R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-23-2005, 11:56 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Trinity T-Spec

The Trinity T-Spec has been available for a few months now and I am curious what people think of it now.

I know a bit about the car itself. It seems to have some interesting design points, like the fact that the suspension resembles 1/10th Nitro touring cars more than it does typical electric touring cars.

Have they started T-Spec races at your local track? Has anyone tried one of the cars in an ordinary race? Are there any 3rd party hop-ups available yet?
MobileIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 06:29 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Superkidracer82
Default junk=t-spec

dont get it you will not have fun just get a xxx-s rtr2.
Superkidracer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 06:58 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

if u are racing it against reg touring cars, its not nearly as fast, i looked into getting one and didnt because its just plain not competative. i love my RDX, now thats a good car
kartermdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 07:51 PM   #4

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah overall it is not competetive. For a new racer something like a TC3 would be just as affordable and much better car to start with.

I wouldn't suggest a RDX to a new racer unless there are many people running the car at the track, as unless you've already got an understanding of touring cars, setup, etc, the RDX has a little more of a learning curve to tune than does something like a TC3.

XXX-S RTR would be a good choice if your new, and want a car you can race that comes with all of the electronics. A TC3 is a good choice if you want to buy something used, as there are lots of great deals to be had.

The T-Spec is totally nonexistant at the track I race at. I almost bought one when I got back into racing, I'm glad I didn't. If there is a bunch of people in your area racing T-Spec then it could be a inexpensive and fun class to race.
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 08:17 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Superkidracer82
Default not inexpensive

i have spent over 225$ on mine and still wont run the spec motor save money buy a tc4 rtr or xxx-srtr2
Superkidracer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 08:25 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I think there are better choices than the T-Spec as the other posts mentioned. Pay a little more to get a RTR TC3/TC4 or a XXX-S RTR. We have one racer here with a T-Spec and his performance is always less than spectacular, even though he is running nearly the same setup as everyone else.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:28 PM   #7
Tech Regular

hey guys, the car is great when it is ran as it was made to do, in a spec class. that means spec battery, spec motor, spec body, and a esc with a msrp of less then $145.00. this class was made to level the playing field. it is more driver against driver then who spends the most money on the hottest motor out there.
owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 08:30 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by owens
hey guys, the car is great when it is ran as it was made to do, in a spec class. that means spec battery, spec motor, spec body, and a esc with a msrp of less then $145.00. this class was made to level the playing field. it is more driver against driver then who spends the most money on the hottest motor out there.
True, but that's also the problem. How many hobby shop holds a Spec class race? I know of none in Texas at all.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:49 PM   #9
Tech Adept

quote:
Originally posted by owens
> True, but that's also the problem. How many hobby shop holds a Spec class race? I know of none in Texas at all.

This is is part of what I was expecting to hear. I guessed that if there was no previous mention of T-Spec by now on RCTech.net then it was because there were no T-Spec races going on.

The only way for them to establish the racing is to start their own series. After all, if I wanted to build a "spec" car, then there is already Tamiya which already has an established series. Tamiya's series is probably preferable for most people because it is not really a pure spec series and allows some upgrading, and I think part of the fun *is* upgrading. We just want to keep it reasonably affordable. So the Tamiya series seems to be a nice balance. And Tamiya has been sponsoring the races for years, so it seems reliable in that respect.

Ironically, I would guess that if Trinity were serious about T-Spec, one thing they could do is bring out a "full modified" version of the chassis to provide an upgrade path for people who buy T-Spec cars in areas without the races. Then enough people might buy the car in an area so that running the T-Spec races could be viable.

The only alternative is that Trinity rents the tracks in an area and runs the races, building a series of races outward, slowly, over years.
MobileIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 06:43 AM   #10
Tech Rookie

Default T-bucket

Hi guys i had 1 of these for a week ran it once and the gear striped. The hobby shop could not get the part for it it was on back order and the next avaible time was about 3 months .That was it for me being new to rc i felt that i was taken advantage of buy the hobby shop for selling me a crapy car with no support just to try and get rid of it .I ended up trading it for a charger and bought an xray from a diffrent hobby shop and have had no problems rc is fun with the right stuff but the t-bucket is a crapy car do not buy this car you will be very disapointed.In the end i would like to thank the guys on this board i wished i knew about rc-teck before i bought that crapy car and would have never made the mistake.
777 micro is offline   Reply With Quote