R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-26-2005, 02:33 PM   #166
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Hollowman

Hahaha, most people i meet in france or crete think holland is al about cheese,windmills en wood shoes witch we call ''klompen'' typical dutch is things you al don't know -> ''Boeren Kool'' ''Kroketten & Frikandellen'' and wah moe dah kostuh only the farmers say thay is there already a price in holland ?
Hollowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 08:07 PM   #167
Tech Addict

Can't imagine ! ....when this thing comes out, the market will be FLOODED with tons of 2nd hand chargers !

...and depending on what Eric meant by "fully adjustable", the market would also be FLOODED with 2nd hand MMS, MTS and various assorted motor run in devices !

Luckily Eric didn't say that this thing can be raced on the track by simply adding wheels!
Ghostfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 08:39 PM   #168
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Man, I get the same thing here... windmills & tulips.

I wish I could get my patatje oorlog met ui (fries with peanut sauce, mayonaise and onions) here in California. Maybe I should start a frietkraam (fries shop) and stroopwafel (caramel cookies) shop!!!

Do expat Dutch folks get first dibs on export assignments of this thing?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowman
Hahaha, most people i meet in france or crete think holland is al about cheese,windmills en wood shoes witch we call ''klompen'' typical dutch is things you al don't know -> ''Boeren Kool'' ''Kroketten & Frikandellen'' and wah moe dah kostuh only the farmers say thay is there already a price in holland ?

Last edited by Aparatchik; 10-27-2005 at 11:06 AM.
Aparatchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:41 AM   #169
Tech Regular

hi, was wondering if this would virtually eliminate the need for an ezuilizing tray... as essentially it is equlizing as it charges
Doomah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 02:51 AM   #170
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomah
hi, was wondering if this would virtually eliminate the need for an ezuilizing tray... as essentially it is equlizing as it charges

Nah...You need it to be equalise from discharge then only you can have an 'equalise' charge.

Eg...
1st cell=0.1,2nd cell=0.2

when charging...

1st cell=1+0.1=1.1
2nd cell=1+0.2=1.2

So you still must have an equalising tray...
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 03:41 AM   #171
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004

Ben. C,

Please don't take this offensively, but I feel doomah is right...

Your example is correct, but the benefit of the ICC is that each cell has its own delta peak detection, meaning that when the ICC detects a cell is full, it will not stop charging it... so in essence, it "disregards" the starting voltge, because the ICC will make sure no cell is over charged!

I could be wrong.... but that's the way i see it... once again.. not here to start a war, but to discuss the benefits of the ICC
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 03:48 AM   #172
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb2004
Ben. C,

Please don't take this offensively, but I feel doomah is right...

Your example is correct, but the benefit of the ICC is that each cell has its own delta peak detection, meaning that when the ICC detects a cell is full, it will not stop charging it... so in essence, it "disregards" the starting voltge, because the ICC will make sure no cell is over charged!

I could be wrong.... but that's the way i see it... once again.. not here to start a war, but to discuss the benefits of the ICC

nO nO...Man.... Peace...
Old 10-27-2005, 08:44 PM   #173
Tech Addict

Ben C, ......Newb and Doomah is correct, with normal chargers, charging stops when it detects the peak (average mv drop)

The reason we need all this discharger, EQ trays, etc is because the current generation of charger stops on the average peak i.e some cells fully charge, some slightly undercharged and some slightly overcharged. Those who have tried matching batteries will know that 2 cells with the same discharge capacity does not necessary have the same CHARGE capacity.
Without 1st equalising the pack, we risk serious overcharging and undercharging some cells.

With my GP AA/AAA charger, I can throw in AA cells with different stage of discharge and not worry about anyone of them getting overcharge (or undercharge)

Doomah, ....I think we can throw away our equalising trays once this charger comes out. Essentially we would now be equalising the cells at the top (Charge) stage instead of the bottom (Discharge) stage

However, what I am wondering is if we still require a discharger to bring the cells down to 0.9 / 0.8 / 0 V before charging as the current MiHd battery do not have memory effects.
Ghostfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 09:11 PM   #174
Tech Master

Ghostfit,

We probably don't need a tray to do that, because discharging our batteries to various stages will not matter. I would say discharging the pack until its average value is approximately 0.9v/cell should be sufficent because each cell's voltage will "bounce back" anyway.

I will let the ICC do the magic there.

However, I have a new question, if I have a fully charged pack sitting for 5 minutes, vs a fully charged pack sitting for 1 hr, what's the difference and why?
Old 10-28-2005, 12:38 AM   #175
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcnewb2004
Ghostfit,

We probably don't need a tray to do that, because discharging our batteries to various stages will not matter. I would say discharging the pack until its average value is approximately 0.9v/cell should be sufficent because each cell's voltage will "bounce back" anyway.

I will let the ICC do the magic there.

However, I have a new question, if I have a fully charged pack sitting for 5 minutes, vs a fully charged pack sitting for 1 hr, what's the difference and why?
The one sitting for an hr will have less capacity than the one sitting for only 5 mins.

All batteries suffer from a 'phenomenon' call 'Parasitic Leak'.It cannot hold charge forever....

You can go test out.You take a 1 hr cell and repeak it and see how much can the charger pump in.And compare with a 5 min cell.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:29 AM   #176
Tech Master

hmm.. what's happening during this "parasitic leak"?
Old 10-28-2005, 07:57 AM   #177
Tech Adept

Regarding the need for a discharge tray, remember the ICC can also individually DIScharge a pack! So the only reason why you might like to use a tray is if you want to store your packs in it, or if you like deadshorting.

The motor run in feature is adjustable, this means you can set voltage and runtime. Would you like any other motor run in features? Name it and we will make an update if possible.

No price has been set yet and it is not yet available, not even in Holland!

Hollowman, we do not sell directly so yes you should go to a shop like ROAL.
Erik Jonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:23 AM   #178
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Jonk
The motor run in feature is adjustable, this means you can set voltage and runtime. Would you like any other motor run in features? Name it and we will make an update if possible.
Please let there be a AMP Draw number while breaking in motors...just helps me see what direction my motor is going. And if at all possible an RPM sensor.
Oh yea..Have it cook up some pop corn while I am track side..
Thanks,
-Shookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:23 AM   #179
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Hollowman

I hope that the price is not to big, cause futaba has the same system and that is 500 euro's

so erik make us al happy by applying a affordable price

greetings form hollowman & holland
Hollowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 08:31 AM   #180
Tech Adept

One thing: the Futaba system is NOT the same. That one only measures each cell, it does not charge each cell individually!

Shookie, yep amd draw will be displayed. No RPM sensor in the basic unit. But there is a communication port on it, so could be in the future.

Popcorn will be an optional feature too later.
Erik Jonk is offline   Reply With Quote