very good car for beginers and new people to racing
Old 04-22-2005, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by 403forbidden
very good car for beginers and new people to racing
Old 04-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

yeah, but when you get more into racing you'll start regretting it once you see other racers with top of the line cars. OVer all yeah pretty good for beginners.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

sorry to jump on you like this alex, but there is a search button that can be very helpful it will help you find the topic about the TT01 chassis

there is no need to post the same topic in both the aus racing and electric onroad section at the same time, also being an international forum people are online at all hours, so if you have an urgent question and want an answer wait a day before reposting as it only gets people upset

also try to speak in proper english, none of this contractions, proper english is so much easier to read
Old 04-23-2005, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

OOOOOO Relax!!!!! Are we really that formal on a r/c thread, is there really a special format..... NAHHHHHHH. Remember we are all here just to have fun and get some info!!!!!!

As for the tt01, hey we all got to start some where, Infact it's the best we to start. Think about it, While you are driving down a straight away and someone passes you with a different or faster car, and you want to keep up or even pass him back. Well if that you then the competitive bug just bit you. Then let the buy spree begin LOL!!!

On the other hand if you are content with just getting aroung and having fun then just remember you didn't just drop a boat load of loot, and you are still rubbbing lexan with the others...... Dont ever worry about what you are driving. It's How you drive it!!!!! Later
Old 04-23-2005, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Totally agree man ! ......chill ! it just R/C racing !

Funny, after being in this hobby for like 10 over years, playing and racing with high end R/C cars from HPI, Yokomo, Tamiya, Associated, CRC and Kyosho. I would still grab my TT01 to the racetrack for weekend bashing against buddies with TA04R, TB02 and Evos. With the right hop up, it'll keep up with the best of them. With this car, there is no "holding back" due to fear of overshooting and hitting the wall, replacements parts are are so cheap, you dun even think about them (Which other car got replacement chassis for $10)

But of course, on race days, the high end stuffs comes out, not so much cos it's better(For me anyway) , but for the Credit and cool factor.

So for anyone eyeing the TT01, I'll say go for it, practice with it, race with it, who knows, one day you may find yourself beating guys with cars that cost 3 - 5 times more !

......I'm gonna try running my TT01 with a 7T V2 motor later, probably have to modify 3rd party Pinion and spur in.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The TT is a great car for newcomers or drifting. You could make the same mistake many others do and buy a high end or more complicated car but you may find yourself getting very frustrated until your knowledge and experience increase. Stick with the TT, learn all you can about setup, install functional hop ups and then graduate to a more complex (and more expensive) chassis. Good Luck and Have Fun !!!
Old 04-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

ok thanx guys at the moment ive got the aluminum shaft, alloy motor mount , heat sink, 55-58 spur, 24-25 pinion and its ballraced wat other stuff would be good to do to it
Old 04-25-2005, 01:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

ide get alloy driveshafts if they are available
Old 04-25-2005, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Try not to spend to much on this chassis. Unfortunately you can plan on never getting anywhere near your investment back when you sell it. Most likely you're running this with a can or stock motor. By the time you're ready for lots of alloy upgrades for strength...you should probably be thinking about a more capable chassis. Maybe a TA04 or my favorite...the Yokomo CGM. Great shaft drive but easy to work on.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

what i was thiking of gettiig as the last things was the better shocks and thats it and ive also got a Mi2 ao dont need to buy another beter chassis