Like Tree8Likes

JFT 1/12 tires

Reply

Old 02-18-2013, 02:58 PM
  #1  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (16)
 
J.Gonzalez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: connecticut
Posts: 2,409
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default JFT 1/12 tires

Has anyone run these yet?

Any feedback on compounds?

Looks like no one carries them stateside but xenon jp is selling them.

Let me know....
J.Gonzalez is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:26 PM
  #2  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Haven't tried those, but Ulti tires are imported from Japan by KO
Top notch wheels, and foam


For stock motors
X-Hard Front
X-Med Rear





http://www.shop.kopropoamerica.com/i...th=177_276_277
RedBullFiXX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:04 PM
  #3  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (35)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 617
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default hey

jamie , ask mark he ran some sunday
nazman01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:34 PM
  #4  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
Carl Giordano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Upper Saddle River, NJ
Posts: 2,354
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

hey Jamie, nice find, too bad i switched over the Josh's Z4 rims not too long ago, although still don't know where I'm going to get replacements once my inventory gets low... I will ask Robert at KO about what he would suggest for 13.5 blinky.. I'm currently running Z4 pink/purple combo front and rear...

new carpet tracked opened in NJ.. about 30 minutes from GWB... small as were turning 8.0 sec laps in 13.5... see you soon
Carl Giordano is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:54 PM
  #5  
Team EAM
iTrader: (79)
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,282
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano View Post
hey Jamie, nice find, too bad i switched over the Josh's Z4 rims not too long ago, although still don't know where I'm going to get replacements once my inventory gets low... I will ask Robert at KO about what he would suggest for 13.5 blinky.. I'm currently running Z4 pink/purple combo front and rear...

new carpet tracked opened in NJ.. about 30 minutes from GWB... small as were turning 8.0 sec laps in 13.5... see you soon
Carl,

You can get them through BSR now. They own the rights to the Z4 wheel and hubs and have them in stock. They were the ones mounting all the rubber for Josh when he was selling them also.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 10:56 AM
  #6  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 106
Default

Hi,

Is there a difference between the white and the grey wheels in stiffness?
Or is it just a different color?

Claude
toroloco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 12:42 PM
  #7  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 900
Default

JFT tyres are excellent. Wheels are well made, the glueing of the foam is very good and the compounds work well. Front wheel bearings fit exactly and the rears run true every time.

'C' foam is the equivalent of Yellow and Black Jaco - artificial rubber; 'A' Foam is the equivalent of Pink and Magenta-type tyres - natural rubber. In the UK we use 'A' foam - 30 rear (pink) and 32 front (magenta) on 13.5. If your club mainly uses yellow and black you'll need C foam. HTH
SlowerOne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 01:41 PM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,925
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SlowerOne View Post
JFT tyres are excellent. Wheels are well made, the glueing of the foam is very good and the compounds work well. Front wheel bearings fit exactly and the rears run true every time.

'C' foam is the equivalent of Yellow and Black Jaco - artificial rubber; 'A' Foam is the equivalent of Pink and Magenta-type tyres - natural rubber. In the UK we use 'A' foam - 30 rear (pink) and 32 front (magenta) on 13.5. If your club mainly uses yellow and black you'll need C foam. HTH
Actually, this is not entirely accurate. A foam is in fact the pink/ magenta family (otherwise known as Japanese Rubber) but the C Foam is actually the new Japanese Foam that has been popping up lately known as blue/green and double blue. JFT goes further with a softer rear than green which they call yellow, but is nothing like the synthetic type Jaco Yellow. They also have a green front. When our track gets really tacky and fuzzes, yellow rear green front is very good.

The C foam breaks down like this:
Front: green (30 shore)/ light blue (blue bsr- 35 shore)/ dark blue (double blue bsr- 40 shore)

Rear: yellow (25 shore)/ green (bsr green - 30 shore)/ light blue (bsr blue - 35 shore)
CristianTabush is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 01:28 AM
  #9  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 106
Default

Hi,
thanks for the answers but my question is not answered or maybe I didn't formulated it the right way.
There are two colors for the rims white and dark grey and I want to know if there is a difference other then the color ?
Thanks and sorry for mixed wheels and rims.

Claude
toroloco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:27 AM
  #10  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,925
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

From my knowledge there is only 1 color rim, Gray. If you are looking at the OEM Pictures, they are not the greatest, the shadow makes the fronts look almost white and the rears look like dark gray. However, the color is gray for both.
CristianTabush is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:42 AM
  #11  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
From my knowledge there is only 1 color rim, Gray. If you are looking at the OEM Pictures, they are not the greatest, the shadow makes the fronts look almost white and the rears look like dark gray. However, the color is gray for both.
Actually, JFT does have white wheels. Teru had some at MHIC this past spring. I ran them at the same time as I ran the grey rims, and noticed no difference between them.

I believe Xenon is also releasing some new soft rims sometime soon, in the same colours, and these new rims were on display at AOC at Yatabe this past weekend.
LloydLoar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:43 AM
  #12  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (19)
 
SLOWINSLOWOUT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West Kelowna, BC
Posts: 858
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Actually, this is not entirely accurate. A foam is in fact the pink/ magenta family (otherwise known as Japanese Rubber) but the C Foam is actually the new Japanese Foam that has been popping up lately known as blue/green and double blue. JFT goes further with a softer rear than green which they call yellow, but is nothing like the synthetic type Jaco Yellow. They also have a green front. When our track gets really tacky and fuzzes, yellow rear green front is very good.

The C foam breaks down like this:
Front: green (30 shore)/ light blue (blue bsr- 35 shore)/ dark blue (double blue bsr- 40 shore)

Rear: yellow (25 shore)/ green (bsr green - 30 shore)/ light blue (bsr blue - 35 shore)
Do you know if the Yokomo CRT tires are the same as the JFT C foam?
SLOWINSLOWOUT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:46 AM
  #13  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,925
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I have no idea on the CRT foams, have never ran them. However I have seen them advertised as Magenta/ Pink/ Etc... So Chances are they are the same as the A Type?

Thanks for the heads up on the wheels. I had not seen the white anywhere...
CristianTabush is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:22 AM
  #14  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 1,807
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SLOWINSLOWOUT View Post
Do you know if the Yokomo CRT tires are the same as the JFT C foam?
CRT-S tires are like JFT C foam.

CRT tires are like JFT A foam.
LloydLoar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:32 AM
  #15  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 106
Default

Hi,

Thanks for the input Christian.
Does anybody know the difference between Ulti Tyres X compound and the JFT C compound maybe the same foam from the same factory?

Claude
toroloco is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service