Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
spintec I.C.C charger >

spintec I.C.C charger

spintec I.C.C charger

Old 06-24-2009, 07:17 PM
  #1486  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,039
Default

That is odd, I have had the charger for 3 years... charged a good number of packs on it, and never had it explode on me... but with no further update and support, makes this a paperweight while it still sits on my desk.
rcnewb2004 is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 04:22 PM
  #1487  
Tech Master
iTrader: (113)
 
balistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Littlerock Ca.
Posts: 1,852
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

I got an e-mail from Erik Jonk saying they could fix it if I ship it to the Neatherlands, Im now waiting for the RO and the address.

I am relieved to find out that they will fix it after finding out Horizon Hobbies stopped carrying them.
balistic is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 06:16 PM
  #1488  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 43
Default

I've got one, had it for years and it's awesome!!!!
Had one go poof but that would happen to most chargers if you try and force charge a dead cell that seemed to have shorted out inside
kiwirevo is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 06:16 PM
  #1489  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,039
Default

while u wait for the address from Erik Jonk, can you also ask him, when if ever is there going to be another update for the icc charger?
rcnewb2004 is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 06:27 PM
  #1490  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (64)
 
SpraydbySprague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Posts: 3,301
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kiwirevo View Post
I've got one, had it for years and it's awesome!!!!
Had one go poof but that would happen to most chargers if you try and force charge a dead cell that seemed to have shorted out inside

Which brings to mind an interesting question...

The infamous Intellect cells were all the rage when the I.C.C. first came out. Could the numerous charger failures been a result of the batteries? Makes one think...
SpraydbySprague is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 07:00 PM
  #1491  
Tech Master
iTrader: (113)
 
balistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Littlerock Ca.
Posts: 1,852
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague View Post
Which brings to mind an interesting question...

The infamous Intellect cells were all the rage when the I.C.C. first came out. Could the numerous charger failures been a result of the batteries? Makes one think...
just before it went I was charging intellect 3800s that I pulled out of a stick pack???????????????
balistic is offline  
Old 07-04-2009, 09:36 PM
  #1492  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 43
Default

What's funny is that I have always force charged Intellect cells that were reading 0 volts even though the ICC asks if you want to continue and it was fine, every time it revived the cell, and then first time it says it on EPs and it blows up the charger Oh well got a replacement and it's been awesome...
But just yesterday we approved Lipos in New Zealand so don't really need the ICC any more It's been a great charger though
kiwirevo is offline  
Old 07-04-2009, 11:17 PM
  #1493  
Tech Master
iTrader: (113)
 
balistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Littlerock Ca.
Posts: 1,852
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

July 4th and I am still waiting for the RO and address???????????????????????
balistic is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 11:46 AM
  #1494  
Tech Master
iTrader: (113)
 
balistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Littlerock Ca.
Posts: 1,852
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Two weeks into July and no word back Erik Jonk after he said they would fix it? with repeated e-mails to all three Spintec addresses I have.

Does anyone know who to talk to? This has reached the B&%*($)T category.

I had the charger working for four weeks and now it has been five weeks trying to get an address to have it serviced? Are you kidding? I don't know in what universe you could classify the communication I have received as approaching customer service.

I am getting to the point of e-mailing the entire e-mail thread to every hobby shop and distributor I can find that carries the I.C.C. just to rattle the cage!

I didn't get the nick name Balistic for being fast, It was my short fuse and reactions.
balistic is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 12:09 PM
  #1495  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Originally Posted by balistic View Post
Two weeks into July and no word back Erik Jonk after he said they would fix it? with repeated e-mails to all three Spintec addresses I have.

Does anyone know who to talk to? This has reached the B&%*($)T category.

I had the charger working for four weeks and now it has been five weeks trying to get an address to have it serviced? Are you kidding? I don't know in what universe you could classify the communication I have received as approaching customer service.

I am getting to the point of e-mailing the entire e-mail thread to every hobby shop and distributor I can find that carries the I.C.C. just to rattle the cage!

I didn't get the nick name Balistic for being fast, It was my short fuse and reactions.
He works here.
http://www.rc-connect.nl/home/index....ntact&Itemid=3
here is the adres from RC-Connect
You can fill in the form and ask if you can sent it to him.

He will not respond until you call him or e-mail again.
I only heard the same things. Everybody waits and waits and he almost never contact you again.
I buy noting more that comes from rc-connect.
I buy it in Hong Kong or Germany and the stuff that I buy here in the Netherlands comes not from him.

Don't worry he will let it be repaired but most of the time he will let you wait for a long time. A club member waited 4 weeks and when he called to
rc-connect, he heard that it wasn't send away to be repaired.
They call that service!!
mikky32 is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 12:43 PM
  #1496  
Tech Master
iTrader: (113)
 
balistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Littlerock Ca.
Posts: 1,852
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

I filled it out, I had to guess at the meaning of Onderwerp though?
balistic is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 12:47 PM
  #1497  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Originally Posted by balistic View Post
I filled it out, I had to guess at the meaning of Onderwerp though?
name
e-mail
Subject
and the big box is message.
mikky32 is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 12:49 PM
  #1498  
Tech Master
iTrader: (113)
 
balistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Littlerock Ca.
Posts: 1,852
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
name
e-mail
Subject
and the big box is message.
Then I guessed correctly and put Spintec I.C.C. in that box.

Thanks, Will
balistic is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 01:36 PM
  #1499  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Eric is a good guy

i guess just pissed off with a product that cost a lot to develop then shits its self when used

i sent 3 back then sold it ...........

think that is the bet for them .. get rid of it before it breaks again
sidecarphil1 is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 01:49 PM
  #1500  
Tech Master
iTrader: (113)
 
balistic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Littlerock Ca.
Posts: 1,852
Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
Eric is a good guy

i guess just pissed off with a product that cost a lot to develop then shits its self when used

i sent 3 back then sold it ...........

think that is the bet for them .. get rid of it before it breaks again
that solution doesn't work for me at the moment

I really liked the thing, I liked what it did. I would say double the size and weight and make it last.

The guy I bought it from has two that have never failed in three years and at least two of his customers are happy with theirs. If it hadn't failed I would be too, if they had given me the address to ship it back to I would be too.

I just hope i can get it fixed at some point soon so I can get some use out of it.
balistic is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.