R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-10-2002, 09:08 AM   #61
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

johnbull:

The first link you provided doesn't work!

Re batteries they are still performing almost the same (the punch might droped a little but not significantly!) I hope that I treat them well that's why I get such a consistent performance!!

Why don't you send me (by email) the race dates and i might find people willing to make a trip for a race!!

Nick

Have Fun

PS:
What is "johnbull"? I apologize for asking but it is quite strange to have a name for nickname thatisn't yours!

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 10:18 AM   #62
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Airwide Send a message via MSN to Airwide

Have you read X-ray's report from the euros? I think it's a bit unprofessional to write such a biased report, and I get a feeling they are making excuses for not winning the event.
Airwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 10:23 AM   #63
Tech Elite

Airwide - agreed, very unprofessional and unsportsmanlike.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2002, 03:25 PM   #64
Tech Apprentice

Default Do not agree

as Team XRay state it is their view on the Euros. It's offcourse allowed to have your own view, especially in case you attended the race and had a close look on everything that happend.
Arnoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 12:56 AM   #65
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

True, Arnoud, they can say whatever they want, but it would be nice if it was accurate.

I wasn't there, I can only go by what I read here and other sources, and it definitely seems that X-Ray's report makes all their not-so-wins absolute victories. . .

Obviously it is good to put a good face on what you can. . .I wonder if theirs went too far?
Old 08-11-2002, 12:56 PM   #66
Tech Adept

In 2001 and 2002 the euros were held on huge 1/8 tracks and I think that next years track in Austria is also a similar type. On these tracks its all about power if you going to be successful and I don't like that. What do you think of electric touring cars on very big tracks vs. normal tracks?
moonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 01:38 PM   #67
Tech Apprentice

I agree. 1/8 is mot 1/10 and sp are the circuits. However, nowadays the circuits are all multi purpose use, so it will be hard to avoid.

Does any of you have the exeact details of the Austria circuit (place / name of club / circuit etc?)
Old 08-11-2002, 05:19 PM   #68
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Pro drivers could get a brick on wheels around a big open track, where it all comes down to batteries and motors. These big races should test the driver and the car. also the best races to watch are where people are dicing it out.

I am sure there are enough tracks out their to choose one that is suitable for the class of car being raced. I hope people dont run say 1/12th scales on these big tracks
Old 08-11-2002, 06:45 PM   #69
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to King-G

Manticore, Jonbull is correct, It was Cecil Schumacher that invented the Ball Diff...alot of people dont realise this...their engineering is first class and is why the sst range through to teh mission have undergone revisions mainly in the areas of weight distribution and drivetrain efficiency..I believe they have the right approach in suspension design.

nnick, you should go out and buy that mission...as it will make you faster....heheheh..(lol).

The euros are a great event each year, and often shows the potential of some racers who are not often in the top 10 at worlds etc..
King-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 01:15 AM   #70
Tech Master

Hi Guys. Greetings from Malta.

Yes I did read the Euros report on the X Ray site, and yes I agree with you all that it is totally unprofessional.

However it is that sort of hype that has sold them so many cars, so if that's what's necessary to sell cars, then so be it.

It does sound a bit like a little spoilt brat making excuses because his friend's toy is better than his. I have never seen that sort of report from any othe manufacturer.

I liked the bit where they imply team tactics by Associated drivers, which they give as the reason Jilles didn't win. Are they implying that the judges were bent, and deliberately did not take action, to favour Associated?

Now NNick, you asked about the origins of John Bull. Well, my grandfather started an import company in 1889 and he called it "The John Bull Ironmongery Stores". From hardware it gradually changed to motor trade stuff, including the Dunlop tyre import and Malta distribution.

My dad took over in 1950, and in 1976 I took over. I now have 2 companies John Bull Garage, which looks after the Dunlop tyre and race car business, and John Bull Racing which is my model car business which I started in 1995.

I am also known in racing circles, both with real racing and RC cars as JOHN BULL, though my name is Joe Anastasi - actually of Greek origin. The little picture - top left, is the 16 valve Group 5 Mini I race at present.

The model car business was just a coincidence. My son had started racing and I prepared his cars. You couldn't get any RC racing stuff here at the time so I started importing my own stuff. In no time at all it grew to the extent that in last year's championship, I would say 80% of the competitors used cars and equipment supplied by me, mainly Yokomos, TC3s, Schumachers, Corallys and Losi for cars, plus Novak, KO Propo, Orion, Reedy, Trinity......you name it, I sell it.

We will be having a race meeting with some English drivers on the 13th October. This is a non championship, open race meeting to which everyone is invited. Our championships start about the same time.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 04:30 AM   #71
Tech Apprentice

It's funny that some other Dutch racers did experience the accidents in the same way as XRay did (even mentioning that the judges made a mistake but that it's not possible to go aggainst this).

Can yopu give more info on this race in Malta. Maybe it's possible to schedule my holidays around this ;-) Than I would be able to show my XRay......
Old 08-12-2002, 10:37 AM   #72
Shop Owner

Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Nice history johnbull!

Regarding the TC2002 I saw a video tape (from a friend who raced there) and I must disagreee with Mario regarding the hit from Levanen to Grosskamp. It looked to me as a hit like the ones you see on a race! It didn't seem to be intentional (of course with his skills it might be and looked like not). On round 2 Groskamp touched Levanen after the 2nd turn with to spun so this goes to the above remark!!!!

I don't know if the remarks from X-Ray's site are unprofessional or not but I agree I didn't like them even if they are true.

My thoughts!

On the 8th of September we will have a race (http://www.penkarc.com to see details). Everyone is welcome to participate just let me know in order to arrange everything it's needed!!!

Nick

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Old 08-12-2002, 11:13 AM   #73
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I liked the bit where they imply team tactics by Associated drivers, which they give as the reason Jilles didn't win. Are they implying that the judges were bent, and deliberately did not take action, to favour Associated?
Craig Drescher implys the exact same thing in the september edition of RRCI as to why he did not win/finish higher in the reedy race in the US. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 12:23 PM   #74
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Arnoud. Glad to see the interest. You are of course welcome - X Ray or no X Ray.

We have a few open events each year. Apart from the 13th October, our next Open meeting will be the Christmas Cup meeting which is usually held on the weekend before Christmas,
and after that The Easter Cup meeting, again usually held on Good Friday. These usually consist of qualifying and three finals.

NNick. I'm afraid I already have plans for the 8th September. A group of us will be going to Sicily that weekend to watch the Etna Hill Climb. I shan't be participating this year.

Actually just one week later my wife and I will be in Sicily again, this time for a motorcycling holiday with friends. We travel quite a bit with motorcycles. I presently have a 1200 Suzuki Bandit. And of course as soon as we come back we start preparing for the RC championship season and of course the next hill climb which takes place on the 6th October. Which reminds me I need to do so much work on the car.

Changing back to RC. Is there a video of the 2002 Euros. If so where can I get a copy. I recently ordered my copy of the Worlds video, which hasn't arrived yet.

Rick Draper, I read Craig's article, and was amused at some of the insinuations. He certainly got it all off his chest.

Must go now.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 02:15 PM   #75
Shop Owner

johnbull

I have seen the video tape and the battles between them was very good!! Especially between Spachett and Tosolini in 1/12 was amazing 8 minutes of chassing!!! Touring was very good as well but didn'y have such chassing.

For me is this race at the 8th and then HPI European Championship at the end of September. Only RC for me!!

Have fun

Nick

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123