R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-28-2003, 11:58 PM   #1351
Tech Master

Believe Jeff on that one.

It really is a beauty...

I saw it last weekend, and it is quite innovative.
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 08:57 PM   #1352
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to JANTLE
Default First True Assassin To Hit The States!!!!

The first true Assassin production type kit has hit the shores of the U.S.A. The Assassin will be on display at the RCX Hobby Show in California this weekend. All those that are able to check this show out will get to see first hand what I have been talking about for soo long. The actual production kits are in the process of comming together. A few parts from outside vendors are due to arrive shortly to complete the production kits. It won't be too much longer now!!!!! I will post any details that develop from the show on this forum. Actual release date is still set for May. I will also keep you updated with these details also.
JANTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 09:13 PM   #1353
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default 30-45 days

Jeff,

I sent Corally USA an e-mail and they were talking 30-45 days for the release. Definitely not much longer. You know I am itching for one.......
Old 04-29-2003, 09:15 PM   #1354
Tech Regular

Default Details on Spur Gears.......

Here are the details soo far on the spur gears for the direct drive set-up. The spur gears that we received to upgrade our Gen1 prototype were a 96 tooth 48 pitch and a 128 tooth 64 pitch gears. The reason that the spurs were made smaller was to get the rear drive axels more level to the ground. The first prototype had a very large spur that had to be mounted higher in the rear bulkheads to clear the bottom deck. Having the spur mounted soo high caused the rear axels to be at a large incline causing some adverse effects. Testing proved that the smaller spur set-up had great effects for stock and 19 turn racing. The use of low turn modified motors will need to use the gear reduction set-up to reach some final drive ratios. This goes against one of my earlier posts and for that I am sorry for providing old information. Testing also proved that the gear reduction system was the best set-up for Modified racing anyway. This is one reason that both systems will be included in the kit so YOU can decide what is best for YOUR racing situation What other kit gives you the flexibility? Go SHAPESHIFTING!!!!!!
Old 04-29-2003, 09:23 PM   #1355
Tech Regular

Rob,

That is a very good guess as to when the kit will hit the stores. We have to leave a time window in case the shipment gets cought up in U.S. Customs. It seems like what ever shipment that you want the most always gets picked for inspection. I hope it is on the fron end of that projection.

BTW I did not get that e-mail that you were talking about on the earlier post. Please resend it.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:53 PM   #1356
Tech Adept

Default Re: Details on Spur Gears.......

Quote:
Originally posted by JANTLE
Here are the details soo far on the spur gears for the direct drive set-up. The spur gears that we received to upgrade our Gen1 prototype were a 96 tooth 48 pitch and a 128 tooth 64 pitch gears. The reason that the spurs were made smaller was to get the rear drive axels more level to the ground. The first prototype had a very large spur that had to be mounted higher in the rear bulkheads to clear the bottom deck. Having the spur mounted soo high caused the rear axels to be at a large incline causing some adverse effects. Testing proved that the smaller spur set-up had great effects for stock and 19 turn racing. The use of low turn modified motors will need to use the gear reduction set-up to reach some final drive ratios. This goes against one of my earlier posts and for that I am sorry for providing old information. Testing also proved that the gear reduction system was the best set-up for Modified racing anyway. This is one reason that both systems will be included in the kit so YOU can decide what is best for YOUR racing situation What other kit gives you the flexibility? Go SHAPESHIFTING!!!!!!

Dear Jeff,

Thanks for clearing this matter. Well, now it is clear that the direct drive is only intended for stock or mild modified.

Thanks for the help.

A.W
Pembalap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 10:31 PM   #1357
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

[email protected]

Drop me a line. I must not have your correct e-mail. I had a roadrunner account.
Old 04-29-2003, 11:07 PM   #1358
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So the shapeshifter will not be all that flexible, as low trun mods will need to run the dual belt system.

What is the smallest rollout possible with rubber tires, ie 63mm?
Old 04-30-2003, 01:21 AM   #1359
Tech Master

Well Besercoe as you might as well know every tourinmg car design is and will be a compromise between several development points of view.

But the art is to creato the most flexibility (design wise) with the fewest compromises.

And Yes that means the Assassain has to give.
For some reductions (mod racing) the dual belt will be needed.

But I previously mentioned, that I held the car (2 belt setup) last weekend in my hands.
And thusfar I've not touched a belt-car which has so smooth (out of the box) a drive train...

Also when holding the car upclose you'll be amazed about the details, and new smart ideas and features this car is packed with.
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 03:15 AM   #1360
Tom
Tech Regular

Quote:
What is the smallest rollout possible with rubber tires, ie 63mm?
with the 98 tooth spur and the smallest pinion (12 tooth i think?) the smallest roll out with a 63mm tire is 24.235mm.

that is if you can buy 12 tooth pinions
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 10:33 AM   #1361
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default Torsional Rigidity

Jeff,

My number one concern on any dbl deck car is stiffness both fore & aft and twisting. As you know I pretty much only run foam tires on carpet with Sedans. So I want as stiff of a car as can be had. Like Losi XXXS and Tc3 stiff (and now the T1R with carpet top deck)!!!

Any ideas of how stiff te Assasin is compared to the Tub cars?

Btw-count me in for ordering the car as well. I GOTTA try it too!!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 04:24 PM   #1362
Tech Regular

Ray,

I believe that the stock one is stiff. There will be optional top decks for tuning options. The bottom plate is very thick!! The car has already had great results on carpet. A-main Cleveland and Third at the LRP race.
Old 05-01-2003, 04:37 PM   #1363
Tech Regular

Default New Corally Forum!!!!!!!!!!!

In getting ready for the launch of the NEW ASSASSIN we have started our own Forum under the Company/ Manufacturer Header on this site. Please start posting on the new forum. We have set it up so items can be posted by catagory and new Corally owners can get the help they need and brag about their wins!!!! There will also be some threads added to be able to ask many of the top team drivers questions. We will be getting them to stop in on a regular basis. We feel that we have picked THE BEST R/C site to add our forum to. We already know we have the BEST Customers. Please stop by and start posting away.
Old 05-01-2003, 04:42 PM   #1364
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Im one of those rare Corally Pro 10 owners.

Jeff, Im trying to figure out how to remove the wheels on my SP10. Any ideas?
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 05:04 PM   #1365
Tech Regular

Remove the plastic c-clip or rubber O-ring on the end of the axel. Sorry I may not understand your question??????