R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-06-2005, 02:55 PM   #151
CGR
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by losi jon

also-belive me when i say i know the world doesnt revolve around California,it revolves around las vegas and a little place called Olympic Gardens and Spearmint Rhino...
I hope you are joking OG and the rhino are nowhere near the best places in vegas. Unless you like the 2nd floor at OG
Old 05-06-2005, 02:57 PM   #152
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by CGR
I hope you are joking OG and the rhino are nowhere near the best places in vegas. Unless you like the 2nd floor at OG
I like 'em both better than the Cheeteah....
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 03:07 PM   #153
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hodapp Send a message via Yahoo to Hodapp

I already emailed the big guy himself and told him how much I enjoyed the interview. Very well done!
Hodapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 03:28 PM   #154
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by CGR

dude,last time i was at OG the second floor was for the ladies so no i dont even venture anywhere near that area...sad to hear that you do though....unless your happy with that and all.
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 08:44 PM   #155
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Damm Jon you are multi-talented..You CAN type and piss off people at the same time.. Wana trade radios anytime soon.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:16 PM   #156
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxkat
Damm Jon you are multi-talented..You CAN type and piss off people at the same time.. Wana trade radios anytime soon.

Mike-i thought you already knew that...yeah on the radio..when?are you sure you are just waiting on the cabinets????
Old 05-06-2005, 11:20 PM   #157
Tech Lord

Well carpet also..and the scoring program..and the the list goes on.. but we will be open some time in May,now we just need to get Shane and Derek to come up and race when we open.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:29 AM   #158
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to fabolousRC Send a message via Yahoo to fabolousRC

I read the article recently and honestly, I can understand his business views. What I cannot understand is his business practices. How many exclusive rights he had acquired for the past 20 something years? A LOT. How many decent products for the masses, meaning the most value for your money, he has come up with from those 20 something years? Not that many years. What he is preaching and what he is producing does not add up!

The only reason why people still buy his product is because of the name. Nothing else. Once people found out that there are better things in R/C life other than buying Trinity, people moved on. I did.
fabolousRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 10:33 AM   #159
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by fabolousRC
I read the article recently and honestly, I can understand his business views. What I cannot understand is his business practices. How many exclusive rights he had acquired for the past 20 something years? A LOT. How many decent products for the masses, meaning the most value for your money, he has come up with from those 20 something years? Not that many years. What he is preaching and what he is producing does not add up!

The only reason why people still buy his product is because of the name. Nothing else. Once people found out that there are better things in R/C life other than buying Trinity, people moved on. I did.

smaller motor builders have a choice and they still by his oem teardowns..??????
Old 05-07-2005, 10:35 AM   #160
Tech Addict

DerekB-up for some carpet racing at a soon to be new track???i'll buy you lunch. (includes beer)...

it's in central cali,so not too far for you...bring the 1/12 scale.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:10 AM   #161
Tech Master

Where is the track being built. Central Cali is still a pretty decent haul, but I'm willing to take a drive every once in a while.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:37 AM   #162
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by fabolousRC

You might be surprise that some very successful people in business actually think bribery is a legit business deal and IMO, bad people never think they are bad. Firms also occasionally resort to bribery, which also results in a decline in market competition. Bribes serve as a barrier to others entering the market and 20 years is a long time to be profitable.

Bribery is a practice involving the payment or remuneration of an agent of some organization to do things that are inconsistent with the purpose of his or her position. For examples, paying a buyer (who should be seeking the best products for the money) to buy your products. hint *someone getting $500 a month for buying a certain brand or for not buying a certain brand.* hint
RickyIS300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 11:55 AM   #163
Tech Addict

Derek-Kingsburg..about an hour north of Bakersfield.....xxxkat is the one building it...indoor carpet (ozite) pt system....hobby shop...will be touring...1/12 scale. and oval...anything i missed mike?
Old 05-07-2005, 08:49 PM   #164
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by losi jon
Derek-Kingsburg..about an hour north of Bakersfield.....xxxkat is the one building it...indoor carpet (ozite) pt system....hobby shop...will be touring...1/12 scale. and oval...anything i missed mike?

xxxkat, doesn't he hate me or the magazine? Or am I remembering something else, lol.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:29 PM   #165
Tech Lord

Oh hell no..Xtreme is the best.. I do enjoy reading it every month,You and Shane are both welcome anytime.It's about 2 1/2 hour drive,and I'll buy..