R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-08-2001, 12:21 AM   #16
Tech Master

what's the number of model memory a limited M8 has??? and what about the regular M8?
TRF-Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 02:31 AM   #17
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I believe the M8 has a 10-model memory.

Not sure what Tower's been smoking, but Horizon has it listed at $288 on their site. Still pretty expensive for a radio/module combo, I suppose. I am sure the price will drop a bit when it is released...
futureal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 01:36 PM   #18
Tech Master

so the only difference of the limited edition radio is only the black antenna, and backlit, and the black input buttons???
Old 10-08-2001, 08:38 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Just got my Mars backlit by John Hale and it looks great. I would recommend his work to anyone. He even matched my power LED to my backlight color. I've seen an M8 that he did and it looks just like the LE. Just put on a black antennae and it would be hard to tell the difference. Backlighting is great for those dark drivers stands.

[email protected]
RacerTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 12:40 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RacerTex: Just curious what color backlighting did you get? How quick was the turn around on the work he did for you?
WailinOnYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 01:21 AM   #21
Tech Master

how limited is this new limited M8???? There are only 2000 Mars limited made... which made that radio more collectable than other radios nowadays.... is the M8 gonna be the same? only few hundreds/thousands made??
Old 10-09-2001, 06:25 AM   #22
Tech Apprentice

WailinOnYa: The turn around was basically one day. But I live in the same city. He told me it takes about 3-4 hours to get one done and that the M8 was the biggest pain because of how the circuit boards were layed out. I got an orange display and LED to match the trim on my Mars. It looks great and if I had another radio, I'd get that backlit too.
RacerTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 09:29 AM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

The LE M8 also has a blue power on LED. There were photos on a Japanese web site "joybox" some months ago.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 01:07 AM   #24
R/C Tech Founder

Well, I got my M8 LE. It's great! Best radio I've owned, and definitely worth the price. I honestly haven't used the backlight feature too much, but when I'm making adjustments on the stand it comes in very handy.

One question: can anybody recommend some sort of transmitter bag or carrying case that will fit the M8? Right now I am just carrying it to and fro along with my bags and car, but I'd like to get a little protection for it. I know Dirtbagz makes some cases for transmitters, are they any good and will they fit the M8?

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2001, 02:17 AM   #25
Regional Moderator

futureal, how much is the M8 LE... ? With servo or not??
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 02:37 AM   #26
Tech Regular

i've seen semi hardcase made by Sanwa specifically for M8 (and may even fit CX2P). a little pricey but look really good ...

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
Well, I got my M8 LE. It's great! Best radio I've owned, and definitely worth the price. I honestly haven't used the backlight feature too much, but when I'm making adjustments on the stand it comes in very handy.

One question: can anybody recommend some sort of transmitter bag or carrying case that will fit the M8? Right now I am just carrying it to and fro along with my bags and car, but I'd like to get a little protection for it. I know Dirtbagz makes some cases for transmitters, are they any good and will they fit the M8?

Thanks!
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 03:07 AM   #27
Tech Regular

I got a new M8 and I have to say it's a blast. It's not the LE but the only differences seem to be the light on the panel and the blue LED.

And as soon as I put my hands on it, I configured ABS....

You guys may want to know how it's done (because it's hidden due to some patent problems with Futaba). Email me.

I've used it with front one way and it is much better than regular brakes.

You can configure the threshold in which ABS strarts, amplitude of pulse, speed of pulse.

Incredible how this thing is hidden on the software.

I think that this might be one of the best radios that I've got. My glitches are OVER.
antoniop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 03:38 AM   #28
Regional Moderator

antoniop : do you mean ALB menu? I think ABS is not good for Servo (GP) and Motor (EP).
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 04:31 AM   #29
Tech Regular

Yes,

It's it's called ALB on the M8 (Anti Lock Braking). It's the same as ABS (Antilock Braking System)

I used it with an electric, and the principle applies to both types.

It's quite effective. The servo may take some hit in the case of a GP car, but an ESC can handle the hit perfectly. There's not the issue of response time (like a servo).

The motor does not seem to suffer that much. The comm is in good shape and the brushes also.

I tried just to check the implications and I've seen no adverse effects, on the contrary the ABS helps a lot in controlled braking with a one way.

Last edited by antoniop; 11-06-2001 at 05:06 AM.
antoniop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2001, 07:22 AM   #30
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by antoniop
Yes,

It's it's called ALB on the M8 (Anti Lock Braking). It's the same as ABS (Antilock Braking System)

I used it with an electric, and the principle applies to both types.

It's quite effective. The servo may take some hit in the case of a GP car, but an ESC can handle the hit perfectly. There's not the issue of response time (like a servo).

The motor does not seem to suffer that much. The comm is in good shape and the brushes also.

I tried just to check the implications and I've seen no adverse effects, on the contrary the ABS helps a lot in controlled braking with a one way.
i doubt if the ALB works on electric power car. the ALB function should be applied to gas power cars.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote