Corally Owners Club v1.*

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corally Owners Club v1.*

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2002, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

Jeff we missed all your feedback on the car... I believe the spy pic was snapped in Finland.... You can't see much in the picture, but the chassis is another version that is being tested.

Last edited by ECHOLogic; 11-09-2002 at 01:16 PM.
Old 11-10-2002, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

From the looks of the spy pic. there seems to be a better ballance of the weight from the last prototype that I had seen. It looks to be an improvement!!! Moving the weight closer to the center line of the car will result in a quicker transition of weight in the turns. As for the drive-train, I believe that the testing is done. From the last report that I have received the car has been able to out punch a TC-3. (at least the ones that were racing against it) This to me proves that they have the right design as far as the drive train since the TC-3 is the king of punch soo far. It is on to the front end of the car for the main focus. Many diffrent styles will be run to make sure that the best possible design will be used. Bit by Bit this car is going together well. You can be assured that the final run of kits will be the best that Corally has ever had to offer.

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.

P.S. The new car may be used at the Cleveland Indoor Champs. It will be tested again at the warm up race prior to the big weekend. This will be a great test since all of the top drivers around the world will be there. This race will tell how much work will still need to go into the design and how long it will be until the release. Keep you fingers crossed for an awesome performance!!!!
Old 11-11-2002, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Corally cars may not be making such a hit out here in Malta, but their motors and cells certainly are.

The Corally sealed 21 turn single stock motor has been chosen once again - for the third year running, as the control motor for all stock classes in the National championships.

With 4 rounds of the nats gone so far here are some of the results:

Modified Touring cars. All 4 rounds won by Josh Anastasi (my son) driving a TC3 with Novak GT7 speedo, KO Propo servo, Corally Pro series modified motor and Corally / Panasonic UMH 3000 cells.

Stock Touring Cars. 2 out of 4 rounds won by myself driving a Yokomo MR4 Sp, using Corally / Panasonic UMH 3000 cells, and of course all rounds won with control Corally motors.

Of course things could change if the new car is impressive enough!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 11-11-2002, 02:11 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

MikeR: I figure that if the car is as far of a departure from past C4's as they say it is, then that would be their reason for wanting a completely different name.

Usually if your changing just about every component from past cars, you want to reinforce that notion, by changing the name too.

But, of course that doesn't mean that C4II or C4.2 or something like that wouldn't be just fine too.

Last edited by Darkseid; 11-11-2002 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-11-2002, 02:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Newbie questions

Hi,

Didn't get an answer on my previous post so I'll try again.

I'm thinking of getting a corally after an absence of 5 years in RC. I used to race Tamiya's so corallys are new for me.

1. How would you compare a corally to a trf414?

2. I was thinking of getting a c10x, what kind of bodies can I fit to it.

3. I'm looking for a non nonsense, high tech chassis that comes fully equiped out of the box. Does corally offer that?

4. And finally: are they durable?

I have to dicede by friday what I'll get (dealer is holding a kit for me), so any pro's and con's you have would be welcome.

Thanks,
Stefan.
Old 11-11-2002, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Hi there. Are you looking for a touring car or a 1/10 pan car? The Tamiya car you are comparing is a touring car and the c10x is a pan car?

As for a touring car, Corally cars are extremely durable. Superior Hobbies in Florida has them in stock.

As for the c10x it uses a wide style pan car body. If you where looking for a pan car you would be better off with a cct, it uses standard touring 190mm bodies.

Last edited by ECHOLogic; 11-26-2002 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks,

I'm still decinding on pan or touring. I was hoping that a body like a porsche 911 gt lemans would fit the c10x. Protoform offers them in 190mm and 200m format.
Old 11-11-2002, 05:51 PM
Tech Regular

The 200mm body would still not be quite wide enough to cover the wheels of the C10X. The CCT is a great car to get if you are looking for a no-nonsense type of racing. They are very easy to set-up and maintain. You will throw it on the track and have fun racing. It is also very durable You might want to check into the classes at your local track to make sure that there is a class for it if you are planing on racing.

As for touring cars the C4.1 again would be a very good choice. They are very durable and hopped up right out of the box. You will not break the bank on extra parts to get the car going fast.

Which ever you choose it is great to have you back in the hobby and racing.

Good Luck,
Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.
Old 11-17-2002, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Default OFF to Cleveland

Corally USA is off to Cleveland. Heading out to do some testing on the way to the big race. They will be stopping at several tracks on the way up. Team drivers from over seas will be meeting up with them for some pre race testing as well... Lots of testing will be done on the new touring car, as several drives will have them.

Heres a little info... if you remember the SP12m from the worlds... Well there is a version of the car that will be run at Cleveland. If all goes well there might be a conversion kit availble in the near future.

Old 11-18-2002, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default CLEVELAND HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!

We are in the streach for the Cleveland Indoor Champs!!!!! They may as well call this the Worlds!!!!! We will all be there for the R/C marathon. There are 490 entries and the racing will be very hard but I think that we may have something this year. I will try to give a full report on how Team Corally is doing while we are at the race. I just hope that I can get some sleep while I am there. It is realy easy to play with motors until the wee hours of the morning. Although the race is still two weeks away we are starting now to prepare for this awesome race.

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A.
Old 11-18-2002, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Jantle,

How's it going dude? Have you been racing any where? We've been running up in Cleveland and down in Cincy.

What classes are you running at Cleveland?

L8R,
Rob Love
Old 11-18-2002, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

JEFF.

Who will be driving the new Corally. Are all the European guys going.

What a shame Andy Griffiths stopped racing. He was real world class.

I look forward to your reports.

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 11-18-2002, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

JOHNBULL: First off Congrats on the great finnish that you and your son pulled off in Malta!!! Way to bring the Corally powerplants to the forefront!!!!! As for the question about who will be driving the new car....... As far as I know Sakke, Simo, and Rob(our leader at Corally U.S.A) The rest of us are all in C4.1's for now. We have all split up in the respected classes so we can show off the Corally products. It will be a battle to get into the top positions with 10 cars on a 80x40 board track!!!!! I know that I am going to take the first two rounds easy and play the reshuffle. Then when I am with more llike drivers I will bring on the horsepower. There is alot of strategy to be played out for this race since there is soo much competition. There is not an easy class since most of the top drivers will be there. I hope it all plays out for a great weekend

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A
Old 11-18-2002, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Talking Champs warm-up race

Jeff,

Just want to confirm how many drivers you will have at NORCAR's track and what days? I need to get the tables ordered tomorrow. As I am sure you know-its a whos who of teams at our track for pre-Champs testing. Awesome!!!

See ya in a few days!!

Please e-mail me your totals!!
Ray Huang
[email protected]
Old 11-20-2002, 02:14 AM
Tom
Tech Regular

good luck guys

bring those new prototypes home in the lead... ok?

will you tells us the results and how the car went, when the time comes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.