R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-06-2001, 08:05 AM   #31
Tech Regular

Well,

It works. That's what I was saying. I USED it this weekend and the difference is evident.

Why do you think it does not work? Have you tried it?

With a servo you have the response time of the servo. With an ESC you don't. It should work better on a electric car

Last edited by antoniop; 11-06-2001 at 08:26 AM.
antoniop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 08:26 AM   #32
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by antoniop
Well,

It works. That's what I was saying. I USED it this weekend and the difference is evident.

Why do you think it does not work? Have you tried it?

With a servo you have the responde time of the servo. With an ESC you don't. It should work better on a electric car
the braking frequency from a high end ESC does the job. I am using M8 and I have enable the ALB function too. I tried it with a servo and it just didnt give me that speed of ALB that could be applied to 1/10 electric car scale. the speed of ALB is just too low in frequency.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 08:50 AM   #33
Tech Regular

Too bad it didn't work for you.

I liked it. We probably run under very different conditions. That may be the reason.
antoniop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 08:54 AM   #34
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by antoniop
Too bad it didn't work for you.

I liked it. We probably run under very different conditions. That may be the reason.
actually, i have never tried here as I dont see the ALB speed can catch up the car speed in the corners. besides, we dont use brake at all for dual oneway setup.
Old 11-06-2001, 11:43 PM   #35
R/C Tech Founder

The Limited Edition M8 came with a small insert sheet that had instructions on how to activate the braking system. It's possible that the regular version did not come with it.

I paid $242.99 for my M8 LE from my local hobby shop. That's just for the radio and the module, no servos or a receiver. I heard from somebody that Tower has the LE listed for nearly $400? Damn. That's just crazy. (And here I thought *I* paid a lot!)

The M8 LE does not have any sort of serial number on it that I can see, at least nothing that appears to be a LE serial number. You can tell it's the LE, however, from the black buttons, black antenna, and the display switch. And the blue light, of course.
Old 11-07-2001, 04:00 AM   #36
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
The Limited Edition M8 came with a small insert sheet that had instructions on how to activate the braking system. It's possible that the regular version did not come with it.

I paid $242.99 for my M8 LE from my local hobby shop. That's just for the radio and the module, no servos or a receiver. I heard from somebody that Tower has the LE listed for nearly $400? Damn. That's just crazy. (And here I thought *I* paid a lot!)

The M8 LE does not have any sort of serial number on it that I can see, at least nothing that appears to be a LE serial number. You can tell it's the LE, however, from the black buttons, black antenna, and the display switch. And the blue light, of course.
Cool, I am getting one with servo (cheap ones) and mini receiver but the price is a bit lower here. I am using the original M8 right now.
Old 11-07-2001, 11:49 AM   #37
R/C Tech Founder

Yea, here in the US they are only available as the radio/module combo with no electrics. At least, as far as I know...
Old 12-01-2001, 05:21 AM   #38
Tech Master

I don't think they should called it LE / limited when there is no serial number at all. M8-II may be better/decent name rather than trying to misslead the point. I would say, cheap advertising technique.

Don't get it wrong, I have both the regular M8 and EX1 mars as well as the type 2000R mars which is trully limited. Love both models.
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 06:46 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to GregH

Can anyone help me figure out which blue LED bulb is used in the LE??? Thanks
GregH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2001, 07:32 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to GregH

Has anyone ever tried to replace the bulb before?
GregH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 05:04 PM   #41
Tech Regular

If you want to feel the effect of ABL in Electric you must set the EPA on you breake at least 90 on both speed control and M8. Also set the speed of ABL to around 7-10. I worked on my Robitronics Spirit ESC and helped make a safe hard breaking even if you use front one way.

The Blue LED is basically the same 1.5 volt LED that you can get at electronic shop. Just open the case and you can see the internal PCB with Red LCD. Desolder it, and replace with the blue one, voila...!

To make M8 look like the LE version, you can replace the antenna with Ko Mars EX1 black ant. It's longer and all black. To make the LCD blue, you can simulate by placing a blue transparant plastic over it. Paint all silver parts to black. That's the cheapest way to make your M8 looks like LE
MissX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 05:22 PM   #42
Tech Apprentice

Or you can get someone to backlight it blue and he even matches the LED. I had my KO Mars done and it is sweet!

from another site:

I've been doing electroluminescent backlighting in chargers, radios, dischargers, etc for people. My prices are based on what equipment you want done. It's generally $50-70, depending on the difficulty of the installation and the size of the display. Most items are $50, but the M8 is $70 (due to the size and difficulty of installation). I also change the power LED to match the display color. The available colors are blue, green, white, red, yellow/green, and yellow/orange.

I live in Austin, Texas. I'll pay return shipping in most cases.

Email me or give me a call at (512)736-9731 for more info.

John Hale

Contact Information
Contact Person: AustinTX
Contact Email: [email protected]
RacerTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2001, 05:29 PM   #43
R/C Tech Founder

If anybody is interested, I posted the R/C Tech Review of the M8 Limited Edition.

Check it out here:
http://www.rctech.net/pages/reviews.shtml
Old 12-07-2001, 07:34 PM   #44
Tech Fanatic

Control Centre in HK is selling the LE M8 for 293USD with receiver, and two servos!!
rccarracer is offline   Reply With Quote