Front Arm sweep

Old 02-04-2013, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Default Front Arm sweep

Hi All

Speaking to guys at the track we seem to have a little bit of confusion on front arm sweep. I think it takes a little initial steering away, but helps up the mid to exit steering. Others think it gives more overall steering. So I would be interested in hearing what others think?

Also what is an acceptable amount of sweep and what it too much? I know its kinda subjective, but on foams 1-1.5 deg seems good but on rubber I havent seen anything over 0.5 (Although I am talking about TRF's)

Also is it even worth using if you use a diff not a spool?

Cheers

Last edited by Qatmix; 02-04-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

I've never been able to describe what this adjustment feels like. I just know that every time I tried using some, the car felt better. On my photon I use 1.25 degree. I run mostly on carpet. Haven't tried increasing the angle more.

If I remember well the HB cyclone came with 2.5 degree out of the box. A few years ago. I was at a race and my cyclone had too much steering. I borrowed a 1-degree FF mount but it didn't seem to change the amount of steering, just a different feel. I went back to the 2.5.

Would definitely like to hear what others have to say about it.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

In my own words , I feel it has less turn in at higher speeds but once weight has transferred it has more steering in mid/exit . Making car more lineior around the curve.

Last edited by jlfx car audio; 02-04-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

To me it always felt the car was more stable at higher speeds. Also the car had more steering in the middle of the corner.
Jason
Old 02-05-2013, 02:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
In my own words , I feel it has less turn in at higher speeds but once weight has transferred it has more steering in mid/exit . Making car more lineior around the curve.
+1

But also less turn in on slower speed.
To compensate the initial steering lost, I use anti dive where on the 417X, ff = 0 and fr = 0.5. The blocks used are: C at ff and B fr

Makes the car is easy to drive and control