R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-02-2005, 11:59 AM   #76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by SammyXp
AWESOME article. Kudos to Derek for breaking new ground with these interviews (Toso, and now Provetti).
Now, Bring on the interviews with other industry "hooligans" like Kortz, and Doseck etc.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 12:26 PM   #77
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by CypressMidWest
Now, Bring on the interviews with other industry "hooligans" like Kortz, and Doseck etc.

The next series of articles should be titled the "bad boys of RC"
Old 05-02-2005, 12:32 PM   #78
Tech Regular

Quote:
That's Funny. If you were an off-road racer, you had no problems.

If you ran anything else, you were ignored, or at best treated as a second class citizen.
lol, I know how that is now...just change off road to oval lol (at my track not the country at large)
new92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:33 PM   #79
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by new92
lol, I know how that is now...just change off road to oval lol (at my track not the country at large)
No, it's pretty much the country at large. Pan cars have long been shunned by our nation's primary sanctioning body, whether they be roadcourse or LTO. I just thank God for touring cars. If not for TC's ROAR would have no rules for any on-road class but 1/8th scale.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
Old 05-02-2005, 05:17 PM   #80
Tech Regular

I was meaning that oval dominates everything in the Jacksonville, North FL area. Until the last few weeks we would be lucky to get 4 people running touring with 40+ in oval.
new92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:31 PM   #81
Tech Master

Quote:
No, it's pretty much the country at large. Pan cars have long been shunned by our nation's primary sanctioning body, whether they be roadcourse or LTO. I just thank God for touring cars. If not for TC's ROAR would have no rules for any on-road class but 1/8th scale.
Can I ask what exactly shunned means? There's paved and carpet nats for oval. What else would you think is required? I'm sure there's regionals, but if there's not enough people to make a decent regionals how much attention do you really think it deserves?

Oval probably has some of the best rules out there because they've been around. They also have a few big races around the country. I know you all hate to hear this but pan cars are very rare to race. Fun they are, but popular no.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:55 PM   #82
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

Quote:
People complain about the poor(er) quality and consistency of stock motors. With a $40.00 retail price cap, there is only so much manufacturers can do. If that were raised, motors could be made better and would be faster than what we have now.

this 40 dallar cap is very reasonable... you wont pay that from trinity.... But you will from a motor builder... Who mind you buys motors by the case.. at 17-22 dollars each roughly depending on quantity... so you honestly think its worth 18-23 dollars to buy a tuned motor????? i think it is price gouging...

want a better motor that cost more?? run mod.. People keep asking for a faster stock motor... ITS STOCK>> its supose to be slower... but more even.. thats how the class works.. want more speed.. run 19t or mod.. thats how it always has been and will be... Ive been racing for 17 years// and trust me stock motors have come quite a ways..
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 09:45 PM   #83
Tech Apprentice

Default OK, it's time to put up...

I'm no ROAR fan either, BUT....

I'm waiting to see all of those bitching, complaining and how to fixers,,,, FIX IT or come up with an alternative.

I would like to see everyone that is pointing out all of the things that are wrong, fix it themselves.

As Nike has so expensively put it, "JUST DO IT".

No more talk, no more complaining, no more...

JUST DO IT...
blownawayig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 09:41 AM   #84
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by DerekB
Can I ask what exactly shunned means?
Perhaps it means little to no magazine coverage?

I know they are talking about ROAR, but I couldn't resist! lol
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:03 AM   #85
Tech Addict

whatever your bitch about roar, its still better than norrca...what a halfheartedly run organization that is....that body has been dead for awhile now....
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 11:05 AM   #86
Tech Elite

Quote:
Can I ask what exactly shunned means? There's paved and carpet nats for oval. What else would you think is required? I'm sure there's regionals, but if there's not enough people to make a decent regionals how much attention do you really think it deserves?

Oval probably has some of the best rules out there because they've been around. They also have a few big races around the country. I know you all hate to hear this but pan cars are very rare to race. Fun they are, but popular no.
Derek, I have respect for ya, but I always find myself arguing with you. Here in the Midwest pan cars are actually QUITE POPULAR. It's not uncommon to walk into some of the carpet tracks here and see twice as many 12th scale cars as TC's.

I wasn't referring to the availability of races. ROAR will let ANYBODY host a National, (Hobby Chamber for example) , my point is that ROAR takes an active role in governing the Off-Road Crap, and treats On-Road racing like the red-headed stepchild. Hell, they barely even acknowledge Oval exists. Want proof? Do ya think they'd have pulled this whole Brushed vs. Brushless crap two weeks before the Off-Road Nats? And if they did, do you think they'd have let any of the manufacturers run prototype systems. Hell no they wouldn't.

Oval rules are what they are now because of ARCOR. ROAR's merely following their lead.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:10 AM   #87
Tech Elite

Default Re: OK, it's time to put up...

Quote:
Originally posted by blownawayig
I'm no ROAR fan either, BUT....

I'm waiting to see all of those bitching, complaining and how to fixers,,,, FIX IT or come up with an alternative.

I would like to see everyone that is pointing out all of the things that are wrong, fix it themselves.

As Nike has so expensively put it, "JUST DO IT".

No more talk, no more complaining, no more...

JUST DO IT...
Given the resources, and the assurance that a new sanctioning body could assume ROAR's position within the structure of IFMAR, I'm sure there's more than a few people who'd be willing to do it. Start over, clean slate, and try to do it right this time.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:13 PM   #88
Tech Master

Quote:
Derek, I have respect for ya, but I always find myself arguing with you. Here in the Midwest pan cars are actually QUITE POPULAR. It's not uncommon to walk into some of the carpet tracks here and see twice as many 12th scale cars as TC's.

I wasn't referring to the availability of races. ROAR will let ANYBODY host a National, (Hobby Chamber for example) , my point is that ROAR takes an active role in governing the Off-Road Crap, and treats On-Road racing like the red-headed stepchild. Hell, they barely even acknowledge Oval exists. Want proof? Do ya think they'd have pulled this whole Brushed vs. Brushless crap two weeks before the Off-Road Nats? And if they did, do you think they'd have let any of the manufacturers run prototype systems. Hell no they wouldn't.

Oval rules are what they are now because of ARCOR. ROAR's merely following their lead.
I'm not arguing with you, sorry you feel that way. I wanted to know since most of the time people feel slighted or left out is because they don't know the other half of the story. Do you know how much of a problem that ruling caused at the Nats? I'm sure, but do you know it was because IFMAR (who honestly doesn't care about oval since it's a US thing) legalized it with the same dumb rules for off-road. That's what most companies are bitching about. I'm not sure if the time was somethign that was planned since most of the stuff the do isn't "planned" I watch and listen to all racing and there's just as much complaining about ROAR at off road races.

I'm not challenging you about pan cars, but the truth is they are not popular in this country or the world. There of course are pockets of popularity in lots of places but we can assume because at your track there's more 1/12 scale (one of my favorite classes) that the country is the same. I see the country and I don't see that. Which doesn't mean I'm against it, but I can put things in a much more global scale because of what I do and who tells me things. I think half the issue is that oval guys, TC guys look at what's good for them and not the entire industry. Something that should be over come.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:24 PM   #89
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

Quote:
[i]

Oval rules are what they are now because of ARCOR. ROAR's merely following their lead. [/B]
I agree about this statement.. BUT i wish they would follow arcor alot more... ARCOR is a great organisation.. however it is strickly oval.. i think that is why it is so good...

i also think NORRCA as far as oval goes is great as well... IM not up to date on the rest of the classes...

ROAR as of the last few oval nats, has done some weird stuff.. Mainly making rulechanges or exeptions to rules 1-2 weeks befor the race.. ive even seen some rules bypassed at the races... why have rules... ROAR is the most expensive as far as membership.. 30 dollars.. arcor and norrca are less... seems like alot of extra money going where????
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 02:48 PM   #90
Tech Elite

Quote:
I'm not arguing with you, sorry you feel that way. I wanted to know since most of the time people feel slighted or left out is because they don't know the other half of the story. Do you know how much of a problem that ruling caused at the Nats? I'm sure, but do you know it was because IFMAR (who honestly doesn't care about oval since it's a US thing) legalized it with the same dumb rules for off-road. That's what most companies are bitching about. I'm not sure if the time was somethign that was planned since most of the stuff the do isn't "planned" I watch and listen to all racing and there's just as much complaining about ROAR at off road races.

I'm not challenging you about pan cars, but the truth is they are not popular in this country or the world. There of course are pockets of popularity in lots of places but we can assume because at your track there's more 1/12 scale (one of my favorite classes) that the country is the same. I see the country and I don't see that. Which doesn't mean I'm against it, but I can put things in a much more global scale because of what I do and who tells me things. I think half the issue is that oval guys, TC guys look at what's good for them and not the entire industry. Something that should be over come.
It's cool Derek, I'm a 12th scaler not an Oval guy. I understand that 12th scale is a niche segment of the industry. I've been doing for this 17 years, and when I started you ran 2wd Buggy during the summer and in the fall and winter you ran 12th scale. When the BIG BOOM happened and indoor Dirt tracks started popping up everywhere, 12th scale began to decline. Believe me, I understand the GLOBAL nature of the hobby. I understand that pan cars are less popular, but the Carpet Nats is a TC race too. Do you honestly believe Roar would do something stupid like that before the Off-Road Nats? There's no way.

I don't feel that TC racers or Oval racers look only at what is good for their respective classes at all, but by that same token are the off-roaders or Nitro guys concerning themselves with any issues outside of their ranks? Highly unlikely. I'm not sure why ROAR couldn't have made this decision, and implemented it in the downtime between MAJOR ELECTRIC NATIONALS. Would that have been so hard?