Default ive got the no parts availability blues

what gives!?!

ive been looking for a new drift chassis

ive looked at the E4D MF pro
tamiya VDF 2
tamiya TB03 VDS
hot bodies TC-FD

I cut the TC-FD out and I was really interested in the VDS and VDF

everyone says Tamiya is the holy grail of parts availability and im calling BS unless there is something im missing

I cant even find a set of carbon shock towers for the VDS and literally nothing for the VDF 2 except for screws and junk
no replacement belts or anything

ive googled parts numbers, checked honk kong web sites like RC mart, ebay and I still find NOTHING. even though I refuse to use ebay they still have nothing.
ideally i would like to find a US dealer with parts, but i cant find anything at all

whats the deal with not being able to find parts/hop ups someone please cut me in the circle

[/rant]
Old 02-27-2013, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

If it takes TA05 parts - this place has the majority of parts I need for my drift rig: TQ

Also - looking @ my TA05 and TRF417 side by side; most of the parts look fairly interchangeable.

HTH
./mac
Old 02-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

The part number for the VDS is 84205.
The part number for the VDF is 84132.
Any Tamiya part number beginning with 8 is a limited edition kit, not a standard production item. This does mean chassis specific parts can be hard to find, especially in the US, but as most of the cars share the same parts with the TA05 and TB03 almost everything is readily available. Just because wishbones aren't listed as VDF or VDS specific doesn't mean they aren't available, they are standard TA05/TB03/TRF416 parts.

For example, VDF belts are part numbers 16244022 and 16244023. Search those part numbers and there are plenty of options, for example here and here.

As for carbon damper mounts for the VDS, it shares the same diff housings as the standard TB03, so these the are front and rear mounts.

You can find the VDF manual here and the VDS manual here. Search for the part numbers from the manuals and you will find almost everything available.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Ebay should have plenty of parts for what you are looking for .