R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2013, 07:36 AM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Default TCX-X Motor Recommendation

Was wondering what recommendations there would be for dropping into a HB TCX-X.
Was thinking either the Reedy Sonic 4.5 or 17.5?? Pros Cons??
Will be pairing it with a HobbyWing V2.
Thanks
LambChop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,865
Default

You're talking about one of the fastest winds you can buy vs. one of the slowest...

It all depends on the rules of the class you are racing in. If you are not racing, it really doesn't matter at all.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Default

xx
LambChop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
You're talking about one of the fastest winds you can buy vs. one of the slowest...

It all depends on the rules of the class you are racing in. If you are not racing, it really doesn't matter at all.
bit of a noob and definitely planning to race, hence why I'm seeking some recommendations.
So Im guessing the 17.5 is rated as the faster unit but less torque?
Or is it the other way around??
LambChop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,103
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Slower>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>faster
21.5t, 17.5t, 13.5t>>>>>>>5.5t, 4.5t etc
__________________
Minh Nguyen
[Maclan Racing] [Xpert Servos]
trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,238
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
bit of a noob and definitely planning to race, hence why I'm seeking some recommendations.
So Im guessing the 17.5 is rated as the faster unit but less torque?
Or is it the other way around??
if your racing you should be checking what your local track rules are
goots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #7
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 574
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
Was wondering what recommendations there would be for dropping into a HB TCX-X.
Was thinking either the Reedy Sonic 4.5 or 17.5?? Pros Cons??
Will be pairing it with a HobbyWing V2.
Thanks
If you have to ask this, go for the 17.5. That will be plenty fast. (but its the slower option).
napoleon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:32 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net