Old 03-09-2003, 03:35 AM   #1261
Tom
Tech Regular

will sway bars be an option?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 12:30 PM   #1262
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yes the body posts have to go I agree. Not everyone runs 1 body the entire season, in fact I'll run 2 at different weekends- a boring Stratus at sanctioned races and a 2 door at the club races. Body clips are so much quicker to change things around and actually looks a lot cleaner/ less bulky than the threaded posts. Either way it's a cheap replacement so it's not a big deal to me.
I think a shorter chassis overhang at the back of the car would be nice too. so many cars have a way too long overhang so that if you run a very low ride height or drive on a bumpy track in mod the first part to hit the and scrape the ground is the rear end of the car and so upsetting it. Then of coarse the screws at that very back end become mangled and a pain to remove.

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 07:38 PM   #1263
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

ttt

iI'm not sure what the status is with Sway bars on the Assassin, i'll find out.
Old 03-12-2003, 02:43 AM   #1264
Tom
Tech Regular

Quote:
iI'm not sure what the status is with Sway bars on the Assassin, i'll find out.
thx
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 05:09 AM   #1265
Tech Regular

Hi,

I have now finally posted some pics of my C4.1 on my website, I know I am more interested in the Assassin but there they are anyway!!!!

My C4.1 piccies

:-)
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 08:56 PM   #1266
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to JANTLE
Default News!!!

It is time to get things going again!!! I am sorry about the delay in the updates, I have been very busy latley tending to buisness needs and family obligations. The new Assassin is nearing it's release date and things are moving well. Some late changes to the car have been made. It was stated in earlier reports that the suspension components for the new "master version" would be made of an alloy metal. This has been changed. The new components are to be made of a machined delrin type material. This bennifits the car in many ways. Machined componets tend to have a better consistancy than molded components. As molded parts cool they tend to have some imperfections. There should not be any need to do any extra work to these parts to make them fit and perform properly. Another point to mention is that it takes away a metal to metal friction point that can wear and bond itself together. This has been seen before with other alloy suspension components. Tweaking will also be less on these parts. The polymer parts will allow some self lubrication and some flex in the event of a meeting with the barriers. (None of us Corally owners ever do that I know......... But it's there just in case) Even as the release draws closer Corally is working even harder to provide you with the best possible Touring Car. Parts are in their final stages and still on track for a late April release. I would like to thank you all for your continued support and attention to this long process. The rewards are near.

Competition BEWARE there will be Assassins lurking at a track near you!!!!!!

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.
JANTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 03:01 AM   #1267
Tech Regular

Yipeeeeeeee
Old 03-31-2003, 05:14 PM   #1268
Tech Fanatic

I have a question concerning the Assassin: Does anyone know why they are'nt using pivot-ball suspension? I've noticed lately that there seems to be a trend away from pivot-ball suspension, and a return to the old-style, upper control-link suspension with C-hubs. Why is that. Even Xray seems to be going in that direction. I have the Xray EVO 1 and I personally LOVE the pivot-ball suspension. It is slop-free as compared to the sloppy C-hub, single upper control link suspension favored by most manufacturers. Corally was the one who pioneered the pivot-ball suspension on electric touring cars; why are they now abandoning it?
Nevertheless, I am still very interested in the Assassin. I like the single belt, direct-drive idea. I just wish they would offer it with your choice of suspension.
Anyone have any answers?
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 11:15 PM   #1269
Tech Master

Team Lotus,

C-hubs have a lower unsprung weight. Also easier to get same left-right settings. A little flex is a must on electric TC these days.
Thats, why all newer electric TC use this.

As opposed to gaspowered cars. Where it is common to use the pivott-balls.

Pizza

BTW love Lotus cars
PizzaDude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 03:02 AM   #1270
Tech Regular

Yes I agree Mr Dude.

While the pivot ball type suspension is infinitely adjustable, sloplesslessless and works well, one down side is that it is very difficult to get exact settings, and keep them. Most people haven't got the time, tools, know-how or patience to make it perfect.

Something I always found tricky was introducing new people to racing, especially young kids with a C4.1 as it was quite involved and tricky to get the car built and set up exactly right. With the Assassin it will be much easier to build and setup for all racers from beginner to experienced. This means you can confidently promote the Assassin as a great beginner car as well as a top level tourer.

And that's all good!

Mmm Pizza, that's a good idea....dinner time now. Bye.
Old 04-01-2003, 08:00 AM   #1271
Tech Adept

IMHO pivot ball suspension is overkill in an electric car.
Dingus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 03:28 PM   #1272
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for replying guys! I appreciate your thoughts on the suspension subject. However, I still prefer pivot-ball suspension, and I do not consider it overkill on an electric sedan.
Having said that, I am seriously considering the Assassin as my second touring car. Is it true that the "Master" version won't have all those beautiful aluminum suspension parts after all? I read somewhere on this thread that Corally is using machined Delrin instead. If it's not going to have pivot-ball suspension, it sure would have been nice to have those beautiful machined aluminum parts!!
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 04:02 PM   #1273
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Jantle,

Any suggestion "other then not hitting something" on the sp12m front arms, they seem to break pretty easy, will going to the fiberglass ones adversly affect the car, or for that matter be more durable. I have not broken but 2 arms in 6 months, but some of the guys I race with break them every weekend.

Thanks
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 11:30 PM   #1274
Tech Master

Lotus,

It seems a lot of testing was done on Foam/carpet racing where the aluminum works reaally good.
When using rubber tires, carpet or tarmac, theDelrin seemed better.
And Delrin won't bend in an hard crash!?
It will break, but then you'll know right away what's wrong instead of running a tweaked arm!

Pizza
PizzaDude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 06:09 AM   #1275
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

If you guys want a taste of what's to come, check out rczone.net and the report on the latest Fintrak meeting.

You'll be pleasantly surprised. I was.

I'm a bit worried about all the breakages though.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote