Originally posted by EddieO
Derek needs a beer!

Later EddieO
I do. Ship days are always so much fun.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:07 PM   #138
CGR
Tech Regular

A few points.

Great Article, make it a monthly thing (the Big Ern, Toss type interviews). NJ Derek

Big Ern runs a business, he is rather fgood at it and I never fault someone for being succsessful. If he was such douche and put out such crap no one would buy it and he wouldn't be one of the most succsessful companies in the industry.

I buy his stuff cautiously, not because of who he is but because they sometimes sell crap along with the good stuff.

12th scale - you guys are seriously whiny. Do all 12 scale kits come with a sandy meat wallet or something? Lighten up already.

Lastly, XRC needs more tubgirl.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:11 PM   #139
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by DerekB
Except, where is all this 1/8 on road and 1/5th scale stuff you're talking about. In the past 2 years I can remember 2 1/8 onroad reviews, (maybe 3) and 2 1/5th. We've also review the latest 1/12 scale cars that come to us. I can't tell you how many times I've said to Frand and Bruce to send a kit in for review. Those who advertise and send kits to us make it almot 100% that you'll see that kit in a review. So when you're looking to blame somebody start with the company. It took me a year and a half to get a Custom Works oval car. 2 years of asking for the Carpet Knife, and so on.

If you want to just continue to be angry arguing guy I'm not sure I want to continue discussing things. release the anger my friend, this is part of the attitude of RC in general...all the hate for every other class.
It's not anger, it's just my opinion. I understand that Frank and Bruce don't send the cars to you guys. They, like myself, don't see the point. I wasn't angry, I capitalized certain words to emphasize the point. It's kinda like voice modulation while speaking, no rage intended. I do however, get a bit defensive when the "West Coast" community downplays classes that are more popular than they believe them to be. I understand that you're a world traveller who goes to the trade shows, and covers many major events, and your business connections are obviously far greater than the majority of the guys on the board, but there are more than a few niches of our little class in the world. Just as you say that going to a race like Cleveland can skew one's perception of a class, so too can going to Holland for a dirt race. If you're covering the race and at the track as long as you need to be to cover said race, (and your coverage shows that you are), you don't exactly get a picture of the whole racing scene in that country do ya?

Sorry if this has been taken as an outpouring of hostility, because it's not. I merely trying to illustrate that 12th scale is not a dead science, and you'd be surprised how many of the 12th scale racers are roar members when compared to other classes percentage wise. I mean ROAR participation and lack of results is how this whole argument started isn't it?

Come to Cleveland with Jeff this year Derek, We'll do Jaeger shots as soon as my duties in the scoring tower conclude.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:12 PM   #140
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by CypressMidWest
Ahhh, we only get seven 12th scales at my track in Cali, so it must be a dead class.... Blah, blah blah. Cali is far from the center of the Universe. It's more akin to hell. It's okay though, pretty soon nobody'll be able to run Nitro out there. I heard that there's legilastion on the way for Trackside Emissions testing.....

hey jackass....it wouldnt matter where i'm from and that wasnt even included in the post....its the fact that some people NO MATTER WHERE they are located think that a certain class is big that the magazines should rush to cover it...and i wouldnt exactly call where you live a thriving state...with two dumpholes like Cincinnati and Cleveland....
losi jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 02:15 PM   #141
Tech Addict

by the way Cypress...it's not about left coasters not seeing it...so you get a good turnout at one huge race a year...with over 700 entries i hope the hell so

by the way i race 1/12 but i know its not a huge class and dont expect to see any coverage of it anytime soon. sorry you midwesterners are to prejudiced to see it......
Old 05-06-2005, 02:20 PM   #142
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by losi jon
hey jackass....it wouldnt matter where i'm from and that wasnt even included in the post....its the fact that some people NO MATTER WHERE they are located think that a certain class is big that the magazines should rush to cover it...and i wouldnt exactly call where you live a thriving state...with two dumpholes like Cincinnati and Cleveland....
My point was, the only douchebags who ever blast smaller classes seem to come from the great state of Cali! I never argued the class was small, It's just not as insignificant as some think. There are actually guys in STOCKTON who race 12th scale. Can you believe it? The world doesn't revolve around California.

And dumphole like Cleveland? Ever been to Compton?
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
Old 05-06-2005, 02:24 PM   #143
Tech Elite

Quote:
by the way Cypress...it's not about left coasters not seeing it...so you get a good turnout at one huge race a year...with over 700 entries i hope the hell so

by the way i race 1/12 but i know its not a huge class and dont expect to see any coverage of it anytime soon. sorry you midwesterners are to prejudiced to see it......
It's actually one race with 700, one with over 500, and a couple more with 150 or so. Also, did I ever really ask for magazine coverage? I was just pokin' fun at Derek for the "following trends" comment. He has to do it, it's how the media works. i just suggested a few more areas he could potentially thin out.

Derek: My last post did include some anger, but it wasn't directed at you.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:25 PM   #144
Tech Addict

Cypress-fair enough,i can agree with that.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:26 PM   #145
Tech Addict

Compton-yes i have,got a problem with da bruthas??

also-belive me when i say i know the world doesnt revolve around California,it revolves around las vegas and a little place called Olympic Gardens and Spearmint Rhino...
Old 05-06-2005, 02:29 PM   #146
Tech Elite

Quote:
Compton-yes i have,got a problem with da bruthas??

also-belive me when i say i know the world doesnt revolve around California,it revolves around las vegas and a little place called Olympic Gardens and Spearmint Rhino...
See, that makes sense. And no, I have no problem with anybody, unless they wanna shoot me.....
Old 05-06-2005, 02:35 PM   #147
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by CypressMidWest
My point was, the only douchebags who ever blast smaller classes seem to come from the great state of Cali! I never argued the class was small, It's just not as insignificant as some think. There are actually guys in STOCKTON who race 12th scale. Can you believe it? The world doesn't revolve around California.

And dumphole like Cleveland? Ever been to Compton?

Hey man, I'm east coast born and bred. so I understand the differences in coasts. I miss the fact that in the summer you race off orad and in the winter you race indoor. I don't take anything you said really personal, you come across as somebody who thinks about what he says and is passionate about what he does, so there's no disrespect to you.

Why do you understand why they haven't sent kits. I have this isssue all the time with smaller class who don't spend the time to try and get editorial, and this is coming from a guy who wishes 1/12-scale was bigger out here. It's easier and teaches you the skills to drive every car that's onroad.

I'm not going to Cleveland, well until there's a race on Xmas then I'll pick that one. So WE WILL hAve To GET beER At aNother race. Jager is only good in Jager bombs.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:40 PM   #148
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by DerekB
Hey man, I'm east coast born and bred. so I understand the differences in coasts. I miss the fact that in the summer you race off orad and in the winter you race indoor. I don't take anything you said really personal, you come across as somebody who thinks about what he says and is passionate about what he does, so there's no disrespect to you.

Why do you understand why they haven't sent kits. I have this isssue all the time with smaller class who don't spend the time to try and get editorial, and this is coming from a guy who wishes 1/12-scale was bigger out here. It's easier and teaches you the skills to drive every car that's onroad.

I'm not going to Cleveland, well until there's a race on Xmas then I'll pick that one. So WE WILL hAve To GET beER At aNother race. Jager is only good in Jager bombs.
It's cool. I think we actually met at a race at Joyce Park you were covering. The Fuel Sedan Nats maybe? We'll grab a drink at some race somewhere. I don't do beer.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:47 PM   #149
Tech Addict

ruuuuuuuuuuum and coke......with a whiskey chaser.

i'll buy first round...

peaccccccccce oooooooooooutttt.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:51 PM   #150
Tech Elite

Quote:
ruuuuuuuuuuum and coke......with a whiskey chaser.

i'll buy first round...

peaccccccccce oooooooooooutttt.
DEEEEEE-Frickin'-lightful.