R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-30-2006, 01:00 PM   #616
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Janssen
After 200 or 300 mAh the cell wil start charging again.
So next time waite a few minutes and see what happen.

Rob Janssen
Cool thanks. I will try this. If this does work this is then the greatest charger EVER!
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:23 AM   #617
Tech Elite

If Erik is on here, can he guestimate when some of the model shops in the UK will have stock of them?

I have just phoned one of the best shops, Apex Models, who are on the list of shops that Spintec's distributor has, and they have no idea when they will carry them.

Thanks
Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:47 AM   #618
Tech Regular

Have the guys running the ICC noticed a significant performance improvement on the track?

I suspect, the cells will be better 'conditioned' during charging, but if you are buying this charger, you are at the top/ish end of the sport and buy new cells twice a year anyway? so you will not notice any difference.

glad to hear ya comments....
whoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:55 AM   #619
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopass
Have the guys running the ICC noticed a significant performance improvement on the track?

I suspect, the cells will be better 'conditioned' during charging, but if you are buying this charger, you are at the top/ish end of the sport and buy new cells twice a year anyway? so you will not notice any difference.

glad to hear ya comments....

I have noticed a performance difference. My pack seems to have much more punch thru the entire race. I like the charger.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:40 AM   #620
Tech Regular

I am not so sure, as if you have a duff cell either with the ICC or using a normal charger the pack will still perform poorly.

Also the pack discharges in series, the same as a linear charger, so I expect there will be a small/subtle performance improvement, but new cells on a normal linear charger would also show an improvement.

I will embrace technology and Spintec have done a great job, the price reflects new technology but the performance gain will (I suspect) be minimal.
whoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 09:29 AM   #621
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

NYC HOBBIES HAS THEM IN STOCK WITH THE BEST PRICING
718 366 6262
NYCHOBBIES.COM
Old 07-01-2006, 03:09 PM   #622
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

with this charger so we no need to buy battery equelized already because it was charging single cell and wont effected if you battery did not equalized.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:58 AM   #623
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to coons88

Finally got a chance to try my batteries today at the track racing 5min heats. I don't think I really noticed a difference in runtime, but maybe an incrase in punch. But something worked well today anyway because I now join the club of 15 laps
Old 07-02-2006, 06:34 PM   #624
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I got a chance to play with the charger for two nights. What are the latest updates for this and what does it do? I run 4 cell packs. I have had a few problems with it so far and begining to get upset with it. First off what temp should I set it to? I talked to a few mathcers and they said 130f. when a cell reaches that temp it goes to a mode where it says there is a problem with that cell. 2 cells false peaked but the other two peaked. Do I reset it and why did it do this? The external output charge is screwy, what relation does this have with the settings for the tray portion if any? It got one of my packs to over 160F and vented a cell. I then tried to hook a motor up and break one in but it screwed the screen up and made the motor spin up with out setting it to anything. the other thing is people better watch out for the lcd screen, notice there is no cover over it and its bare. I thought there was something over it and ran my finger over it and messed it up for a few seconds. I was thinking of adding some sort of cover to protect it for storage reasons or transporting it. Please someone pm email or post here with some answers. I would hate to have to sell it and go back to the regualr chargers.
omnis85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 07:52 PM   #625
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnis85
I got a chance to play with the charger for two nights. What are the latest updates for this and what does it do? I run 4 cell packs. I have had a few problems with it so far and begining to get upset with it. First off what temp should I set it to? I talked to a few mathcers and they said 130f. when a cell reaches that temp it goes to a mode where it says there is a problem with that cell. 2 cells false peaked but the other two peaked. Do I reset it and why did it do this? The external output charge is screwy, what relation does this have with the settings for the tray portion if any? It got one of my packs to over 160F and vented a cell. I then tried to hook a motor up and break one in but it screwed the screen up and made the motor spin up with out setting it to anything. the other thing is people better watch out for the lcd screen, notice there is no cover over it and its bare. I thought there was something over it and ran my finger over it and messed it up for a few seconds. I was thinking of adding some sort of cover to protect it for storage reasons or transporting it. Please someone pm email or post here with some answers. I would hate to have to sell it and go back to the regualr chargers.
\

You have a BAD Charger, Replace it. or your power supply amp is too low.
rugripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:59 PM   #626
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Pack IR Numbers

I've cycled 6 battery packs on the ICC and have they all have the exact same IR "PACK" readings on the discharge .... (132 milliohms).

The readings were on 4 cells & 6 cells ib 3800's & ib 4200's.

When I add up the indiviual IR #'s they don't add up to the 132 milliohms the ICC say's it is???

Has anyone else noticed this?? or do I have a problem here?

Last edited by tbeardmore; 07-03-2006 at 04:04 PM.
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:43 AM   #627
Tech Adept

Spintec at the Worlds.
Attached Thumbnails
spintec I.C.C charger-il_sig_spintec.jpg  
mooony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:10 AM   #628
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

there are some new things from Spintec being shown at the worlds !!!! i m waiting for more info..
Patriiick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:45 PM   #629
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Today I had my first experience with ICC at the worlds. First impression is ouaou, it's huge after used to use operate Much More's CTX Cell Master. After operating I found out it is quite easy, and also provides info for all 6 cells.

Erik, is very helpfull and already has in mind some software additions which wil be available from their site

Hopefully, tomorrow weather will be ok and manage to use it again (only 3 batteries I charged today)

Nick

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:53 PM   #630
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Talking

on the box and in the book it says 8amp charge rate. now after downloading the latest version 4 cell only allows me 6amp charge and external output only 5amp charge. I did notice when you go to charge 6 cell it goes up to 7amp. Why would the box say different from the actual? I def got a paper weight with the last charger. Luckly I was able to exchange mine at my LHS. Also no return email from spintec. Not a good way to start out seeing that myself and a few others have these and noone else around here, and trust me people have asked me and have seen this charger and I cant honestly give good feedback which means bad business for spintec.
omnis85 is offline   Reply With Quote