R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to rc_cal
Default PHOTON EX VS ARC R10 VS WILDFIRE

hi ! im new to electric tc..looking for a new chasis. im choosing between photon ex, arc r10 and the new wildfire...anyone have this chasis can share some opinion in terms of reliability, quality, performance ?
rc_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Arc.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have 2 Photons (not the EX) but its roughly the same car. As far as durability goes, the only thing I have broken is the stock foam bumper, and I wreck A LOT. I've had no complaints about either one.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have a photon, very durable I've only changed parts because of wear not because I broke them... My last car was a xray t2 009 and like the photon a little more and I use xray c-hubs and steering blocks which makes it even stronger in the vulnerable parts. Don't know too much about the ARC but it looks nice I even thought about purchasing one..
But why these 2 cars? Are you new to the hobby? Or just electric? If you're new to the hobby you should prob look at the xray t3 12 or t4 just because of parts availability and support everything you want and need to know about xray is on the Internet and they are awesome cars
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to rc_cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE SI View Post
I have a photon, very durable I've only changed parts because of wear not because I broke them... My last car was a xray t2 009 and like the photon a little more and I use xray c-hubs and steering blocks which makes it even stronger in the vulnerable parts. Don't know too much about the ARC but it looks nice I even thought about purchasing one..
But why these 2 cars? Are you new to the hobby? Or just electric? If you're new to the hobby you should prob look at the xray t3 12 or t4 just because of parts availability and support everything you want and need to know about xray is on the Internet and they are awesome cars
Im new to electric...im not choosing T4 because is very difficult to getting parts here in lhs.
rc_cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If I was to buy a car today it'd be the photon ex.. If its what you decide that way look up hanulecs racer log it has everything u want and need to know about the car and there's mods that just make the car flawless
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:31 AM   #7
Tech Rookie

vbc wildfire! i made the switch recently as did a bunch of my friends (who recommended it to me). It's superb. my friends are currently tuning it up and it out competes a tc6.1 and is pushing a bd7.
it's not the best car to crash though, as some of the parts can be a bit brittle stock. there are composite and super soft options to cure this though.
otherwise it drives really well and is very competitive
Ebbicake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #8
Tech Master

Loving the ARC. Awesome build quality and parts fitment. Additional shims not needed at all if built correctly. Havent broken anything in a year. Stock setup works well and any tuning done really shows difference when driving.

Cons?... May need to replace some screws with better ones and shocks can be a little tricky to set rebound for some...

RC FB Pages Subscribed:
facebook.com/EPBuggy
facebook.com/AllStarChampionship
cyanyde is online now   Reply With Quote