Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
unbelieveable deal on 3000mah 7-cell packs or did I get screwed? >

unbelieveable deal on 3000mah 7-cell packs or did I get screwed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

unbelieveable deal on 3000mah 7-cell packs or did I get screwed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 08:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Default unbelieveable deal on 3000mah 7-cell packs or did I get screwed?

I just bought this 2 pack of 7 cell 3000mahs batteries for my friends new stampede, why are they so cheap compared to other batteries? They don't look too crappy but what do you guys think? Will the performance be a lot worse than say gp3300s?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...971393213&rd=1

The guy who sold it is awesome though, shipped it out right after I bought it.

Thanks
Old 04-26-2005, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Well.... if its too good to be true.... it likely is...

You really have no idea what cells they are, though for the use you have planned for them they are fine.

If you aren't racing there is no need to even spend $50 on a battery pack, let alone $100+
Old 04-26-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks thats what I thought.. its just that everyone tells me to get gp3300's and it will really "wake up" the truck.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by NormanNormal
Thanks thats what I thought.. its just that everyone tells me to get gp3300's and it will really "wake up" the truck.
well..........it is really depends on how far you want to go.....
Pro racer type pro match batteris, ie GP3300 can be as high as $90 per 6.......cause their output/runtime is no $25 deal.

Yours is no brand batteries, not matched, low output.......and I do not think you've got ripped off..........you just got the lower quality of batteries, that's all.

No one will pay $90 for a pack of batteries to power a cooling fan to cool down their $25 batteries....but ppl will pay $90 for a pack of race batteries to win a $25 touphy.........
Old 04-26-2005, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Default batt deal

prob not a bad deal on the batt's but man he stuck it to you on the shipping.
go to promatchracing.com--- check out all the pack deals and pay a few==== not $14 bucks for shipping.
I didn't look at all the deals but they have geat batts--- verifiable #'s a business history you can check and recomendations all over the place.
Not saying these batts are bad or seller not reputable --- just that you can get as good if not better deals from the guys who match the batts( there are many not just promatch) and you can rely on them.

later,
Darrald
Old 04-26-2005, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I bought a couple of those packs for my rustler just to play around with, if you have been using 1500 0r 1800 batteries you are going to like the power difference. And a 7 cell cheap pack will put out more power than a 6 cell $90 pack anyway, makes for good fun in the backyard!