R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-07-2002, 12:25 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to slowhand

Results / statistics don't tell us the whole pictures ..........
We have to know the whole process in order to analyze or give some kind of conclusions .........
It is absolutely inappropriate to jump on to conclusions based only on final race results.
slowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 08:35 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A load of bull???? ha!
Kenneth Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 08:48 PM   #18
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Personally I drive a Yoke but I think that the Schumacher cars have proven time and time again they are really the ones to beat. The reeson being is they have more national titles than any other brand. They also win with some none household name drivers. Many of times their driver wins the nationals and then another company offers that driver more money and they are gone. Paul Lemuix is just one. He wins with Schumacher and now runs for Losi/Trinity.

The fact is Schumacher wins alot of races and don't have as many cars on the track that Associated and Losi do. Many other brands are killer cars but the Schumacher since 97 has proven to be a giant force in touring.

If Schumacher had the backing of Trinity like most Losi big guns do then you would see some touring domination. Look at what Chris Tosilini did at Ripon in the Nationals. Dominated the field like never before in mod. I think he alomost lapped the field with the best in the business being their. That is almost unheard of at that level.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 09:25 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Has Anyone tried the 3300 Cells, from personal experience what are the differences ON TRACK to a UMH or a HV?
Old 08-07-2002, 09:42 PM   #20
Tech Adept

results dont tell you the complete pictures ........
you live USA, Europe you hear AE, Schumacher, Losi, XRay, Corally .more than other brands, but if you are in Japan you will not hear so much of those names mentioned previously ....
I am in Thailand ... we hear different names ...

It is difficult to judge the performance of any cars only based on some race results. Because if you are racing in World Class competitions (TC Euro, ISTC etc.), you also need LOTS of LUCK beside driving skills, well setup cars, batteries, motors, etc. etc.
Some time 'luck ' makes the big difference ..
Old 08-07-2002, 09:53 PM   #21
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

just my humble opinion...i believe the order is like this... driver, car and budget. for example: a good driver knows how to setup a car, drive the near perfect line and good attitude. the type of car comes 2nd but not the least important. coz u need a car that suits yer style, meaning easy to setup and with lots of option and open tunability(one bad example TL01(masami) vs Xray(yourself)) who will win? u figure;. and lastly why budget...well, u need some cash to upgrade, right?

eventhough i never driven the XRAY...it still the "luxury car" as mention by Peter Viera(RC CAR ACTION) AND one damn hot kit. everyone should have it if the budget permits. it also gives the peace of mind knowing that xray can gives u every possible setup mild or aggrsive style of driving whether u want them or not.

just my 5 cents
Old 08-07-2002, 11:09 PM   #22
Tech Initiate

Hi all,

Mario, like Johnbull I also come from Malta from where are you? I totaly agree with you i.e. in my opinion all cars are roughly on the same level. Till know I drove SST, TC3, Corally, MR4 and last season I had an HPI Pro3 and won the first five races of the season but had to abandon due to work. This year a friend of mine even lended me an XRay. In my opinion what is the determining factor is not the car, motor, ESC etc.. but the battery because when you go round the power lifecycle the power starts from it. In my opinion if you have a crap battery you won't go anywhere no matter if you have a TC3, XRay etc...

A friend of mine lended me a set of brand new Corally HV3000 cells and the power is unbelivebale but after a month or two they start to loose performance. A question Mario, even at this top level there is a lot of dirrerence in battery power, because here in Malta normally the Championship is won by the guys who spend more money - at least when I won the Formula 1 Championship here two years ago that's what I did I spend a lot to win it, but at the Euros all drivers are team supported so how come there is such difference.

Regards
Ray
Remo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 02:51 AM   #23
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

I certainly managed to get an entertaining thread going here!

Mario, I presume is Mario Hudy, owner and designer.....well copier actually, of the X Ray.

I don't expect him not to defend the cause. Do you?

Tell me something Mario. According to the tech charts of the A finalists, they were all using 3300 Sanyos. Drescher and Levanen's were Reedy ones, Groskamp's were Peak (Orion), Lieno's were Orion, Spashett's were Trinity, Ahonemis were Corally, etc. All reputable firms.

So why are you saying that the difference was in the cells. Surely Trinity, Reedy, Corally and Orion all make excellent cells, and I am sure such works drivers would have the best?

Do you mean to tell me that your drivers - apart from Jilles, who is great, whatever he drives, were not supplied with first rate batteries?

I'm sure your cell suppliers won't agree!

Keep writing guys.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 03:34 AM   #24
Tech Initiate

There is so many things involved about those people do not have any idea, therefore of course people come up with their own theories like the one below. Your theory says if there is just one car in A final, it is a bad car, or if you do not get into A main, it is because of the bad car. Then based on your theory Tamiya, HPI or Yokomo or any other Asia cars who did not have any car in the final means their car is bad???

Based on your theory is Corally good just because they had two cars in final, but at the worlds their best car was in D final, what would be your assumption then??

Anyway if you think cells are like cells, I must disapoint you. Just a short note: the new 3300 were in hands for a short time (some could have them longer time), make your own math.

If you were at the Euros, you would see the real things and the true story. There is no reason based on the list of results you read on internet to make assumptions that are a real absurdity.

I end this conversation by this post as this conversation is non-productive and is just based on rumors and no facts and leads to nowhere. If you hate some other cars, it is your own free right. But please, if you do not have idea what are the facts, do not make your own.

PS: I am not any owner or designer, this is another prove that your theories are far away from reality and truth.
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 04:45 AM   #25
Tech Addict

Wow, some strong points here...

(just to clarify something upfront, I've been at the Euro's from day-1...)

@Johnbull: Everyone certainly has it's own favourites, it's pretty obvious that Xray is not your No.1 team...
I agree to some of your points but from reading your statements I feel you should relax a bit more when you write, some people get offended pretty quick...

@Mario: Same with you... you do not argue very objective either... (well, from reading your posts I think you are Mario H., guess it's time to tell who you are to the fellow readers...) You're right with most of your points and can be happy to have finished 2nd with Jilles behind Levanen.

It was a good race for Xray, but other manufacturers performed the same... end of the story...

Well, I almost sound as a teacher now! Keep posting but be nice...

Bye for now,
Reto (LRP electronic)
Old 08-08-2002, 05:58 AM   #26
Tech Master

Hi Reto,

Last time we met was at the Worlds in 98. We've done a couple of events outside Malta since then with Josh featuring pretty well in the results, but time, money and other committments keep us from doing more. Pity, though we should try and do the Euros next year.

I think you were driving the new experimental Corally in 98, or was it an HPI. My son Josh was driving a Schumacher SST.

Good to read your unbiased comments. I presume you have scanned through the whole thread. The Euros seem to have been pretty good again this year - a credit to your country's organising skills.

I too don't know why Mario Hudy is trying to hide his identity. I looked in the profie but he did not put any details there either. He has nothing to hide. He makes some very decent products.

Now to Mario,

You are Mario Hudy, aren't you? OK so you may not be the designer of the X Ray, but you are Mario Hudy of X Ray fame, aren't you?

Perhaps I shouldn't fall out with you too much, you never know I might be selling some of your cars some time. I do use some of your equipment, which is excellent.

Regarding the Corally - yes it is an excellent car, that's why you copied it so exactly.

I don't know how many Corallys were at the Euros but there certainly weren't half as many as most other makes, including X Ray. Yet they had 2 in the top ten. It must mean something! Or are you now saying that Corally cells are so superior and that's why they did so well.

Come on, be honest. If X Ray had won the Euros wouldn't your advert read something like - best car in the world, or words to that effect. You say that without having won much, just imagine what it would be like had you won.

Hope I haven't upset you too much, but you sure go for the bait!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 07:13 AM   #27
Tech Apprentice

Compare the two and spot the differences! You'll find many and see what improvements have been made!
Arnoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 07:27 AM   #28
Tech Adept

I think burito has made it pretty clear ! Perhaps it's time to hear some other stories or pictures ...from the TC Euro 2002 ..........
Old 08-08-2002, 08:58 AM   #29
Tech Addict

@johnbull: unfortunately do not remember you from 98, my memory doesn't get better...
I was running an HPI Pro2 prototype there and was using HPI until my retirement (after this years Worlds).

@Arnoud: you're right, by now there's a big difference between the two cars. But I'm sure you'll agree that they looked identical one year ago!

@slowhand: good point, let's focus on important things! Attached is a pic of the "small" track in Lostallo (I would have a special one for John also, but I guess I leave that one away... !)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg track.jpg (90.0 KB, 159 views)
Old 08-08-2002, 09:06 AM   #30
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by burito
@johnbull: unfortunately do not remember you from 98, my memory doesn't get better...
I was running an HPI Pro2 prototype there and was using HPI until my retirement (after this years Worlds).

@Arnoud: you're right, by now there's a big difference between the two cars. But I'm sure you'll agree that they looked identical one year ago!

@slowhand: good point, let's focus on important things! Attached is a pic of the "small" track in Lostallo (I would have a special one for John also, but I guess I leave that one away... !)
damn, thats a decent track !

anyway, I like your phaser micro receiver very much, Reto.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote