R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2006, 05:04 PM   #541
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,039
Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004
Default

No one is doubting the product does not exist or is not ok...

Just I have been waiting for "a while" now... and honestly would like to get one while i still have a little bit of cash on me.
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:32 AM   #542
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,759
Default

Perhaps Erik would like to comment on peoples experiences with IB packs etc.

This does look like a good product, but I use IB cells and would like to know if there is a guenuine problem and if so, will a software patch be available.

I'm assuming the external pack is charged in the usual way, 1 positive clip, 1 neg and it does the pack like most other chargers.
Can these be started at any time? i.e. can you deal with the external pack while the internal pack is busy charging?


These are the sort of things that need answering before I am willing to spend £250, or however much it eventually costs.

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk

Last edited by Skiddins; 06-13-2006 at 11:46 AM.
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:08 PM   #543
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Apeldoorn, the Netherlands
Posts: 111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins
Perhaps Erik would like to comment on peoples experiences with IB packs etc.

This does look like a good product, but I use IB cells and would like to know if there is a guenuine problem and if so, will a software patch be available.

I'm assuming the external pack is charged in the usual way, 1 positive clip, 1 neg and it does the pack like most other chargers.
Can these be started at any time? i.e. can you deal with the external pack while the internal pack is busy charging?


These are the sort of things that need answering before I am willing to spend £250, or however much it eventually costs.

Skiddins
I dont't have any problems with my IB 4200 pakcs.

The External output is just like any other chargers, 1 positive and 1 negative wire.
And you can start/stop the charging while you are charging in the tray.
If u choose to quit in the tray the charger asks if you want to stop charging or not. If you choose "no" you can go to the menu of the external output.
I really like it.

Rob Janssen
Rob Janssen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:16 PM   #544
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,039
Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004
Default

Is temperature detection possible in the external leads? or is delta peak detection the only kind it has?
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:27 PM   #545
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 355
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jan Larsen
Default

No temp detection on the external leads.
Jan Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:30 PM   #546
Tech Addict
 
JohnMatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Newark, CA
Posts: 608
Send a message via AIM to JohnMatrix
Default

So there is a external way to charge too? If so can both be charged at the same time?

I was going to buy two of these chargers but if one can charge two at the same time I would be set.

Also, I want to buy one this week, if anyone that has access to some at a hobby shop, I would be happy to pay you a little fee to pick it up for me and ship it.

But if ther are sites are selling it, please post.
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:36 PM   #547
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 355
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jan Larsen
Default

Yes, there's an external way to charge too. The external leads can charge up to 5 amps, meaning it can charge transmitter, receiver and normal sub-C packs (including stick packs with the appropriate connector). Later on there'll be a firmware update (free) to include Lipo aswell. I'm anxiously awaiting that, cant wait to strap a 8000 mah pack in my cars .
And yes, you can use the tray and external at the same time, just make sure you have an around 20 amps supply at least. And not a computer supply (seen a lot here), they can't deliver enough volts when charging two packs at the same time.
Jan Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:04 PM   #548
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: CT
Posts: 272
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

june 21st now, according to horizon. we will see
omnis85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 06:17 PM   #549
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Larsen
Yes, there's an external way to charge too. The external leads can charge up to 5 amps, meaning it can charge transmitter, receiver and normal sub-C packs (including stick packs with the appropriate connector). Later on there'll be a firmware update (free) to include Lipo aswell. I'm anxiously awaiting that, cant wait to strap a 8000 mah pack in my cars .
And yes, you can use the tray and external at the same time, just make sure you have an around 20 amps supply at least. And not a computer supply (seen a lot here), they can't deliver enough volts when charging two packs at the same time.
A decent Computer PSU will work, but it will need to be at east 400W and will need some 'loads' put on the 5V and 3.3V

Skiddins
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:31 PM   #550
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 12
Default

Hello all.
I just got this charger yesterday and I tried it out.
I think mine had some problems. It charges really really slow. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I did it just like how the manual discribe to set it up. I started to charge and waited for about 30- 40 min to check how it idoing. The charging count was only up to 035mAh! The Battery is still new.
I only used this IB4200 twice before this charge. It was set for 5.0A charge.
Anyone had this problem? Should I send it back to repaire? Sorry for my poor English and Thank you for your time.
Abarth
abarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 10:09 PM   #551
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12
Default

The spintec I.C.C charger will be available from Brooklyn hobbies sometime next week please call Brooklyn hobbies 718-951-2500 for price and availability.
rugripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 12:07 AM   #552
Tech Addict
 
Drew_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 607
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugripper
The spintec I.C.C charger will be available from Brooklyn hobbies sometime next week please call Brooklyn hobbies 718-951-2500 for price and availability.
Do you have to be on an Imaginary list to get one or first come first serve?
NOT a good way to do business !!!
__________________
Items for sale:

TURBO GFX>>>> http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4329165#post4329165
Tekin Battery Nurse >>>> http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4329173#post4329173

Thanks for looking
Drew_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 01:58 AM   #553
Tech Adept
 
mooony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 117
Default Copy cat Trinity

Trinity has done it again:

http://www.realrc.net/modules.php?na...rticle&sid=366

It just goes to show you that the spintec products are the best seeing one of the bigest in rc has to copy other peoples work. All I can say well done to spintec. Another product that will be copied by the rest.

Ronald
mooony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:27 AM   #554
Tech Regular
 
coons88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 311
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to coons88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooony
Trinity has done it again:

http://www.realrc.net/modules.php?na...rticle&sid=366

It just goes to show you that the spintec products are the best seeing one of the bigest in rc has to copy other peoples work. All I can say well done to spintec. Another product that will be copied by the rest.

Ronald
Thats only a discharger.

After charging my batteries back on my regular charger, I noticed a increase of about 400mah in charge numbers. I will see what discahrge numbers are tomorrow.
__________________
Associated TC6.1 | Hobbywing V3 | LRP X12 | Spektrum | Futaba | Reedy
coons88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:34 AM   #555
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooony
Trinity has done it again:

http://www.realrc.net/modules.php?na...rticle&sid=366

It just goes to show you that the spintec products are the best seeing one of the bigest in rc has to copy other peoples work. All I can say well done to spintec. Another product that will be copied by the rest.

Ronald

now that is the shinitz!!! no more problem with cells going below 0.9v. looks like trinity has been reading my posts. do i get some royalty
XingXing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spintec ICC Charger MDawson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-29-2008 09:05 AM
Spintec ICC charger ioxqq R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 07-15-2007 10:53 AM
Spintec ICC charger Dusty Kemp R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 10-27-2006 06:33 AM
Spintec Charger Nuno Gancho Electric On-Road 3 07-21-2006 04:32 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:39 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net