular order and with a particular way of cut off (temp or peak/repeak), the status of 'charging ready' is not passed on to the main routine. Annoying, but not disastrous as the cells are not being charged anymore.

Version 1.05b should solve this, but apparently it still does it? EA, if you can give me more info on your settings we can go after this asap.

[email protected]
Erik Jonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:45 PM   #694
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayFK
If you use a DB9 to USB cable, it most likely won't work, let's just say that for whatever reason for now. The KO connector is the same way.
The one I'm using from Bafo works great no matter with my ICC or Robitronic dyno. Check the chip of the converter. Chip from Prolific should work. If not, try downloading latest driver from Prolific could solve the problem. COM setting should be 9600bps, 8 bit, no parity check, 1 stop bit with no flow control. I assigned mine to com 4 but the program can accept anything from com 1 to com 10, so it doesn't bother me.
LotusElise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:54 PM   #695
Tech Rookie

http://www.bafo.com.tw/product/bf-810.asp

That's the one that I'm using. Give a try bros.
LotusElise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:46 AM   #696
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

MAN ALL I WANT TO NOW IS HOW MANT WEEKS IS THE COURSE NEEDED TO WORK THIS THING?
DR VOODOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 05:06 AM   #697
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR VOODOO
MAN ALL I WANT TO NOW IS HOW MANT WEEKS IS THE COURSE NEEDED TO WORK THIS THING?
It's like BMW's iDrive, you can't leave the lot without taking a 2 hour course on it !
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 03:33 PM   #698
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ Cells
What peak cell temps are you getting at 2.0mV? ... I'm getting the cells peaking at 50-53C using 4.0mV which looks fine to me!

Are you saying your unit is still charging the cells even after is says "FULL" ... mine stop charging each cells as they get the "FULL" status ...

Steve Salvas
TQ Cells
Hey Steve,

The packs I charged here at home were getting to around 135-140 (this is checking with a Temp gun on top of the cells...maybe the gun's not accurate as the charger cuttoff is set to 120 degrees) at 6amp charge with 2.0mV.

After it says full it will keep going for about 10-15 minutes but its not charging the cells. The voltage will start to fall back on each cell so I know its not charging. But in the Milliamp screen it will show the cells mah for each cell, and they are not climbing when it does this, but the total pack mah will still be climbing the whole time.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:07 AM   #699
Tech Rookie

EA, the cell temp readings on my unit are within 1C degree of my personal temp gauge (using a small blue "flashpoint" temp gauge).

I'll try a lower peak detect (2mV) and will post new peak cell temps ...

Erik Jonk, ... I updated to 1.05b but I'm still getting issues when using Farenheit over Celsius ... I can set peak temp at 130F ... but when I power back the charger it rolls back to 2F peak temp setting!?! Any way around this? Also, is it normal for the big black heatsink to get near 63C while charging ... (4-cell 6A 4mV min45C max 55C)

Thanks!

Steve.
TQ Cells

Last edited by TQ Cells; 07-25-2006 at 11:22 AM.
TQ Cells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:38 AM   #700
Tech Addict

Anyone know who has a cable in stock (US) or what the pinning combination is?
gee-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:06 PM   #701
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ Cells
EA, the cell temp readings on my unit are within 1C degree of my personal temp gauge (using a small blue "flashpoint" temp gauge).

I'll try a lower peak detect (2mV) and will post new peak cell temps ...

Erik Jonk, ... I updated to 1.05b but I'm still getting issues when using Farenheit over Celsius ... I can set peak temp at 130F ... but when I power back the charger it rolls back to 2F peak temp setting!?! Any way around this? Also, is it normal for the big black heatsink to get near 63C while charging ... (4-cell 6A 4mV min45C max 55C)

Thanks!

Steve.
TQ Cells

My heat sink of the charger become hot too while charging, but not that hot.
Only when dicharging a full pack it will become very hot after a few minutes.

Rob Janssen
Rob Janssen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:24 PM   #702
tel
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

gee-dub: Horizon Hobby had the cable in stock. I asked Erik Jonk about the pinout and apparently there is circuit board in one end of the cable so you won't be able to make one.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPI2010

To all, racing in Texas outdoors in the summer with 100+ degrees the internal fan is not enough to keep the unit cool even during charging and in the shade. I was false peaking due to temperature cuttoff as the hole unit heated up. I needed to put an external fan on the heatsink to keep it from false peaking. Otherwise I have had no trouble.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:35 PM   #703
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

You have to lean the charger against something to get full air to the fans. Thats one of the many reasons I got rid of my ICC right away.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:19 AM   #704
Tech Adept

At the worlds in Italy (100 F) I also used an external fan to give it some extra cooling, especially for 4 cells.

But with new settings I didn't get any false peaks anymore.

But in hot temperatures it is very difficult te fully charge your packs, no matter which charger you use.

Any ordinary charger will also stop charging once the maximum temperature is reached, but with the ICC it becomes more noticeable as you get single cells reaching the maximum temp before others do.
MBreve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:23 AM   #705
Tech Addict

i see some discussion regarding temps on here. is there any way to disable the min/peak temp settings? i was reading the manual and it didn't mention anything, i haven't played with the unit yet.

thx in advance.
gee-dub is offline   Reply With Quote