R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-05-2006, 03:59 PM   #631
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to JohnMatrix

you guys think they would ever beable to bump the external charger to 6-7 amps?
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:34 AM   #632
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeardmore
I've cycled 6 battery packs on the ICC and have they all have the exact same IR "PACK" readings on the discharge .... (132 milliohms).

The readings were on 4 cells & 6 cells ib 3800's & ib 4200's.

When I add up the indiviual IR #'s they don't add up to the 132 milliohms the ICC say's it is???

Has anyone else noticed this?? or do I have a problem here?
I would explain it as that overall pack resistance is not equal to the sum of each invidual cell.
You have to add the resistance from the battery bars, the solder, the connector (if any).

Now in terms of getting similar readings for all 6 packs, if they re from a same batch and have been used consistently it s plausible.
My packs are fairly close in IR also but of course, your mileage may vary.
Patriiick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:18 AM   #633
UMS
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnis85
on the box and in the book it says 8amp charge rate. now after downloading the latest version 4 cell only allows me 6amp charge and external output only 5amp charge. I did notice when you go to charge 6 cell it goes up to 7amp. Why would the box say different from the actual? I def got a paper weight with the last charger. Luckly I was able to exchange mine at my LHS. Also no return email from spintec. Not a good way to start out seeing that myself and a few others have these and noone else around here, and trust me people have asked me and have seen this charger and I cant honestly give good feedback which means bad business for spintec.
Come on, give them a chance! They are on wm in italy at the moment.
UMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:00 AM   #634
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to LeoChan

Charge 6 cell do you have bug ?
I'm charged if no push exit , open take battery , will have bug show other date ! !
LeoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:01 AM   #635
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMS
Come on, give them a chance! They are on wm in italy at the moment.
Give them a chance? lol, I did, I sent them an email last week and no return back.
omnis85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:42 AM   #636
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Tommy Bergfeldt

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnis85
Give them a chance? lol, I did, I sent them an email last week and no return back.
The Worlds started about a week ago with 1/12th
Tommy Bergfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:30 PM   #637
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

thats funny a freind of mine told me he sent an email recently and was answered back within 5hrs, i do realize there is a big time zone difference but a week, and theres noone in the building while they are at the worlds, owell I guess. hopefuly they will return the email some day or week.
omnis85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:34 AM   #638
UMS
Tech Initiate

maybe you better try it on this site:

http://www.spintec.nl/dealers.shtml

I talked to the german dealer 3 times. Very friendly and helpful!
UMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:47 AM   #639
Tech Elite

Spoke to the UK importer, they have some on order but can't say anything more.

Only a small stretch of the North Sea between the UK and Holland and the countries on the other side of the planet get them first

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:51 PM   #640
Tech Rookie

Angry Problem with new ICC Charger!

Has any body had data link problems with their charger? I got my charger on wed, and went to download the firmware link from spentec site , the female s-video type plug is really loose and it won't connect with the software. well now it made the screen go blank it just lights up but has no words or any options. I tried calling Spintec and it just ring and rings ( I did call when it was early morning here in california so it would have been around 11:00 their time. I then called Horizion they are the local USA distribuitor for Spintec and they said they know nothing about the charger or what to do. So now I own a 400.00 $ piece of crap. Does anybody have any other phone #'s beside whats on thier site? or know how I can get ahold of someone over there? It looked to be such a promising charger too. please help me! I emailed them and let them know what happened, it says in the book the book it has a 3 month manufacture warranty. So who do I send it to?
smokerules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:04 PM   #641
Tech Adept

Erik (owner off spintec) is at the worlds at the moment. He will be back next week. You can send him an e-mail with the problem, and he will solve it. I am positive about that.

-Hugo
hugovdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:46 PM   #642
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004

i don't mean to flame, but it is good practice to check the firmware #s on the charger and compare it to the website before making any updates. I believe all currently selling ICCs are all already with the latest firmware.

Its unfortunate that your charger broke right when the spintec team is out of town...

What can i do when i get strange numbers on my ICC? i have 132mOhms for resistance on a pack of second hand batteries... judging from the fact that they are 93% still in match during discharge... i think there is something wrong w/ the charger and not the batteries... i have an old pack f 3300s and even those only have 70mOhm....
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:36 PM   #643
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb2004
Its unfortunate that your charger broke right when the spintec team is out of town...
i am looking at getting one of these chargers, however after reading about new features already in versions at the worlds, i will probably wait.

as far as customer service (CS), when a company with worldwide distribution channels is selling a product that retails in excess of $350US, i expect service regardless of what toy car race is going on. either leave some CS staff behind or hire more. i doubt you would ever see a competition electronics (similar company makeup) thread with week long CS delays due to a race.
gee-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:15 PM   #644
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004

i agree with the customer service. Spintec is normally good with their CS.

But mind you this toy car race is what these $350USD excess products are made for. Doing well at the worlds will certainly mean something for spintec.

Like I said, don't get me wrong, that's no excuse for the crappiness of CS because there are other things to to take care of.

You probably dont' have to wait... if you get the ICC and the interface cable, you should be able to upgrade your firmware without trouble. I just bought mine yesterday and i like it alot already.

Only wondering why the heck does my cells have 132 mOhm IR during a 10A discharge.
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:17 PM   #645
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb2004
i agree with the customer service. Spintec is normally good with their CS.

But mind you this toy car race is what these $350USD excess products are made for. Doing well at the worlds will certainly mean something for spintec.

Like I said, don't get me wrong, that's no excuse for the crappiness of CS because there are other things to to take care of.

You probably dont' have to wait... if you get the ICC and the interface cable, you should be able to upgrade your firmware without trouble. I just bought mine yesterday and i like it alot already.

Only wondering why the heck does my cells have 132 mOhm IR during a 10A discharge.

From Previous Post: #626

I've cycled 6 battery packs on the ICC and have they all have the exact same IR "PACK" readings on the discharge .... (132 milliohms).

The readings were on 4 cells & 6 cells ib 3800's & ib 4200's.

When I add up the indiviual IR #'s they don't add up to the 132 milliohms the ICC say's it is???

Has anyone else noticed this?? or do I have a problem here?
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote