Body Shell Shootout

Body Shell Shootout

Old 04-25-2005, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hebiki
ya ya.. MAYO in your eye buddy!

sorry shane.. we'll stop now.
Actually, after seeing what a scrawny, gamely, pencil neck geek you are, perhaps your body IS the problem
Old 04-25-2005, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: soviet

Originally posted by Soviet
You people REALLY need to get over yourselves.

Get your car mechanically setup properly for your track and then try say a Mazda 6 and compare it to a Stratus 3.0.

Very little difference.

And no...it's not being stupid, it's being objective and not riding the collective group-think that is this hobby at it's upper echelon.

(Translation) It means that all the bandwagoner folks online seem to buy into the same pre-conceived notions without checking things out for themselves.

The right or wrong choice of say tire, will be a much larger factor than a 3mm difference in roofline from one body to the next.
So you're saying, set the car up without a body then strap on different shells, and you won't feel a difference? NOT LIKELY. A Parma Alfa feels ENTIRELY DIFFERENT, than a Protoform Mazda, which feels different than a Stratus 2.0, etc. If you can't feel a difference, then your car is not properly set-up. I.E. if your car sucks completely with a Stratus, it will more than likely suck just as bad with an Alfa.

If you think all IFMAR/Roar approved shells feel the same on track, bolt a Parma Alfa on your ride, run five laps, then come in and run a Proto Caddy for 5 more, then switch to a Stratus 3.0. If at that point you don't FEEL a difference between body shells, you need a better set-up and much more practice.

I love how this turned into an "attack the upper echelon and their new fangled bodies" thread for you Soviet, but the fact of the matter is that the upper echelon does the testing, and if there were no difference between the 2.0 and the 3.0, the Protoform Drivers wouldn't have given Dale Epp ALL THE FEEDBACK they'd collected on what would make a better body.

When you go to a MAJOR Carpet race and see EVERY car in the MOD A running the same body, it's because that body is a BETTER PERFORMER, plain and simple.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

lickrim: Thats kinda un-called for dude

Rod C: True...it is cool being able to get on here and help/recieve help from each other

Hebiki: That probably IS the neutral feel I want...LOL Thanks! Hope to see you back up here soon!
Old 04-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Lickrim,
You may have a good point but it is just way too hard to extract in between the spelling and grammatical errors. Oh, and a couple of periods and some commas wouldn't hurt either.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

And BTW. Mike McDaniels at Debbies this last Saturday ran a Hummer H2 body just for laughs on his Xray FK'05. He still dominated.

http://www.jlapracemanager.com/PC/DR...%20Touring.HTM
This only proves that he's a better driver than everyone else at Debbie's. Have him slap that Hummer down at Platinum Hobbies in Columbus, OH and see how far he gets.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Claydoh
Does anybody understand a word this guy is saying? I guess the short bus left you behind again huh. Oh ...Cali. I'll leave it at that.
Dude! I love your avatar. What was that guys name? Was it depressed Hank or something like that? I remember he had a hook for a hand and caused the Hillbilly doll to commit suicide.

"Lets git to JIGGLIN!!!"

I love Aquateen Hunger Force.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by BlackKat
lHebiki: That probably IS the neutral feel I want...LOL Thanks! Hope to see you back up here soon!
if reedy is a no go... ill be up there for a week. good luck in your hunt.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Default POSERS

YOU'ALL JUST A BUNCH OF POSERS
Old 04-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

my personal body choice atm is the proto vectra, i have been experimenting alot with bodys lately using a strat 3 carpet version, rayspeed accord, mazda 6 and nemisis and found that the vectra is by far the most predictable and still steers pretty good
Old 04-25-2005, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by CypressMidWest
This only proves that he's a better driver than everyone else at Debbie's. Have him slap that Hummer down at Platinum Hobbies in Columbus, OH and see how far he gets.
McDanials is a VERY fast, world-class Driver. Took 3rd in the ROAR East Carpet Nats at MiMi's in Maryland with almost zero prep-time. Used to race professionally and lived in Ohio / Indiana, used to run with Cyrul and others up there all the time. The guy is wicked fast.

Lets see you run a sub-9.5 second lap @ debbies. I'm right at 10.8 with my 4-cell 1/12th right now and that last second is VERY hard.

I'd correct yourself.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

McDanials is a VERY fast, world-class Driver. Took 3rd in the ROAR East Carpet Nats at MiMi's in Maryland with almost zero prep-time. Used to race professionally and lived in Ohio / Indiana, used to run with Cyrul and others up there all the time. The guy is wicked fast.

Lets see you run a sub-9.5 second lap @ debbies. I'm right at 10.8 with my 4-cell 1/12th right now and that last second is VERY hard.

I'd correct yourself.
Let me correct myself this way. I race on a weekly basis with THREE US INDOOR CHAMPIONS, three or four A-main regulars, at the same race, a few of these guys are also ROAR NATIONAL CHAMPIONS, not East Carpet Nats Champs, but Actual ROAR NATIONAL Champions. I'm not the fastest guy in the world, but come on up to Platinum, or World of Hobbies in Cinci. I bet I can take you in 12th scale stock.

This in no way reflects poorly on Mike McDaniels, it just further proves that he must be that much better than everyone else down there. The cinder block he pushed around the track was an aerodynamic disadvantage whether you choose to accept it or not.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'll but in here for a few seconds, I race in the Tidewater area of Virginia myself, and by the way soviet talks and word choice he uses, sounds like one of the local area trouble makers and hackers.

-Now on the subject of Mike Mcdaniels, he is one heck of a racer with alot of skill, and talent, but there are also alot of racers with his skill and talent in the area too. There are times were he can dominate, and times when he is off a little. Same with everyone else. Plus Mike can drop $1000(at any time) on anything he wants to put on his car anyway, Which doesnt hurt his recent sucsess at the moment anyway

-Also, with regards with the hummer body, he was a few laps off his normal amount of laps.

Last edited by MADLUX; 04-25-2005 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

In Soviet Russia Car Drives You
Old 04-25-2005, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JKA
I do believe, however, that there are precious tenths of seconds to be found by body tuning. To rule it out in favor of ONLY chassis tuning is limiting yourself.
The best point made so far in this thread...

In Soviet Russia Car Drives You
...but this one has got me totally confused. Is this a political statement, or something to do with the engineering of Ladas?
Old 04-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Tech Addict

yea. so whats it with the random people hopping in this thread to bash soviet and others? dont think its needed. i, for one know bodies make a difference. but onroad, my tuning skills are not up to actually noticing a difference. for a while i ran my xray with a pug206 shell i used on my rally and then switched to a nemesis. dont really think i noticed a GREAT difference. maybe the rear was a little more planted. taking cars off jumos then a couple degrees difference on the spoiler makes a big difference. but anywasys yea. forgot what i was going at.. oh yea. half this thread is useless.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.