R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-05-2005, 12:28 PM   #106
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by EddieO
The Novak has been approved and can be run....its a teardown, so they can run anything based on that teardown.

The LRP/Reedy unit has not.....

The deviation no longer exsists, so they can only run approved motors.

Later EddieO
Do you really believe that's how it'll pan out though? Or will ROAR band-aid the situation by quickly approving the LRP/Reedy and new Noval systems?
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 04:18 PM   #107
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by DerekB
I'm not arguing with you, sorry you feel that way. I wanted to know since most of the time people feel slighted or left out is because they don't know the other half of the story. Do you know how much of a problem that ruling caused at the Nats? I'm sure, but do you know it was because IFMAR (who honestly doesn't care about oval since it's a US thing) legalized it with the same dumb rules for off-road. That's what most companies are bitching about. I'm not sure if the time was somethign that was planned since most of the stuff the do isn't "planned" I watch and listen to all racing and there's just as much complaining about ROAR at off road races.

I'm not challenging you about pan cars, but the truth is they are not popular in this country or the world. There of course are pockets of popularity in lots of places but we can assume because at your track there's more 1/12 scale (one of my favorite classes) that the country is the same. I see the country and I don't see that. Which doesn't mean I'm against it, but I can put things in a much more global scale because of what I do and who tells me things. I think half the issue is that oval guys, TC guys look at what's good for them and not the entire industry. Something that should be over come.
Dude start driving around some more because you missed a lot of stuff.

12 scale is big here in florida also we are getting more newbies everyday.
Poeple have gotten tired of touring and 12 scale is on the rise!
Bet you Fifty dollars at the roar nationals here in Florida there will be at least 50 12 scales racing! By the way we run asphalt!
Here on the eastcoast and midwest we still race 12 scales!
Old 05-05-2005, 04:31 PM   #108
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
Dude start driving around some more because you missed a lot of stuff.

12 scale is big here in florida also we are getting more newbies everyday.
Poeple have gotten tired of touring and 12 scale is on the rise!
Bet you Fifty dollars at the roar nationals here in Florida there will be at least 50 12 scales racing! By the way we run asphalt!
Here on the eastcoast and midwest we still race 12 scales!

Again, you're talking local. When I have big companies telling me they don't sell cars and world wide the class is small then I dont' know what I'm talking about? come on. Read what I said, if you want to continue to argue I'm always ready, but why do we like to stretch the truth about some things and want the truth about others.

1/12 scale is great, it would be nice to see it gain in popularity, but truth is in the scheme of things it's a smaller niche of the hobby. Im not defending or putting down any "class" just stating the facts that some are smaller than others.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:00 PM   #109
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The system does not get approved, just the teardown does. They can wind it how they need (7-14 turn or whatever).

Novaks issue has been the speed control....same with LRP....no clue what the hold up is on the Reedy Motor.....

All Reedy has to do is submit the motor and make them available.....and its legit.

Anything novak brings to the race based on the teardown is legal......ROAR doesn't approve each wind, just the teardown itself.

Later EddieO
Old 05-05-2005, 05:39 PM   #110
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by DerekB
... just stating the facts that some are smaller than others.
Whoa, I don't know for sure, but thats getting pretty personal. Lets keep things nice.

E
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 06:02 PM   #111
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by EricF
Whoa, I don't know for sure, but thats getting pretty personal. Lets keep things nice.

E
What? I'm personal by saying some classes have smaller participants than others?
Old 05-05-2005, 06:15 PM   #112
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I think that went over your head, lol
pimpedaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 06:33 PM   #113
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by pimpedaccord
I think that went over your head, lol
Actually I get the reference, just didn't want somebody else thinking that it was a knock at my good friend SpeedXL
Old 05-05-2005, 07:59 PM   #114
Tech Elite

All cool between you and I.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:29 PM   #115
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hector, the reason you can't see anything about pancars in the magazines anymore is because they're too busy force feeding us nitro crap.....

2016 & 2017 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 11:22 PM   #116
Tech Master

ASM,

How do we force feed nitro? We follow industry trends and what's hot in the hobby. There isn't a magazine out there that survives on what was yesterday. If you could direct me to all the new pan car stuff I'd be happy to put some of that in the magazine. But I can list the pan cars on a few fingers. But Again, I'm not here to argue what people like. I like 1/12, but there's a handful that do it out here. But on any given Saturday series you'll have over 100 racers just in 1/8 scale and another 80 for monster truck. Also in a 75 mile radius there's 5 off road tracks, 3 on-road and I can't say much pan car action is happening. There is an oval series and I haven't see what they draw, but it's more of a once a month thing, where as the other classes are multiple times a week.

Old 05-06-2005, 04:10 AM   #117
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

May I chime in here on this off the subject topic- Not everything is centered around California. There is a East Coast and Florida.
By the way I still am waiting for my copy to be delivered from the post office.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 05:57 AM   #118
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Derek, for not wanting to argue, you sure do feel the need offer your opinion on any post that you don't happen to agree with. I was joking with Hector!

2016 & 2017 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 07:36 AM   #119
Tech Elite

I understand cali is as you say Derek. But even at the big events on the east coast, even the big factory hot shoe still race them. Baker , Kinwald, Toso, Lameux, Doseck, Orr, And black stock to name a few in europe they still run the cars with huge turnouts as well as in japan. They still get over 150 entrants to some of these events. Dang they still race pro ten and hold national events that draw over 120 entries.
At the world level they still run it granted at the worlds here the entry list was small but hold the event in europe, or asia and everything changes,
You guys may not be forcing nitro. But if thats all that you show, then that is what the people will only see.
There may not be a ton of new products outthere, but there have been new cars introduced a whole slew of conversion kits parma got back into tires for RC, Calandra has some new cool stuff. Take a couple hours surf the product lines of the guys that make pancar stuff and you will see there is quite a bit of new products out there.
When they still make cars and introduce new stuff it may not be as fazed out as you make it!

Plus derek I dont think we are arguing!
I look at it as if we are just giving our own opinions. I still read XRC its a favorite. I will be at the reedy in may. Maybe we all can sit down and have a beer and have a laugh about the internet.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:41 AM   #120
Tech Addict

derek-we get like 7 1/12 scale racers at our track so it must be HUGE everywhere else across the country too...why arent you there covering it......
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote