R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-27-2006, 11:32 PM   #601
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Guo Chean Send a message via Yahoo to Guo Chean

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrayFK
I don't have an ICC, so I don't know if there are any different specific parameters for the connection. I know that with the CE chargers, you connect through HyperTerminal. In HyperTerminal you make a new connection choosing "Direct to ComX#" Parameters for the CE are:
Bits per second: 9600
Data bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop bits: 1
Flow Control: Hardware
After that you can send the data from the charger and it will show up in HyperTerminal. From HyperTerminal you can save the data as a TXT file and import it into Excel and do whatever you wish with the data.

Keep in mind that the parameters I gave are for the CE but who knows, it might work as well with the Spintec. Your best bet would be to contact Erik.
i thought you have one and you say that it can work like that unfortunately you just give example huh
Old 06-28-2006, 12:06 AM   #602
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guo Chean
i thought you have one and you say that it can work like that unfortunately you just give example huh
I never said I had an ICC, in fact from the very start I said it was the CE.
XrayFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:11 AM   #603
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I got mine yesterday. I cant give details about how the packs perform on the track yet because I cant do that until friday and thats the true test IMO. but so far from bench testing I am impressed but not at the same time. The scroll button sucks, something wrong with it or its just so damn sensitive to movement. The temp sensor wire thing whatever it is was bent and touching the charge side tab. I love the fact that I can read each cell and what its doing, temp,MAH's and Voltage. Will post results when I test.
omnis85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:43 AM   #604
Tech Rookie

Since I've finally landed a sponsorship, i'm selling my I.C.C. No damage to it, been used for 3 hours. Only thing damaged is the box it came in. I've fixed it with some strong tape.

I live in Europe, but will sent anywhere in the world. PM me for price and other info (payment/shipping) if interested. Don't worry, it'll be cheaper than the US street prize.
bester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:47 PM   #605
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Anyone else got anything to say about theirs? Im thinking of ordering one.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:58 PM   #606
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports

EA
I have found that it is a very nice unit. But if you have a cell that false peak the rest of the cells continue to charge. I have found if you just use say an Ice to charge the pack. Or the on board 5 amp max stick pack charge. To charge the pack. Then use the I.C.C. to peak the pack.

You also have to be careful when installing the pack into the unit. The wire contacts look a little easy to bend if you are not careful.

The charger does show a bunch of cool info.

I like it. But really think if you need a peak charger before you buy.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:58 PM   #607
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports

EA
i have mine last week the charger have their unique function, and very advance but the temperature sensor need some improvement because it not really accurate when i get fully charge i try to used my temp gun and it show 50 celcius but the charge show only 44 celcius even i have update the laste firmware.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:07 PM   #608
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guo Chean
i have mine last week the charger have their unique function, and very advance but the temperature sensor need some improvement because it not really accurate when i get fully charge i try to used my temp gun and it show 50 celcius but the charge show only 44 celcius even i have update the laste firmware.
A temp gun can be mis leading. If the surface is shinny your temp gun will read incorectly. Flat black surfaces are the best for a temp gun.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:09 PM   #609
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy
A temp gun can be mis leading. If the surface is shinny your temp gun will read incorectly. Flat black surfaces are the best for a temp gun.
i know that but when i try to scan my battery when i using MMR cell master charging it show the same as the MMR cell master show.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:45 PM   #610
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Well the temp sensors are taking the temp on the bottom of the cells with the fan slightly blowing on them so im sure the top of the cells(heat rises) will be a few degrees higher.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:13 AM   #611
Tech Adept

Quote:
I have found that it is a very nice unit. But if you have a cell that false peak the rest of the cells continue to charge. I have found if you just use say an Ice to charge the pack. Or the on board 5 amp max stick pack charge. To charge the pack. Then use the I.C.C. to peak the pack.

You also have to be careful when installing the pack into the unit. The wire contacts look a little easy to bend if you are not careful.

The charger does show a bunch of cool info.

I like it. But really think if you need a peak charger before you buy.
It's true.
some cells are just false peaking. (but you can set the min. temp. higher)
But all the other cells are charging and after 200 or 300mah the false peaked cell will continue with charging.

Rob Janssen
Rob Janssen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:07 AM   #612
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up Thank You Spintec!!

Thank You Spintec for another great product..!!

I just got my new I.C.C charger and am in the middle of "getting used to" using it an all of it's functions. The product is very easy to use and understand right out of the box....!

One suggestion would be a software upgrade to add a Continuous "Beeping" / or "Flashing" display (Option) for end of a charge or discharge so that if you are away when it finishes a charge/discharge you can have a choice to turn on/off the audible beep to indicate the end of the charge/discharge.... or turn on/off a "Flashing" display signal.

Another software upgrade would be to add a Charge/Discharge "Cycle" function. Making sure the unit captures & stores both the Charge and Discharge individual cell performance numbers would be beneficial.

QUESTION:

Does anyone know why the power supply and the external charging leads are so short? And would it adversely affect the units performance or readings if I extended the leads say, twice the standard length?

THANKS AGAIN SPINTEC!!!
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:14 AM   #613
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeardmore
QUESTION:

Does anyone know why the power supply and the external charging leads are so short? And would it adversely affect the units performance or readings if I extended the leads say, twice the standard length?

THANKS AGAIN SPINTEC!!!

I think it's no problem.
I thought that the new chargers will come with longer leads becasue more people want the leads longer.

Rob Janssen
Old 06-30-2006, 11:18 AM   #614
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Janssen
It's true.
some cells are just false peaking. (but you can set the min. temp. higher)
But all the other cells are charging and after 200 or 300mah the false peaked cell will continue with charging.

Rob Janssen
Will the cell start charging again? I have not noticed this. I will have to check this out some more then. I have been starting the charge over once I see a false peak.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:57 AM   #615
Tech Adept

Quote:
Will the cell start charging again? I have not noticed this. I will have to check this out some more then. I have been starting the charge over once I see a false peak.
After 200 or 300 mAh the cell wil start charging again.
So next time waite a few minutes and see what happen.

Rob Janssen